News: Lauzon destroys Lamborghini - Case resolved

VWVORTEX.

in GTA4 they called tweeting: "bleeting". I know my GTA....

But don't you "bleet" on "twatter"? I'll admit I haven't popped in my GTA in a while. I KNOW I've seen a parody somewhere called Twatter though... this is gonna be the strangest google search I've made in a while. edit: NVM apparently twatter is a much more common phrase now than when I last heard it used. Sometimes I wish I cared more about twitter so I could remember these things... but then I remember how stupid twitter is. :D

Greg, any plans on taking pics during the rebuild, or are you allowed? I know you would probably prefer to forget what it looks like now, but who knows, those pics may come in handy in the future.

Congrats on putting up a good fight. Looking forward to seeing her in top form.

For sure! I'll document the rebuild. Maybe I can create a couple more DIY guides for people.

For sure! I'll document the rebuild. Maybe I can create a couple more DIY guides for people.

:laugh::rofl: DIY about how to fix your everyday, usual lamborghinni gallardo that was crashed hahaha

Still, happy to see an happy ending to this !:bigup:

There are reasons why Lauzon is not wanting to negociate or settle with the OP. Most of it is insurance purposes.

According to CcQ art. 2504, "aucune transaction conclue sans le consentement de l'assureur ne lui est opposable." This means that if Lauzon would have started negociating with you, or settled any sort of compensation for the damages (including a loaner), Lauzon's claim with its insurance company would have been denied.

Lauzon told you to talk with your own insurance company for the loaner, and settlement for the damages, because that's how things work. Insurance on an automobile follows the car and not the driver. However, damages caused by, example, a dealership or a repair shop, are not covered by your FPQ #1 (your car insurance policy) because of Disposition Diverses #1 in that policy.

Exceptionally, however, the settlement for such damages cannot be witheld from you. In light of this, your insurance company must settle you for the damages to your car and then sue the dealership (which will in turn claim its insurance company) for the amount of the settlement. That's how things go down in QC.

That being said, depending on how your insurance company is settling you, you may have to sue Lauzon for your deductible. Your insurer might settle you in full though without applying a deductible to your claim, and sue Lauzon itself for the full amount of the receivable settlement.

I'm not sure if Ccq art. 1658 would apply here, which states that "le créancier qui n'a été payé qu'en partie peut exercer ses droits pour le solde de sa créance, par préférence au subrogé dont il n'a reçu qu'une partie de celle-ci." I'm sure whatever legal aide you have involved here can help you with that.

All this being said, I'm behind you 100%. Lauzon should at least keep you updated and explain everything that is going on in full.

I hope those bastards end up paying big for this. I can't believe they've gone this far to try to fuck you. Keep us posted!

:laugh::rofl: DIY about how to fix your everyday, usual lamborghinni gallardo that was crashed hahaha

Still, happy to see an happy ending to this !:bigup:

Not quite what I meant. The alignment was the first time I didn't do something maintenance related myself (Don't have the equipment). In the past I've always documented everything I did on the car. Things like setting up DRLs for canada, changing various fluids/filters, changing plugs (have to remove a frame beam to access 1 bank), pulling the transmission to change the clutch, etc.

There'll be a lot of suspension work during the repairs, maybe I can document how to do a few things for others.

Think audiworld tech section.

To everyone that followed my story with Porsche Lauzon, thanks for the support. The matter has been settled and I have been completely compensated for the damages on my car. It appears that the delays to settle the matter were caused by the insurers, but Porsche Lauzon decided to indemnify me before their insurer even contributed in order to preserve their reputation of excellence.

À tous ceux qui ont suivi mon histoire avec Porsche Lauzon, merci de votre support. La situation a été réglée et j’ai été totalement dédommagé pour les dommages causés à ma voiture. Il semble que les délais pour régler la situation ont été causés par les assureurs, mais Porsche Lauzon a décidé de me dédommager avant même que leur assureur contribue dans le but de préserver leur réputation d’excellence.

Congrats man!!

Good thing you were persistent and did what you believed was right.

Happy to hear this for real!

Glad you went postal about it otherwise it would still be on the table.
Please grace us with pictures when she's finally home :bigup::bigup:

Really good news.. happy for you Greg...

Now I want a ride next summer for being the investigator of fucking up their facebook page :p

I'll pay for gas :p Just a dream to have a ride (passenger seat)... see if I really wanna spend money on this thing later in my life ! :)

Congrats Greg !! real happy for you

Glad you went postal about it otherwise it would still be on the table.
Please grace us with pictures when she's finally home :bigup::bigup:

Will do!

Need more of this!:
tailfire.jpg

and this!:
pic1editeda.jpg

To everyone that followed my story with Porsche Lauzon, thanks for the support. The matter has been settled and I have been completely compensated for the damages on my car. It appears that the delays to settle the matter were caused by the insurers, but Porsche Lauzon decided to indemnify me before their insurer even contributed in order to preserve their reputation of excellence.

À tous ceux qui ont suivi mon histoire avec Porsche Lauzon, merci de votre support. La situation a été réglée et j’ai été totalement dédommagé pour les dommages causés à ma voiture. Il semble que les délais pour régler la situation ont été causés par les assureurs, mais Porsche Lauzon a décidé de me dédommager avant même que leur assureur contribue dans le but de préserver leur réputation d’excellence.

oh really

Back