la classe moyenne pourra pu habiter à mtl

I'm flabbergasted... someone I know bought a house in Ormstown, most people have no idea where that is. He bought a little bungalow, brand new construction for 250k at the beginning of 2020, pretty much turn key. A house that's smaller than his with no basement done is listed for $400k+.... it makes 0 sense.

Not surprised. They should start separating the price of the land from the price of the house. Then people would see that in cities or remote locations, you're paying about the same for the building but a shit ton for the land if it's in the city.

The day we have rapid transportation (i.e. flying cars or self driving pods able to go >200kph) I think a lot less people will want to live on top of each other and scenic/peaceful places that were once remote will be in very high demand. I don't think it's anytime soon but it's inevitable.

Not surprised. They should start separating the price of the land from the price of the house. Then people would see that in cities or remote locations, you're paying about the same for the building but a shit ton for the land if it's in the city.

The day we have rapid transportation (i.e. flying cars or self driving pods able to go >200kph) I think a lot less people will want to live on top of each other and scenic/peaceful places that were once remote will be in very high demand. I don't think it's anytime soon but it's inevitable.

Well the real estate agent said that 90% of the people buying in the country are from Montreal. With the pandemic and working from home, they don't need to pay $2000/month somewhere in Montreal to go to work. So they go out there, pay less than that for a house + garage and a nice backyard, and most town are less than an hour from Montreal.

Back