Guess who's back with 550WHP EK Civic

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a lot of Talent in montreal for building drag cars. There is plenty of Honda's running under 10 seconds in the USA but we are talking Quebec. I am proud of all the guys on MR who have spent a lot of time and money to become where they are. A lot if not most have learnt everything they know from trial and error.

SlammedEF said:
There is a lot of Talent in montreal for building drag cars. There is plenty of Honda's running under 10 seconds in the USA but we are talking Quebec. I am proud of all the guys on MR who have spent a lot of time and money to become where they are. A lot if not most have learnt everything they know from trial and error.

good for them, and i am sure they are having a great time doing it

Cowbell said:
the drag racing world does not end at the quebec border

as far as cars are concerned quebec is a dot on the map, being the fastest in quebec means nothing

What are your accomplishments ???

we finished 3rd in the NOPI/NDRA Professional Circuit points championship ,
how many other Canadian racers have done this in a sport compact?
we have the quickest sport compact in Canada

what you are pissed off because you watch fast n the furious all day and find out that stickers don't add more HP.

please lets get back on topic enought with that troll and is *bsflag*

Moi je me souviens en 2002 je pense, du temps où j'avais enfin trouvé la recette du 11 secondes avec ma Talon. Tout était super jusqu'à ce que je mette à en manger toute une à chaque fois que Francis se ramassait à côté de moi! *frustrate ;)

Cowbell has accomplished trying to put a K Series motor into a civic yet he is still working on it lol.

Ça me tente d'utiliser ce nouvel émoticon! :eek:hdrama:

Non mais sérieusement, le monde qui se cachent sous des faux-noms pour insutler les autres! Arrêtez ça, c'est même pas drôle... Réglez donc vos affaires façe à façe à la place. Je sais pas pourquoi, mais le monde sont toujours plus civils en personne. :dunno:

And in case you haven't noticed, real racers hold together and don't start shiat about each other. Only Internet racers do. Think about this!

MonOncTsi, I don't think it has to do with real racers and internet racers. It's more or less about who's childish and who isn't. Anyone who has been in the car scene and works on there own car knows how much time and money everyone spends in modifying there cars. It doesn't matter if your car is a 9 second car or just a show car. We all have something in common the passion for cars. Some of us have the passion for speed. Anyone who has been around long enough has learnt to have respect for others and what they do. Everyone has there own ways in life. I have even more respect for people like Jason Budd who have accomplished many things using an Ol Prelude and he is getting quicker and quicker.

SlammedEF said:
MonOncTsi, I don't think it has to do with real racers and internet racers. It's more or less about who's childish and who isn't. Anyone who has been in the car scene and works on there own car knows how much time and money everyone spends in modifying there cars. It doesn't matter if your car is a 9 second car or just a show car. We all have something in common the passion for cars. Some of us have the passion for speed. Anyone who has been around long enough has learnt to have respect for others and what they do. Everyone has there own ways in life. I have even more respect for people like Jason Budd who have accomplished many things using an Ol Prelude and he is getting quicker and quicker.
It's SO damn true. :bigup:

haveaNOSday said:
to Garen do you mind me asking how much compression ratio you are going to be running for next season. I asked the a/m guys bruno,and the other guy from T.O they didn't seem to want to give it out I'm guessing there running between 15-17:1 ratio.

Yeah most guys seem to think there's a big secret with compression, and there's a ton of HP to be gained by increasing compression through the roof LOL.
Gotta admit though, Big CR numbers sound impressive to people.
They may work on paper, theory, and Dyno programs. But when it comes down to actual conditions, it doesn't usually work out that way.
All I can say is it has to work in with the combo you plan to run.

As for our CR, don't mind at all. We started the season with 13.7 -> 13.75 : 1, and made 156 lb/ft TQ. Second time around we built 13.0 : 1 and actually made 6 more HP, and 161 lb/ft TQ
The fuel mixture was not even perfected yet (10.5 AF)
If you find this hard to believe, I can one day show you the Dyno sheets.
Oh yeah, the 13:1 engine had mufflers on.
The 13.7 engine had open EX, and actually lost 12 hp with the mufflers on. Go figure.
So for our combo we're sticking to 13 flat + or - .1

I hope more guys get their cars out next summer it's already looking good *tu*
Just curious, are you building a A/M car??

no all motor car for us*td* we have a very busy scedule this summer with the new set up and all, we're going to complete an entire cscs season.

but If we did decide to run an a/m car this is wat I would do first all nesscessary head work, 15+:1 ratio vp c18 some sort of timing advance system. 44mm webbers, Light weight rotating assembly ie. rods, crank,FW I would try the get one of Bisi esrioha's scaveging headers **** I'm getting all excited now> I also hope everyone's winter projects are going as planned and I think we will be seeing alot of cars out this season:bigup:

Les photos s'en viennent la semaine prochaine ! Je suis en vacances et dès mon retour je vais poster les photos du nouveau char de Francis.

