MK4 Brake Options

G.TheDuke

So my front caliper on the passenger side is cooked so I'm due to change it (also the disc is warped so that'll get swapped too). I'm wondering, since I've got to change most big components, what are my options in terms of upgrading?

Car In question is a 2000 Golf GLS.

For now yes, but I'm planning on chip/exhaust/DV in the late spring/early summer. I'm hoping to maybe get some track time in this summer but I'm not holding my breath!

if a GLS 2000 .... not in vr6.. you have probably the 11inch "poor" disc. if you wanna upgrade you gonna need to buy 2 front spindler + front caliper/carrier

if a GLS 2000 .... not in vr6.. you have probably the 11inch "poor" disc. if you wanna upgrade you gonna need to buy 2 front spindler + front caliper/carrier

It's a 1.8t so it's got the normal 11.3" rotors. If I upgrade I won't need to get spindles and calipers.

thumbs up for r32 front. keep the rears as is just do new pads and rotors and service all the parts.

i went with R32 fronts and TT in the rear .. found everything on vwvortex for a good price

R32's are a little too hardcore for what I'm looking for. I also don't want to have to shell out cash to get winters on my car so I'm probably going to stick with TT/337 rotors, carriers and pads. Now to get all these damn parts! Vortex has tons but not many users want to ship to Canada. Looks like I'm probably going to buy new what I can't get used locally :/

Thanks for the help dudes!

Back