News: Official BMW M3/M4 pics

Both are beautiful. The m3 looks better than I thought it would. The m4 not as good as I thought it would but could be the colour. Id still take the m4 though.

But I might even take the m235i before both! They're so big now.

These new M cars have a lot of technical gizmos...http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/bmw-m3-and-m4-revealed

Channelling drive to the rear wheels is a standard six-speed manual gearbox. The Getrag-produced unit has been developed from scratch and is claimed to be 12kg lighter than the outgoing unit. Among its innovations is dry-sump lubrication, a double-plate clutch to handle the added torque loading, carbon-ceramic friction linings within the synchroniser rings and a blip function on downshifts. The individual ratios are also shorter than before.

Buyers will be able to choose an optional seven-speed M Double Clutch Transmission (DCT), again from Getrag, with remote paddle shifters. A development of the M5’s unit, it allows the driver to choose between manual and auto modes. Further features include launch control and a so-called smoky burnout setting, which permits a degree of wheelspin at low speeds. To help improve on-the-limit handling, it also receives stability clutch control, which opens the clutches when sensors detect understeer to reduce drive and bring it back on line.

Both gearboxes receive a stop-start function, brake energy regeneration and optimum shift indicator. Official figures reveal that DCT versions have a 40kg penalty, with the DCT-equipped M3 tipping the scales at 1560kg and the M4 at 1537kg.

In a new driveline development, the new M3 and M4 adopt a carbonfibre-reinforced plastic propshaft. Constructed as a single component with no centre bearing, it is claimed to bring a 40 per cent weight saving on the previous M3’s steel driveshaft while providing a reduction in rotating masses for better driveline efficiency.

The new driveshaft is allied to hollow output shafts at the rear within the Active M differential, which uses an electronically controlled multi-plate clutch to provide a varying degree of lock-up.

With an official 0-62mph time of 4.3sec in standard six-speed manual guise, the new M3 and M4 are 0.5sec quicker than their predecessors. The seven-speed DCT drops the 0-62mph time to 4.1sec. Top speed is limited to 155mph, although it can be raised to 174mph as an option.

m3 manual alllll day

toutes les m3 4 portes sont tout ce que quelquun peut vouloir dune voiture de rue point finale.

In place of its predecessor's characterful but thirsty 4.0-liter V8, the new M3 uses a downsized 3.0-liter inline-six that relies on twin turbochargers to produce 425 horsepower and 406 lb-ft of torque from just 1,850 rpm all the way to 5,500 rpm. Those figures represent gains of 11 ponies and, more importantly, 101 lb-ft of twist compared to the old eight, with peak torque arriving 2,050 rpm earlier.

Buyers will continue to have the choice of manual and dual-clutch automatic gearboxes, but both have been redesigned. The standard-equipment six-speed stick features a rev-matched downshift function and helps the sedan to accelerate from zero-to-60 mph in a claimed 4.1 seconds, while the seven-speed dual-clutch - which is up a gear over the previous unit - gets launch control and a slightly quicker sprint time of 3.9 seconds. Also part of the septa-cog's bag of tricks is a "Stability Clutch Control" function that opens one of the clutches in order to quell understeer.

Read more: http://www.leftlanenews.com/bmw-m3-2014.html

Looks like the N55 engine is here to stay for a while. Maybe it will help with the value of 2011+ N55 based vehicles, and open up more options to tune these engines ...

Last edited:
M3 4doors nice...
Awesome only thing is that the engine is not much special.. the 3.0T will have 330hp now , was nice to say my car has a unique engine

old 4L 2.0 then the 3,2L then the 4.0 V8... all pretty much exclusive to the M

for people complaing about the weight. not many cars you can find with all those gadgets and power are lighter. ATS included

Too much going on in the front, the rear end is hideous, the cars are way too heavy and big.

Love the interiors

no thanks, flamesuit on fanboys

1520-1575kg is waaaaay too heavy

But it looks very nice though! Both the M3 and M4

1,520kg for the F80 M3 is not that bad considering the E46 M3 weighed in at 1,495kg. I am all for weight reduction and I think BMW finally understands this...

In combination with BMW’s efforts to lighten the M3 and M4 through the use of new lightweight materials, the added reserves improve the power-to-weight ratio of the M3 by 22bhp per tonne over its four-door predecessor to 280bhp per tonne. The M4 also improves by 22bhp per tonne over the outgoing M3 coupé to 284bhp per tonne. By comparison, the latest Porsche 911 Carrera S has 283bhp per tonne.

Still falls behind the audi S4 in my book

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

wow! you can't be serious !? I'm an audi fanboy but I can't see them doing anything in a near future that can touch this car. Maybe they will have a twin turbo 6 in the future since they have
one in the macan now.

The only thing that's bothering me with the new M3-4 is the amount of options and the price. Does a M3 needs ceremic brakes ? WOuld it need all the carbon bits if it wasn't this huge ?
Does it need to cost more than a 100k ? It's now in the same price range as the new cayman and close to a 991.

Maybe the little brothers are just doing too well so they need to push this gen a bit further. But for me it is still a 3 series :dunno:

I hope it's a big hit and MB and Audi step up their game as well.

oh yeah and fuck those bumpers.. pretty hideous.

Back