Plane on conveyor belt !!!

You are given two indistinguishable envelopes, each containing money, one contains twice as much as the other. You may pick one envelope and keep the money it contains. Having chosen an envelope at will, but before inspecting it, you are given the chance to switch envelopes. Should you switch?

That depends, does the person giving me the option to switch KNOW which envelope contains more money?

I would 100% rely on my senses and if the envelope feels light, I switch. ha ha ha.

If not, this is just a poor version of the monty hall problem.

Both have a cheque in them, simply having different amount written on them...how do you know which is heavier? "one million" requires less ink than "five hundred thousand" to write, so it would be "lighter" :p

Both have a cheque in them, simply having different amount written on them...how do you know which is heavier? "one million" requires less ink than "five hundred thousand" to write, so it would be "lighter" :p

this or one has 15 20$ bills the other 10 100$ bills

Again you guys are MISREADING the question.... it says but before inspecting it.....lol god dammit!

Non, pas cette fois si. Dibbs a dit qu'il changerais seulement s'il trouve que la premiere envelope est legere. Il n'a pas dit qu'il avait inspecter la 2e envelope.

estie y'en a une qui a fini par decoller !
maxresdefault.jpg

Je prends les 2 enveloppes et je me patch en m’envolant avec l'avion en papier sur la tête d'une des toutounes sur les tapis.

You are given two indistinguishable envelopes, each containing money, one contains twice as much as the other. You may pick one envelope and keep the money it contains. Having chosen an envelope at will, but before inspecting it, you are given the chance to switch envelopes. Should you switch?

You try 1,000 times where you switch the envelope every time and 1,000 times where you never switch it. In both cases, you should end up approx. 500 times with envelope containing $x and 500 times with the envelope containing $2x. No gain at all in switching.

Open a different thread for the Envelopes.

As far as the wheels on a treadmill, think about it this way. If the wheels is spinning at 1 rpm and the treadmill is perfectly matched the wheel needs to spin at 1.1 RPM to move forward. But if magically the speed of the treadmill increased to match the 1.1 at the same time it wouldn't move forward.

But the engines are still pushing forward so the wheel will want to move and spin 1.2 RPM. But again magically at the exact same time the treadmill speeds up. It will keep on doing this to an infinite speed.

I insert the word magically because even the best sensors and controller cannot match the new speed which is why in the real world the plane will always take off.

It's like the troll logic of shining a light into a mirrored box. Troll logic would indicate that the mirrors will reflect the light indefinitely or at least until someone opens it up but the fallacy comes from the fact that you can never closed the box fast enough to get the infinite reflection.

You try 1,000 times where you switch the envelope every time and 1,000 times where you never switch it. In both cases, you should end up approx. 500 times with envelope containing $x and 500 times with the envelope containing $2x. No gain at all in switching.

so you tried 2000 times in total yet you only have 1000 results....thief!!!

It's like the troll logic of shining a light into a mirrored box. Troll logic would indicate that the mirrors will reflect the light indefinitely or at least until someone opens it up but the fallacy comes from the fact that you can never closed the box fast enough to get the infinite reflection.
What if the light is already in in the closed box and operated by remote control? :)

Ah I get it now, yes theoretically what dibbs is saying makes sense. Wheel has to move faster than the belt in order to advance. And basically the opposing force of thrust is hidden in that "instant matching" statement.

lol fkin bitch ass question, Its just hard to imagine this theoretical shit in real life

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

avant de quitter MR je voulais juste dire que j'ai changé d'idée pis finalement je pense que l'avion va décoller.

Back