En attendant laisser les juniors planter le drag comme cà leur tentent, de toute facon, pas de danger de les croiser sur les pistes de courses l'année prochaine. :bigup:

J'ai vraiment hâte à la prochaine saison de Sport compact ! En espérant voir cette année des voitures Québéquoises avec du potentiel pour sonner la cloche des Ontariens.

Je me rappelle du temps ou tout le monde plantait Stéphane de SMP avec son esti de shitbox de Chrysler. Maintenant je crois qu'il as acquis le respect de tout ceux qui savent ce qu'implique une voiture de drag de moin de 9s. Et Stéphane mérite tout les honneurs pour nous avoir représenter dans la série NDRA.

Je suis certain que le jour ou le drag sera payant pour certain Québécois n'est pas très loin.

Moi je lève mon chapeau à des gars comme Steph SMP,Dave Lauzier, MononcTSi, Jason Budd, Joel et Trick, Pascal Forget et mon chum Francis Tassé qui ont contribué énormément au développement de la scène Sport Compact.

Je me rappelle d'un temps où les DSM fesait la pluie et le beau temps , maintenant c'est rendu une question de HP est de $$$$$ Pis cà , dans mon livre à moi c'est bon signe.

J'oubliait FAWK LES ESTI DE LOOSER DE HATERS

Bon je vais mettre 2-3 petites affaires au clair.

Premièrement je confirme que nickzed=cowbell.

Deuxièmement il y a eu des allusions qui ont été faites comme quoi il y aurait un lien entre nickzed et TKr mais je peux vous assurer que ces 2 personnes ne se connaissent même pas.

Troisièment si vous êtes pas capable de discuter comme des adultes je vais devoir fermer le thread.

:bigup:
RWDLover1 said:
Bon je vais mettre 2-3 petites affaires au clair.

Premièrement je confirme que nickzed=cowbell.

Deuxièmement il y a eu des allusions qui ont été faites comme quoi il y aurait un lien entre nickzed et TKr mais je peux vous assurer que ces 2 personnes ne se connaissent même pas.

Troisièment si vous êtes pas capable de discuter comme des adultes je vais devoir fermer le thread.

Merci , j'ai ai plein le cul des haters de MR.com qui connaissent tout mais qu'on ne voit jamais sur les pistes de courses

Pour revenir au sujet principale !!!!

Bonne chan a Francis ça va ajouté de la bonne compétition !!!! et de mon coté je courserai pas mais je suis entrain de m'occupé du set-up a Racing time qui devrait etre dans le quick 8 ainsi que le set-up a un autre de mes ami qui devrait etre trés rapide (LS-VTEC 2.2L Turbo ) street car

l'été devrait etre trés divertissante !!!! *tu* *tu* *tu*

AHP_DC5 said:
Les photos s'en viennent la semaine prochaine ! Je suis en vacances et dès mon retour je vais poster les photos du nouveau char de Francis.

En attendant laisser les juniors planter le drag comme cà leur tentent, de toute facon, pas de danger de les croiser sur les pistes de courses l'année prochaine. :bigup:

J'ai vraiment hâte à la prochaine saison de Sport compact ! En espérant voir cette année des voitures Québéquoises avec du potentiel pour sonner la cloche des Ontariens.

Je me rappelle du temps ou tout le monde plantait Stéphane de SMP avec son esti de shitbox de Chrysler. Maintenant je crois qu'il as acquis le respect de tout ceux qui savent ce qu'implique une voiture de drag de moin de 9s. Et Stéphane mérite tout les honneurs pour nous avoir représenter dans la série NDRA.

Je suis certain que le jour ou le drag sera payant pour certain Québécois n'est pas très loin.

Moi je lève mon chapeau à des gars comme Steph SMP,Dave Lauzier, MononcTSi, Jason Budd, Joel et Trick, Pascal Forget et mon chum Francis Tassé qui ont contribué énormément au développement de la scène Sport Compact.

Je me rappelle d'un temps où les DSM fesait la pluie et le beau temps , maintenant c'est rendu une question de HP est de $$$$$ Pis cà , dans mon livre à moi c'est bon signe.

J'oubliait FAWK LES ESTI DE LOOSER DE HATERS

Well said!*tu*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back