NO MANUAL TRANSMISSION - FOR 2019 BMW 3 Series.

Même dans le traffic, une voiture manuelle est plus agréable.

Peser sur la clutch pour pas que le char avance ou peser sur le brake, même patente. Sur ma fit, la clutch est plus molle que la pédale de brake faque c'est même moins dur.

Most dual clutch automatics have an auto hold feature. The car remains stopped after a full stop until the gas is pressed. No need to press on any peddles while stopped in traffic.

Most dual clutch automatics have an auto hold feature. The car remains stopped after a full stop until the gas is pressed. No need to press on any peddles while stopped in traffic.

Ça doit être un game changer en ville. Souvent sur une auto je met le brake à bras aux lumières.

Wouldn't the car want to creep forward if you let go of the brakes on level ground? You'd think they'd have it set up to behave like an automatic, so the non car people can't feel the difference.
I thought that auto hold was so the vehicle doesn't roll back in the transition from the brakes to the gas. IE on an incline. Even my automatic truck has that. I think it maintains pressure on the rear brakes for a few seconds using the ABS pump or something.

Wouldn't the car want to creep forward if you let go of the brakes on level ground? You'd think they'd have it set up to behave like an automatic, so the non car people can't feel the difference.
I thought that auto hold was so the vehicle doesn't roll back in the transition from the brakes to the gas. IE on an incline. Even my automatic truck has that. I think it maintains pressure on the rear brakes for a few seconds using the ABS pump or something.
What you talk about is hill assist and was even on some manual cars in the 80s.

I guess that hold just keeps the vehicle in place no matter what the inclination is.

Car doesn't creep at all on auto hold. If you have the auto hold enabled, come to a complete stop and actuate the brake pedal half way or more, you can depress the brake and the car will remain stopped until the gas pedal is touched. At which point the car resumes normal automatic transmission function. There is also hill assist, and what I believe you are referring to in the second half of your post, but auto hold is a great modern feature and implemented really well.

Back