Operation Orage - Speed Camera speed trigger for ticket?

goden99

Hello Everyone,

On the 40 heading west where there is Operation Orange the speed limit is 90KM/h and suddenly it was 70KM/h and there was a speed camera truck there.... I want to know at what speed does the camera get triggered for a ticket?

10km/h Over?
15km/h Over?
20km/h Over?

The second I saw it I was going 86km/h...

you're toasted. gonna be 144$ since fines are doubled in construction zone and 17km/h over is 72$. that's the minimum fine btw for speed trap.

La caméra est déclenchée à 1km/h au dessus de la limite mais c'est un policier qui révise les images et applique son jugement à savoir si on t'envoie le constat ou non. Corrigez moi si je me trompe.

je confirme, j'ai déja été flashé a 120 dans une zone de 100 mais jamais recu le ticket, ca fait 10 mois.

La caméra est déclenchée à 1km/h au dessus de la limite mais c'est un policier qui révise les images et applique son jugement à savoir si on t'envoie le constat ou non. Corrigez moi si je me trompe.

Je doute fort du +1 quant ca flash inquiete toi pas tu le sait, ca ferait trop de ticket pas payant, a verifier
dans leur blas blas il disait ajuster le trigger en fonction du flow, mais j"en doute et de toute facon il ne diront jamais officiellement que c'est a X de plus

It's really stupid, I passed by it again today. No Camera Truck this time but it drops from 90km/h to 70km/h one shot with only one sign on the right side. There are lots of trucks on that road and they do block the view of that speed limit sign.

I'm only pissed off because this is the 3rd day I take that road and I have not seen ONE construction worker. Sure double the fine to make sure these guys are safe..... Who/Where are these guys we protecting? Atleast have a flashing sign so the limit is inforced when they are actually at work.
What If Tim Hortons would bans them....

You do know that the reduced speed is to protct yourself and other drivers too?? Often the lanes are reduced and there are deviations on the road. Also the cones can be distracting and people tend to react weirdly under thoses circumstances..... Just respect the speed zones...... ( usually I'm anti police but the mobile photo radars in constructions zones, I'm really for that......)

You do know that the reduced speed is to protct yourself and other drivers too?? Often the lanes are reduced and there are deviations on the road. Also the cones can be distracting and people tend to react weirdly under thoses circumstances..... Just respect the speed zones...... ( usually I'm anti police but the mobile photo radars in constructions zones, I'm really for that......)

The reduced speed i don t mind. ...but the doubled fine was introduced to protect worker
so should be like in ontario...no worker no double fine

Il y a une marge d'erreur de plus de 1km/h. Je ne veut pas lancer de chiffre en l'air comme ca mais j'ai souvent passé devant des caméras a 10km/h over et ca n'a pas flasher. Quand ca flash tu le voit assez merci, ca fait le saut.

Il y a une marge d'erreur de plus de 1km/h. Je ne veut pas lancer de chiffre en l'air comme ca mais j'ai souvent passé devant des caméras a 10km/h over et ca n'a pas flasher. Quand ca flash tu le voit assez merci, ca fait le saut.

Est-il flash dans la journée?

La marge d'erreur d'une caméra est de 10km/h en ville et de 15 km/h sur l'autoroute(les compagnies de transport ont reçu des mémo d'après mon père au travaille chez Robert transport)

Envoyé de mon Nexus 5 en utilisant Tapatalk

La marge d'erreur d'une caméra est de 10km/h en ville et de 15 km/h sur l'autoroute(les compagnies de transport ont reçu des mémo d'après mon père au travaille chez Robert transport)

Faut pas confondre marge d erreur et zone de non operation

Faut pas confondre marge d erreur et zone de non operation

Pas faux, merci de la correction, même si j'utilisais le terme de marge d'erreur pour pas mélanger les autres :p

Mais bon, pour compléter, il y a une zone de non-opéraration de 15 km/h ou 10 km/h supérieure à la limite de vitesse dépendant du type de zone(autoroute ou rues) (je m'attends à ce que ceux en zone scolaire la zone soit autour de 5 km/h par contre, sera à confirmer).

La raison de cette zone de non-opération est pour tenir compte du fait que il y a en moyenne en sortant de l'usine une marge d'erreur de 4% au niveau des compteurs de vitesse ( à cause du diamètre des pneus, etc).

Si on ajoute qu'avec l'âge du véhicule et la possibilité de problèmes mécanique, cette marge peut augmenter..... Ils se gardent une petite gêne à ce moment là pour éviter que ça chiale.

And the lanes which are already not quite wide enough for normal traffic, are even narrower in construction zones because they have to fit 3 of them where normally only two would fit, plus you have the usual people not paying attention like the old crazy woman that was passing everyone well beyong 100km/h in the 70 zone on the 40 (near St-Charles) because she was on "auto pilot" chatting it up with a passenger.

She passed a bunch of cars including mine, I was rolling away between 70~80, much like everyone except her. Then had to hit the brakes hard when she finally hit traffic beyond the Sainte-Marie overpass. She's lucky she didn't tip her SUV over.

So yeah, ask me she definitely would have deserved 144$+ for not actually driving while behind the wheel.

Back