need advice on SRT4s

Zedex

Hello my favorite website filled with enthusiastic and not hateful people that I love you all, I am in the market for an SRT4 either an NSRT4 or CSRT4.. I keep hearing nothing but bad things about dodges and especially calibers.. can someone please give me a peace of mind? I love the look of these cars, the aftermarket, everything just sounds perfect but what's up with all of these rants and negative reviews??

thanks!

Nsrt4 i see no problem at all. Pretty cheap for what it can do, so is the interior lol.

Calibers i wouldn't touch that with a 25 foot pole. These are the worst cars ever! It's fucking cheap, everything is made in bs plastic, dead angles are awful, it's big and ugly.

^^Whast he said....NSRT4 are great bang for the bucks. Try and get a close to stock one if possible. Look out for tranny noises, hard to get into gears. They are basically hot rods. My brother had an 04 NSRT4 and so far, for the cars I drove, this one gave the best feeling for the price...plus a nice low km one goes for what? 6-8K right now....that's real cheap.

Les seuls commentaires négatifs que tout le monde répete sur les CSRT4 sont qu'elles sont laides, l'interieur est laid et cheap et elles puent. Si toi tu les trouve belles alors tu viens d'éliminer 99% des problèmes parce qu'elles sont impossibles à tuer et elles marchent.

if you dont mind the look and the cheapiness of the interior. get one. either one is good. if you need additional trunk space, get the CSRT4.

J'en ai eu un, et je regrette de l'avoir vendu.
J'suis partit de mon SRT à une GTI, fuck que j'aimais mon SRT... :(

Si tu veux un char de "performance" c'est le char à avoir à bas prix.

Les seuls commentaires négatifs que tout le monde répete sur les CSRT4 sont qu'elles sont laides, l'interieur est laid et cheap et elles puent. Si toi tu les trouve belles alors tu viens d'éliminer 99% des problèmes parce qu'elles sont impossibles à tuer et elles marchent.

Ouais mais l'esthétique c'est ce que tu regardes 99% du temps lol , c'est exactement pareille comme un jeep ou n'importe qu'elle dodge / chrysler , l'intérieur. Pourquoi pas acheter une civic turbo ou une golf/jetta avec gros turbo si tu veux juste une voiture rapide.

Last edited:
If you can get past the cheap interior and boxy exterior look, it's a pretty good daily driver. A few bolt ons and you're spanking 5.0 mustangs and srt8s on the highway.
If it's going to be a daily than caliber all the way, I wouldn't daily a neon srt4

If you can get past the cheap interior and boxy exterior look, it's a pretty good daily driver. A few bolt ons and you're spanking 5.0 mustangs and srt8s on the highway.
If it's going to be a daily than caliber all the way, I wouldn't daily a neon srt4

Why wouldn't you daily drive a car with the same mechanic? lol

Why wouldn't you daily drive a car with the same mechanic? lol
Maybe you should check that with Google. Lol same mechanic. The csrt4 shares more with an Evo than a neon

If I had a nsrt4 I would keep it for weekend / drag. It's less equipped, less comfortable. Rather preserve it

For those that don't know
Caliber 2.4 = Gema World engine shared design with Hyundai/Mitsubishi . Similar to Evo X 2.0T and Genesis 2.0T.

Also most suspension parts are interchangeable with Lancer parts

I've heard the NSRT4 has a cast iron closed-deck block, which sounds to me it could take a lot of abuse compared to the aluminium of an CSRT4
what's your saying Toze? could both be modified to a good extent without having to worry about anything?

I've heard the NSRT4 has a cast iron closed-deck block, which sounds to me it could take a lot of abuse compared to the aluminium of an CSRT4
what's your saying Toze? could both be modified to a good extent without having to worry about anything?

environ 450hp que le block stock d'un nsrt, bien entretenue, peut prendre.

Si tu cherche plus d'info y'a SRT-Tuning à st-Isidore ou encore BMG perfo à laval qui peuvent t'aider pour les srt.

I would stay under 400 with a stock CSRT block. Most engine failures are due to the cylinder walls cracking. Realtune has remedied this with their engine builds, they use a partially closed deck. I know of one guy here in qc with over 420lbs of torque at the wheels with stock block and turbo. Some people say all you need is a better head gasket and studs, since I daily mine I rather not test my luck with a more aggressive tune. Just a tune will bump you up to about 340whp. Fully bolted you're looking at a solid 360 whp/ 380 lbs. Enough to have a lot of fun on the highway and keep it reliable.

Neon Srt4 are a lot tougher and can handle the power better. Problem is many that are left have fallen into the hands of ti counes that don't maintain them. I would love to pick one up one day as a project. The feel is completely different, that raw untamed nature of the neon is hard to find in newer cars. The neon srt4 was a better car overall

If you want to build one for power and speed, nsrt would probably be a he better/cheaper option.

For the caliber srt, Never mind the cheap interior coments. I was the first to call it cheap but it's really not that bad. It had the most comfortable seats and it was pretty quick. Look wise it's a boxy car and looks meen as hell with few mods. Exhaust/dp/intake and a stage 1 really wakes them up. Trapped 108mph with mine. The biggest drawback is the lack of LSD.

seats.jpg

2010-6.jpg

srt4.jpg

8.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

/end thread

also, the nsrt seats are not wide enough tho. if you're somewhat large, its far from comfortable. the one I drove had stage 2 and it was a beast, but the seat werent wide enough for me.

also, the nsrt seats are not wide enough tho. if you're somewhat large, its far from comfortable. the one I drove had stage 2 and it was a beast, but the seat werent wide enough for me.

I'm 6'2" and 250lbs and those seat were awesome.

Back