MazdaSpeed RX-8 vs S2000 vs DC5 vs European Hatches

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgrothe

Nice video that I found this morning from touge.

1.RX-8 (A-SPEC)
2.S2000
3.Integra Type-R (JDM)
4.Alfa147GTA
5.GolfR32

I am a bit surprised that the R32 arrived last, most probably because of the poor handling of that car compared with the other ones.

I am a bit surprised that the R32 arrived last, most probably because of the poor handling of that car compared with the other ones.

I'm not suprised at all. The R32 is a heavy AWD pig compared to it's japanese rivals. It wasn't really built to impress on the track.

For track use, gimme an RX8 with that silky smooth rotary, or an S2K anyday, for daily driving I prefer the R32 or the Alfa.

For all year round, I'll take the R32!

That RSX-R needs a driver...

You probably mean that the driver would need a better car. Even with the pedal to the metal he was being passed by everyone. He was doing pretty well in the curves though.

The RSX is the car that has less power in the group with 217bhp (Type-R)

S2000 = 247bhp (JDM)
RX8 = 247hp (JDM)
R32 = 241 HP (not sure)
Alfa 147GTA= 250hp (not sure either)

Last edited:
wow that R32 is impressively slow. An rx8 already isnt a really fast car on the straight because of the lack of torque yet still manages to pass the r32 on the straightaway. So much for all the hype about it lol.

btw rx8 FTW, damn its a good looking car.

C'est une RX-8 en version Mazdaspeed..

Avec une rx-8 normal sa aurais surement été différent

Y'a pas de version Mazdaspeed de la rx8. le A-spec que tu vois dans le video à le body kit Mazdaspeed des maps ECU différentes, une suspension plus stiff et beaux ti mags Mazdaspeed (volk)... c'est tout. tout le reste est stock, on peux même voir le muffler OEM dans le video.

En passant c'est la même chose pour la S2000 et la RSX qui sont pas les version stock qu'on a ici. Maudit japonais, ils se gardent toujours le meilleur pour eux! :-D

Dans le video et dans mon titre c'est indiqué Mazdaspeed, mais on aurais du lire A-Spec à la place. Je crois pas que Mazda sortent une version Mazdaspeed de la rx8 vu les ventes très mauvaises de ce modèle.

Le moteur à trop de compression pour recevoir plus que 8 psi de boost. Donc l'utilisation d'un compresseur ou d'un turbo est possible mais avec des settings très conservateurs.

Last edited:
wow that R32 is impressively slow. An rx8 already isnt a really fast car on the straight because of the lack of torque yet still manages to pass the r32 on the straightaway. So much for all the hype about it lol.

Well nobody hypes the R32 because of how it does on a track, the R32 hype is based on how well it drives on any type of road in any kind of condition. It's a very versatile car, and people who enjoy a FWD GTI for it's properties will naturally hype the R32 since it's the flagship Golf and comes with more of everything. Saying people hype the R32 for it's lapping capabilites is like praising an S2K for how well it does in a 20cm snowfall.

Put an R32 on a track and it gets spanked by pretty much anything in it's class. I would and most people wouldn't buy an R32 to go lapping. It just wasn't made for it. But for a machine I have to drive every day of the year, on Montreal roads, it would be my first choice in it's class. For a weekend car I wouldn't even think about an R32, S2K it would be:bigup:

si la type r partait en avant elle était partit ont voit clairement que le type r prend de l'avance a fin pis la s2ooo suit la rx-8 dans l'cul merci le demonter que honda est les meilleur

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back