New Rider w/ a Few Questions

harv405

Hello!

I'm new to the Montreal Racing forum and am glad to be here!

I have a few questions about riding in general as well as the training. If anyone with some experience has some input, I would really appreciate it.

Motorcycle Classes: I was thinking about signing up at Mortys. Does anyone have any experiences with them? Are they a good school? I would need somewhere in NDG\Downtown\Plateau and would prefer that the classes be in English.

Riding Restriction: I've come to understand that the 6A license requires you to ride with someone else for 11 months. How strict is this restriction? Is is widely followed? What is the fine? Also, where can I find a partner? I'm not from Montreal and I just feel that I'd have a really hard time finding anyone to ride with.

Bike: Is the Kawasaki Ninja 300 a good bike to start on? I'd be looking to keep it for about a year and want something with ABS. Would I grow out of it quickly?

wrong section! and all your questions have been answered in other threads! the ninja 300 one and the school one ;) not too long ago, so don,t look very far ;)

Your kawa is perfect to begin whit, it’s easy to do lane splitting whit that bike. For the school you also have moto pro in English. Yes it’s hard to find someone to ride whit when you have restricted license. There is a Facebook page called ‘’accompagnateur moto’’ if I remember.

And the penalties for getting caught are 4 points, a few hundred dollars and the bike can get impounded if the cop feels like an asshole.

Back