LS/VTEC below 7200rpm

Status
Not open for further replies.
With adjustable cam gears you can move the power band up or down!!!!!!!

So F#&* that about low end loss and plus I''l port your head so you got instant power on tap!!!!!!!!

Don't take my word ask Pat!!!!!!!

TKMOTION, you don't have to tell me I know, whe have to convince the other guys. I think I'm going to give you a call in a couple of weeks when I start building my motor. I might get a nice PP for my head.

Either you want to be a leader or you're fine as a follower!!!!!!!

The only problem with the LS engine is the god damn tranny that sux for N/A application. Get a GSR for a good set up. The 3rd and 4th gear of the LS is too long.

I believe the 1.8 non-vtec is as powerfull as the 1.6 dohc vtec.....with the same gearing. Maybe on the freeway, the 1.6 vtec will have a bit more of top end power but is it worth it? When you can have a torque monster with a fully built B18B or a B20Z? I love torque what can i do? :lol: maybe i should of get a stang :/

But like Tk said, i'm a leader, and i'm stubburn. :lol: I wanna go fast with a non-vtec engine.

All you need is a good tranny with close ratio. I suggest the 94 and up GSr tranny cause its not as close as the type R or the SiR tranny, so you won't rev the @#%$ out of your engine on the freeway.

Get some crower stuff for the B18B, they work, crower makes good stuff, and they have an excellent service.

I'm building my B18B too...but i have my secrets too ;) I'll let you know when everything will be done by this summer.

Lets show them we don't need the VTEC to go fast :D

My "father in law" who built a lot of V8 engines :D He's old school and he knows is ****t! he used to be the mechanic for a team that was racing in the old Motorola cup back in 1993-94, and guess what? the car was a 1992 Integra RS.....just like me!!!

ya think? ;)

well, its very simple.

A B20Z block, you keep your head, upgrades the cams + valve springs(crower 404's) LS Intake, a good 4-1 header, LS ECU

The B20Z motor is rated at only 146 hp, but with "the less restrictive" LS stuff on it, you will be getting more HP. I've seen as much as 15 HP gains with the mods i've listed in this topic.

theres more you could do like getting a skunk2 intake manifold, a type R intake manifold....but i'm talking about a CHEAP set up here....a good bang for the buck. The best is to do that swap into a hatchback.

As easy as one two three!!!!!

Power in a mix !!!!

No sweat I took notes!!!!!

lol

"Lumpy idles are cool" ARE YOU GUYS CRAZY? Give me a break. It'll be funny when you come to a stop sign and stall everytime. The point of a VTEC head is a smooth idle, more power lower down and a good cam profile for great top end power. If you put in a set of wild cams on a non-vtec, you will indeed get good top end but non at the bottom.
The cam gear thing is even more funny. I guess you will be adjusting the cam gears every time you want to cruise around town then stop, get out and re-tune them for when you go to the track. Riiight...
The new ivtec has adjustable cam timing on the intake for the exact reason.
I would say that about 99% of the racers in IHRA and the N1 endurance series (in Japan) and the Speedvision cup etc. all use vtec heads. Why? Because Honda is paying them to do it? Nope, because it works.

Spoken like a true moron!!!!!!!!
I thought you knew your @#%$?????
What rock did you crawl out from under???????
If you would read properly you would see that the vtec is by passed on the race cars but of course your head was soo far up your ass that you couldn't see!!!!!!
Read up on adjustable cam gears and you will see how stupid your comments are!!!!
The reason you adjust the gears is to take full advantage of your cams you idiot shoe salesman how could you sell Hi Perf stuff when you are Hi Perf ignorant!!!
Don't take my word for it look at the AEM catalog 99-2000 page 4 and then you'won't go to bed tonight as stupid as when you woke up!!!!!!!

I wonder how you even walk and chew gum at the same time without tripping over your complete ignorance!!!!!!!!!!
Its cause of jerky boys like you that steer people wrong!!!!!!

Read the catalogs in front of you instead of posting stupidities maybe then you'll get ahead in life and in Hi Perf!!!!!!!

I'm still in shock why you're even directing the comments to me when I have nothing to do with you and RMR !!!!!!!!
I have Records what do you have besides a PHd in ignorance!!!!!!!!!

P.S The reason I'm light years ahead of any one in MTL is because I DON"T BELIEVE ANYTHING I READ!!!!!!!!!!I've track tested all my setups!!!!!!!!

First off, I do not appreciate your arrogant and ignorant attitude. let's not get into who better at what, ok?
I have never disagreed that cam gears were not good. I recorded a 7hp gain by dialing in my intake cam (ITR) on my B18C motor. I simply stated that the new ivtec does exctly this: adjusts the cam gear timing advanced or retarded for the rpm range. What did you not understand?
The cam/LS issue what exactly? When you put in high lift, long duration cams in a non-vtec motor, you get a bad idle due to the exassive overlap. I just said that a vtec motor is better because you don't have to sacrifice the bottom end (good idle and low end power) to get the good stuff on the top. I don't think you should tell people to buy super dooper cams that won't idle properly for a street car.
You seem to disagree with the world on the whole vtec issue. It's good, it's better than no vtec. For god's aske Honda, Porsche, Toyota, BMW all have a similar system.
You really pissed me off with the garbage you wrote above. Let's stick to the topic. Get off my case.

Wow, I still can't get over why I just got blasted by a Ford guy on a Honda subject.

I don't remember trying to sell anything so i don't get the shoe salesman thing.
If I should not believe everything I read, why would I go and read the AEM catalogue?
I'm not going to talk about my education or inteligence but I'm sure it's greater than what you may give me credit for.
I have yet to see any big guys (or any other) running faster times with a non-vtec head. The AEM car is running 8.5's with an H22a vtec motor. What gives?
Why not pick a fight with someone else, huh?

Who the fuk pissed on your corn flakes TK? What was stated about cams was 100% true. In order to work well at high rpm ou must sacrifice low rpm driveability. By the same token, if ou have cams thatw ork well at low rpm, they will not performe as well at high rpm. Yes, cam gears allow you to move/play with the power band but if you have mega cams and advance them 7 degrees you will have enormous cams at low rpm with not enough air flow forthem to work properly ans end up with a piece of crap that doesn't work at any rpm. If Vtec (or variable valve timing) is so bad, why does every new engine built with high performance in mind have a form of this? Don't say ford doesn't cause they have ZeTEC on their focus engines, Chevy just introduced a new 2.2l with valve timing for their new cavalier, BMW use vanos 9and double vanos), porsche uses Variocam...do I need more examples? Before you blast off at someone, why don't YOU READ what was said. It was stated that you should practice what you preach: Don't get swayed from everything you read, nimb nuts.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back