Polestar 2 Lease: $349/mth with $2082 down

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
What do you guys think of this deal on the Polestar website? I think it's better than any deal around if you're looking for an EV. Total obligation of $6270 is nuts.

The closest I found was a base Kona electric at $466/mth for 60 months at 8.5%. Can't tell if the government incentives are included in that price.

Gregster what's your take?

1715082284389.png

1674463590-og-polestar-2-overview.jpg

polestar-190924-0649_56_my22_v001.jpg

l'annonce c'est un...avoir des disponibilité a ce montant la c'est deux.

j'ai checker pour le fun la semaine passé et il y avait rien de dispo.

You get partial EV credit for a 1 year lease and then the car is not available for the rest of the credits if you want to buy it back(the full 5K+7K).

If you need a car for a year and not planning on buying it back, sure. On paper, this means you need to shop around after. Around 6K for the year for a new car, assuming you charge at home most of the time your running costs are almost nil so you same 1500-2000$ in gas for the year depending on usage/gas prices. End up 4k "net". Not bad.

Unless once they have a ton of them coming back next year they are willing to nego on the residual but... its in the contract so I doubt.

You get partial EV credit for a 1 year lease and then the car is not available for the rest of the credits if you want to buy it back(the full 5K+7K).

If you need a car for a year and not planning on buying it back, sure. On paper, this means you need to shop around after. Around 6K for the year for a new car, assuming you charge at home most of the time your running costs are almost nil so you same 1500-2000$ in gas for the year depending on usage/gas prices. End up 4k "net". Not bad.

Unless once they have a ton of them coming back next year they are willing to nego on the residual but... its in the contract so I doubt.
et ajoute les frais pour ceux qui n'ont pas de prise à la maison et qui doivent s'en faire installer une... Ce deal là est bon pour ceux qui ont déjà une EV et que leur location se termine

It was 299$ a few weeks ago

This an amuse bouche for EV ownership. Polestar 2 is a bit lacklustre but if it was 349$ for 36 months totally worth and would be in the driveway. The problem is at 12 months you only get 1/4 rebate and by the time the lease is up and want to buy back you lose all the rebate. Its not really a “deal” as the buyback might be higher than actual market value. 60 month lease? Fuck that especially for a Kona. Never lease more than 36-48mo.

Best deal by far right now is 4yrs Vinfast VF8 Eco for around 500$ month tax in. Two family members are extremely happy with theirs. Based on the Ottawa drive this weekend the 425-450km range is pretty accurate and shit ton of space. If you can charge at home and spend 250-300$ on gas… do the math. Is it the best EV? No but its certainly not that bad and pretty compelling if you are looking for an EV that’s affordable

As i said in the video. We are a subscription society. Its about month payment cost

The Vinfast VF8 Is Better Than You Expect! In-Depth Review

Last edited:
Polestar is on the brink of bankruptcy. Geely is moving in a way that forecasts dropping the company entirely.

Polestar is on the brink of bankruptcy. Geely is moving in a way that forecasts dropping the company entirely.

EV industry isnt in good shape ATM. Cash crunch, politics issues etc. Freewire closed up shop (not a great idea from the start) Tesla Supercharging, Tritium Bankrupt. I compared it to the PC world of the 90s. Lots of companies closed or consolidated

BYD is literally murdering everyone and chinese charging providers like star charge and autel

It was 299$ a few weeks ago

This an amuse bouche for EV ownership. Polestar 2 is a bit lacklustre but if it was 349$ for 36 months totally worth and would be in the driveway. The problem is at 12 months you only get 1/4 rebate and by the time the lease is up and want to buy back you lose all the rebate. Its not really a “deal” as the buyback might be higher than actual market value. 60 month lease? Fuck that especially for a Kona. Never lease more than 36-48mo.

Best deal by far right now is 4yrs Vinfast VF8 Eco for around 500$ month tax in. Two family members are extremely happy with theirs. Based on the Ottawa drive this weekend the 425-450km range is pretty accurate and shit ton of space. If you can charge at home and spend 250-300$ on gas… do the math. Is it the best EV? No but its certainly not that bad and pretty compelling if you are looking for an EV that’s affordable

As i said in the video. We are a subscription society. Its about month payment cost

The Vinfast VF8 Is Better Than You Expect! In-Depth Review
Insurance rates on a Vinfast? The brand is kind of new around here. Do you know if the people you know are paying a lot to insure theirs?

Envoyé de mon SM-G990W2 en utilisant Tapatalk

L'avantage c'est que si jamais ça go belly up ça fera pas comme Fisker tout le monde fourré. Vuq une c'est pas mal Volvo en dedans tu pourras avoir du service au Volvo surement.

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Insurance rates on a Vinfast? The brand is kind of new around here. Do you know if the people you know are paying a lot to insure theirs?

Envoyé de mon SM-G990W2 en utilisant Tapatalk

My father in law is paying 1100$ but hes 68. I was quoted 1700$ My brother in law is paying around that iirc

L'avantage c'est que si jamais ça go belly up ça fera pas comme Fisker tout le monde fourré. Vuq une c'est pas mal Volvo en dedans tu pourras avoir du service au Volvo surement.

My problem with Polestar has always been Geely doesnt know exactly what to do with it. Polestar is Volvo performance side but appeals to real volvo lovers. Its almost as if they should have just branded is as a Volvo whatever

My problem with Polestar has always been Geely doesnt know exactly what to do with it. Polestar is Volvo performance side but appeals to real volvo lovers. Its almost as if they should have just branded is as a Volvo whatever
Yes making it a brand with no dealership was a weird idea.
Why not making it Volvo-something.

Volvo Polestar S/V60 (the initial car in black or blue)
Volvo Polestar-Engineered (PHEV performance)
Volvo Polestar Optimized (the software upgrade)
Polestar (the car brand)

And also you have Volvo Recharge models (electrics) and now EX line electric too, T8 as PHEV, etc.

What a marketing mess.

The Tesla price cuts really hurt them. Model 3 LR is cheaper than the similar Dual Motor Polestar. Polestar 2 has never really impressed me. Now with EV9 out and selling well the other SUV models are competing with BMW iX. The iX is really good as well

Just go Adesa Montreal, there must be 2000 of them stored in the parking lot.. I am surprised they are not 99$ a month. they can’t give them away.

Just go Adesa Montreal, there must be 2000 of them stored in the parking lot.. I am surprised they are not 99$ a month. they can’t give them away.
Likely due to the Hertz fiasco where they agreed not to dump them after breaking the contract

Back