Need Rear subframe + floor/trunk pans 1980 Firebird

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk2-2jz

I just want to see if anyone has these parts and are willing to sell before me and my friend go out and buy all new parts for his 1980 firebird.

We need practically the entire rear end, the leafs have gone through the floor in 2 places.

So that means: need new trunk pan, both rear floor pans and the rear section of the frame. Any how toos would be great too, never worked on that year firebird before.

The rear floor pan are available
Check for goldenleafautomobile (au Canada) ames.com, yearone.com, thepaddock, classicindustries, on the US side, there sooooo many down there.
If your nut enough, you can contact .::DAVID T's AUTO CENTER::., he's got about 1300 car (camaro/Trans Am), he's got pretty much everything, but the price are jacketed up to the roof!!!!!!

You can buy rear floor, but I don't know if they will cover the exten of the rear leaf spring gone through damage. You might need floor pan plus extra sheet metal and doi it by hand.
You can't get the rear valance, you need to find a good use one (I know look at picture) The 78 and lower style won't work and the camaro one neither.
I got mine from the US.
DCP_5697.jpg

DCP_6208.jpg

DCP_6210.jpg

DCP_6237.jpg

DCP_6012.jpg

DCP_6031.jpg

my friends car is even 10x worse than that. Thanks a lot for the links, Im going to pass them over to my friend. I apreciate the help +rep!

I'll try and get some pics of the damage the next time I go over.

Too rusty and you better try to get a donor car. Honestly, when too much is rusted out, for safety reason and labor/money need to revive find a better chassis. They are still out there cheap.I,m not saying its not impossible, but you will spend alot of time into a rusted out chassis, its not pleasent. Ask me if I will do another rear valance! NOT! Work smart and look at possibilities.

Honestly in both cases just get a better car. You just need to look.

I am glad my Camaro is mint :D

MM1175.jpg

Honestly in both cases just get a better car. You just need to look.

I am glad my Camaro is mint :D

No no need to find a better car *td*

In my case, for what I paid, parts that came with and what i've done, I can't ask for better deal :D:D:D:D

Yes I ''had'' rust issue, no more now *tu* Little cutting never hurt. Everything will be brand new or rebuilt! A little sweat but in the long run it will be all worth while:bigup:

Beside I've knowed the car and owner for 12 year.

but you see the o/p problem is not in the rear with the shackles, his will be in the front where the front of the leaf spring bolts to the rear frame. i had a 80 camaro do that to me once, we jacked the leaf spring and put a tie rod inner and outer we had laying around between the floor and the spring, the weight of the car held it in place and it was drivin like that by 3 owners till the cops impounded it for no plates. thats is the worst place for rust on those models. i wish you and your buddy good luck with the project.

thanks for your help guys ^^^^ I'll pass all this on

I know.... I told him I didnt think it was worth it, but he wants to fix it. I mean, when I said it went right through I mean it busted right through the floor and lifted the rear drivers seat, and it busted through the trunk. I mean you can see the shackle in the trunk.

He said hes going to buy a pair of new boxed frame rails and new floor and trunk pans. I dunno how he plans to remove ALL the cancer.....There isnt much good metal to weld to....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back