La carte de crédit vous utilisez

Man those travel credit cards are awesome. I should really get one to start maxing out points and stuff. But im in the early stages of my career where traveling just isnt a priority.

I personally use the CIBC infinite cashback. 4% Cashback on gas and groceries plus it stacks with the journey card to give an extra $0.03/L discount at ultramar.

The CIBC costco card is great for costco tho (obvious statement is obvious)

Travel heavy cards you need to add up if you can break even for the perks but the bonus points will generally cover the pts. You have to look up what the rack rate is per pts. Aeroplan is around 3.5c per pts to purchase with around 2c/mile redemption rate. Is lounge access worth it if you don’t travel much Vs spending at the airport. Are you going to use the travel credit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CIBC Costco Mastercard 3% sur l'Essence au Costco ca va vite

Vu qu'il faut patienter des 30 mn pour aller chercher de l'essence au Costco Laval qui est le seul Costco avec une station essence sur la rive nord de Montréal, pas certain que ce soit super rentable en perte de temps et perte d'essence à attendre dans la file...

1300$ de ristourne cette année, l’année prochaine risque d’être interessante avec la rénovation du sous-sol!

Vu qu'il faut patienter des 30 mn pour aller chercher de l'essence au Costco Laval qui est le seul Costco avec une station essence sur la rive nord de Montréal, pas certain que ce soit super rentable en perte de temps et perte d'essence à attendre dans la file...

Laval ce n'est pas la rive-nord , c'est une île

la rive-nord, c'est Boisbriand , BDF, Terrebonne, Repentigny , etc

pi au costco de St-Jerome y'a une station d'essence

Exact , mais c'est rendu que Prevost a toujours le gaz moins chere

directe en face du Canac limite Prevost/St-Jérome il est 146.9 au Costco 151.9 et les autres stations alentour c'est 154.9

J'utilise une Mastercard World Elite chez Desjardins.
Je l'aime bien puisqu'elle a d'excellente assurance voyage et de bon % de boni dollar
Cette année j'ai accumulé autour de 2200$ en boni dollar que j'ai shoot dans mon Celi

I just want to accumulate points and use them towards airplane tickets
I don’t fly often maybe 3-5 times a year.
When I do I typically pay for the lounge out of pocket to sit and chill, so if a card can offer that, would be a bonus

Td Aéroplan?
Amex?

Ideas?

I just want to accumulate points and use them towards airplane tickets
I don’t fly often maybe 3-5 times a year.
When I do I typically pay for the lounge out of pocket to sit and chill, so if a card can offer that, would be a bonus

Td Aéroplan?
Amex?

Ideas?

Aeroplan you will pretty much only get Maple Leaf Lounge (needs to be with an AC booking) with the top tier card including a priority pass membership and 30$ each visit

Amex Platinum will get you into Priority Pass lounges including Amex centurion but not maple leaf. If you travel often this is prob the better one to have. Amex plat also includes a travel credit or 200$

Now here is the thing. The points spreads are better on Amex Cobalt cobalt doesn’t come with perks. However Amex MR points transfer 1:1 to Aeroplan but you can also transfer them to BA, Qantas, and a bunch more. But wait! If you book let’s say SQ or EK via Aeroplan portal you can sometimes find lower redemption rates through them Vs the airlines redemption. You won’t be able to book an F seat on those carriers those but J is possible. Fees might be slightly higher through Aeroplan but I rather use less points.

Here’s the kicker though. The North Atlantic is the most expensive PASM route in the world. Rich countries flying to Rich Countries with lots of traffic. The redemption rates on let’s say YUL-LHR for a PY or J fare aren’t sometimes worth it unless you go through YHZ (inconvenient) The rates are generally better let’s say LHR-DXB or similar. Even better sometimes vice versa you can get a AUH-JFK for like 50k pts in J on Etihad then just use 6k pts to fly back to YUL

There are lots of YouTube videos on these subjects.

Remember
Redemption Rates
Point Spread
Pts value in terms of flight value
Available Seats
flexibility in your schedule

Il n y a pas une CC qui donne minimum 2% sur tout et 0 frais annuel ?

Pas a ma connaissance. Tu va être chanceux d'avoir du 0.5%.

Pk pas de frais annuel? Le 200$ de frais de ma World Elite se payent en 2 ou 3 mois. Donc overall a la fin de l'annee la carte me rapporte 600 a 800$ de cashback plus toute les perks (assurances voyages/routiere, garantie prolongée etc) donc c'est un mechant deal

Il n y a pas une CC qui donne minimum 2% sur tout et 0 frais annuel ?

Je pense que la plus proche est la Rogers Mastercard World Elite: 1.5% sur les achats en CAN$ et 3.0% sur les achats en US$. 0 frais annuel, 0 limite

J'ai aussi la Canadian Tire World Elite sans frais annuels (4% chez CT, 3% à l'épicerie, 1% sur le reste, et c'est surement la seule CC avec laquelle on peut payé les taxes municipales, scolaires, hydro,... tout en accumulant des points et zéro frais/intérêt si on paie le solde à la fin du mois)

Pis j'ai la CIBC Costco pour ne pas me faire gosser à la caisse et accumulé 3% sur gaz et restos.

Last edited:
Aeroplan you will pretty much only get Maple Leaf Lounge (needs to be with an AC booking) with the top tier card including a priority pass membership and 30$ each visit

Amex Platinum will get you into Priority Pass lounges including Amex centurion but not maple leaf. If you travel often this is prob the better one to have. Amex plat also includes a travel credit or 200$

Now here is the thing. The points spreads are better on Amex Cobalt cobalt doesn’t come with perks. However Amex MR points transfer 1:1 to Aeroplan but you can also transfer them to BA, Qantas, and a bunch more. But wait! If you book let’s say SQ or EK via Aeroplan portal you can sometimes find lower redemption rates through them Vs the airlines redemption. You won’t be able to book an F seat on those carriers those but J is possible. Fees might be slightly higher through Aeroplan but I rather use less points.

Here’s the kicker though. The North Atlantic is the most expensive PASM route in the world. Rich countries flying to Rich Countries with lots of traffic. The redemption rates on let’s say YUL-LHR for a PY or J fare aren’t sometimes worth it unless you go through YHZ (inconvenient) The rates are generally better let’s say LHR-DXB or similar. Even better sometimes vice versa you can get a AUH-JFK for like 50k pts in J on Etihad then just use 6k pts to fly back to YUL

There are lots of YouTube videos on these subjects.

Remember
Redemption Rates
Point Spread
Pts value in terms of flight value
Available Seats
flexibility in your schedule

Thanks for the above.

Tbh I won't go out of my way to make sure I combine the points the best way possible on multiple ccs, just rather have one that's going to give me beneficial amounts of Aeroplan vs. others.
I could use the NEXUS rebate too, because why not.

Back