RCD310 to RNS315 in base Jetta Comfortline+ with no Bluetooth

portugz

I'm so conflicted, read so many different things, that I'm pretty confused now.

I have a base Comfortline+ with no Bluetooth, got a good chance on a good deal on a RNS315 and thought it automatically has bluetooth integrated... now I'm reading that's not necessarily true.

Spoke to the volks, they said the conversion wasn't possible.
I read it is possible in some cases.

I'm confused as fuck, and pressed on time for this deal on whether I take it or not...

Has anyone done it? Any DIY you know of to RCD310 to RNS315 when there is no Bluetooth in the first place?

I'm so conflicted, read so many different things, that I'm pretty confused now.

I have a base Comfortline+ with no Bluetooth, got a good chance on a good deal on a RNS315 and thought it automatically has bluetooth integrated... now I'm reading that's not necessarily true.

Spoke to the volks, they said the conversion wasn't possible.
I read it is possible in some cases.

I'm confused as fuck, and pressed on time for this deal on whether I take it or not...

Has anyone done it? Any DIY you know of to RCD310 to RNS315 when there is no Bluetooth in the first place?

I'm pretty sure the RNS315 has the bluetooth module and microphone built into the unit. From what I understand, you have to activate it via vag-com.

IMO however, I wouldn't spend any money on an OEM VW radio upgrade, even if you have a good deal. Go on amazon.ca and order an Android unit. They go for around 500$ CDN shipped. You'll get the bluetooth unit, plus you'll basically have the functionality of an 8'' tablet in your dashboard (googlemaps, spotify, navi, internet, etc)

I've got OEM touchscreen radios for mk5 and mk6 that adds Bluetooth and carplay (which is only in new VW models)
You basically get Bluetooth, navigation and it will read out sms and you can dictate sms or any command that siri would do.
350$
I have the one for android (mirrorlink) but seems like not all models are compatible. 300$
PM me for details.

Back