Nonsense Ticket Inquiry

MTV

Driving downtown today in traffic. . . I'm on Mansfield crossing Rene-Levesque.

Cop comes from Rene-Levesque with his lights on, turns onto Mansfield as I'm crossing the intersection and blows by me in a rush. Clearly the guy has some sort of an emergency to get to.

Gets to the light at Ste-Catherine and turns off his lights. At this point I'm now approaching the cop from behind and stop behind him at the red light. Sit there for a good 15-20 seconds - Light goes green and he turns his cherries back on. Gets out of his car and tries to signal me to pull in front of him.

I ask him why and he says exhaust and your rear plate...

So I kindly respond, "No thanks, I'll stay right here behind you"

Anyways this piece of shit pulls out his measuring tape and issues me an exhaust ticket. Then proceeds to measure my front window tint.. It's basically transparent!! Hardly tinted but he gives me a 48 hour PhotoMetric Inspection paper.

Question is... is he allowed to issue me a ticket being that I was behind the cop car? I was under the impression they cannot issue tickets unless they properly pull you over and are behind you...

What percentage tints are allowed in the front windows? He claims you're allowed no tints at all....

photo_zps90bec2e7.jpg

Au fond, il a raison, dès que tu met une teinte sur les vites à l'avant tu dépasse déjà la limite

The front can have a tint with 70% transmission and the rest can be anything.

Although the license plate is sketch. I'm not sure if it's just the angle of the picture but I needed to do a double take to realize it was a Euro plate under a Quebec plate.

Question is... is he allowed to issue me a ticket being that I was behind the cop car? I was under the impression they cannot issue tickets unless they properly pull you over and are behind you...
The reason why police cars are usually behind the intercepted vehicle is for the safety of the police officer. They are less likely to get hit by a retarded Quebec driver that is texting on his stupid phone instead of looking at the road if they can put a car with flashing red/blue lights in front of the other car. So by acting like a douche and increasing the risk of him getting hurt, you pissed him off and got more tickets than you would have normally received if you had followed his instructions.

la liscence en arrière je trouve ca innutile et courrir apres le trouble... Pour les vitres, comme les autre ont mentionnée teinte de 30% max.

The reason why police cars are usually behind the intercepted vehicle is for the safety of the police officer. They are less likely to get hit by a retarded Quebec driver that is texting on his stupid phone instead of looking at the road if they can put a car with flashing red/blue lights in front of the other car. So by acting like a douche and increasing the risk of him getting hurt, you pissed him off and got more tickets than you would have normally received if you had followed his instructions.

Sorry buddy but I'm not a fkn puppet. Listen to his instructions LOL

It's one thing if he pulled me over for something legitimate. This guy clearly had nothing better to do.

well your exhaust, seems to me, is not legit. Only from the photos I can see it's too close from your bumper/rear lip

It's one thing if he pulled me over for something legitimate. This guy clearly had nothing better to do.

It's not up to your to determine if it is legitimate or not. That's the judge's job.

Why not? They can't be in front, on foot or on a bike?

sont pas fou.... c'est des fake exhaust tip.... donc ils ont quand même la clairance requise avec le bumper... Tu le vois super bien sur cette photo là:
07-2011-dodge-charger-first-drive.jpg

De plus il et permis de le mettre collé sur le bumper si la matière n'est pas ignifuge, donc par exemple, sur une Viper, l'exhaust sort directement du sideskirt, mais avec une protection en fibre de carbone tout autour.
Viper4ExTip29.jpg

Ceci dit, comme tu dit, ca peut porter à discussion puisque je connais pas la matière avec laquelle est faite sa lip.

sont pas fou.... c'est des fake exhaust tip.... donc ils ont quand même la clairance requise avec le bumper... Tu le vois super bien sur cette photo là:
07-2011-dodge-charger-first-drive.jpg

De plus il et permis de le mettre collé sur le bumper si la matière n'est pas ignifuge, donc par exemple, sur une Viper, l'exhaust sort directement du sideskirt, mais avec une protection en fibre de carbone tout autour.
Viper4ExTip29.jpg

Ceci dit, comme tu dit, ca peut porter à discussion puisque je connais pas la matière avec laquelle est faite sa lip.

Mon commentaire etait un peu sarcastique...sur mon char j'ai le meme genre d'exhaust tip (je voie pas pourquoi tu dit fake) il sont bolte sur la ligne d'exhaust et donc en font partie et devrait etre assujettie au meme regle....mais je sait ben que le tip est concu de facon a ne pas devenir aussi chaud et donc sans risque

Mais si ta un systeme after market avec des embout chromee a double parois ca devrait se ressembler pas ..mal oki si c'est pas de compagnie c'est pas bon lol

genre si on compare les tips stock qui sont evidemment pas a 1 pouce

comparee avec des tip aftermaket a double paroi

I hope you'r not older than 18 yo. Seriously.

Back