New Miata will be 220lbs lighter

Dubweiser

1521160638974688508.jpg

Also, its compact configuration showcases an engine closer to the vehicle's center, a center of gravity which itself is lower than that of any previous generation. And not only lower but decidedly leaner with a weight reduction goal of more than 220 lbs (100 kg), all with the goal of continuing to achieve the highest standards of body rigidity and collision safety performance

http://www.worldcarfans.com/114041673459/mazda-reveals-next-gen-mx-5-chassis-will-be-100-kg-lighter

Nice !

That seems like an electric power steering ? In front of the engine, the steering rack seems to have a pump integrated into it.

Double wishbone front and 5 link rear, I would have prefered double wishbone all around but I'll take the weight savings instead. Also it seems it has a turbocharged engine ? the throttle body is on the exhaust side, I really wouldn't see why they would do that if it was naturaly aspirated...

Can't wait to see the final product !

Nice !

That seems like an electric power steering ? In front of the engine, the steering rack seems to have a pump integrated into it.

Double wishbone front and 5 link rear, I would have prefered double wishbone all around but I'll take the weight savings instead. Also it seems it has a turbocharged engine ? the throttle body is on the exhaust side, I really wouldn't see why they would do that if it was naturaly aspirated...

Can't wait to see the final product !

that's the intake...just a massive plastic one doing a big "U" shape.

Nice, en esperant qu'ip vont faire le design un peu plus masculin

Le look n'a jamais été about agressive line, malgré les évolutions la voiture reste dans l'optique de l'original
qui est de rappeler les anglaise des années soixante. Ces voiture étaient douces et épurés, elles avaient tous
des lignes artistique un peu féminine. La S2000 fait déja dans l'excellence pour le roadster performant et agressif de toute façon.

Bien content de voir qu'ils retournent un peu au source en s’attaquant à l'ennemie numéro 1 d'un roadster, le poids .

^^les Miata ont toujours été légères, même la NC qui semble plus beefy. Et surtout, les frames sont de plus en plus rigides!

c'est facile d'enlever 220 lbs dans un miata...

tu enlève le banc passager et le gros michel et ses chaps de cuir ne peuvent plus te jouer dans les cheveux

Back