Rhd to lhd

dsb180

I'm considering converting my 180 to lhd.
I want to do this for two reasons. 1Rhd is
a cop magnet. Every cop who sees a rhd car
Automatically thinks were breaking the law
And pull us over for no reason. And I'm sick of
It. And two the new motor doesn't fit with rhd.

Now the big question is. What do you guys think
they will be thinking now if I were to get pulled over
Driving a lhd car with rhd Vin numbers....
It will look a little bit sketchy to say the least.

(for those of u who do not have a rhd car they only
have 11 digit Vin numbers as appose to 17 on normal cars.)

just buy a new sheel lhd !!! alot less trouble !!!

you would need to find a parts cars for the firewall , dash bar , steering rack , steering colum (is the same i think) , pedal set must be good for lhd , all duking under the dash , blower motor ... interior panel , wring too if you dont want your master window switch on the passager side !!!!

Yea that was the plan to just buy a scrap 240 and use everything from it. And if I could find a 240 as clean as my 180 I would buy it. It just hard to find for a reasonable price. For me 4-5k for a 20 year old car is a bit expensive...

also take the LHD's number and swap it on your mint RHD frame......total conversion....

you putting a 1or 2 JZ in there?

surement lsx mais encore la sa fit...... qu'ess tu met dedan ? le w16 dla veyron ? si non achete toi un autre shell

Ls3 the mounts fit but the headers don't and too tight to fabricate coustom ones. Even on a lhd car the steering colum goes through one of the exhaust runners

if you have some pics mabe its possible to fab a custum header on it with short radius

Just get a shity canadian 240 thats still registered. Take the vins and the firewall and scrap the rest. You dont need anything other than that... The pedals are the same just mounted in opposite places. If you ball get a set of Wilwood pedals that mount to the floor instead of the firewall and you'll have a lot less work to do +more space for the motor. I did the swap btw. So if you want pics ill try to find one

its got to be one of the most annoying things how closely watched we who drive rhds are but the cheapest way to swap would be to get a lhd shell swap all your parts into it and sell your old shell with what ever parts you have left over.
That way you get the exact same ride with less of the hassle from the cops.
Thats just my opinion

Last edited:
un de mes chums a un celica gt-4 '96 pis il est converti a gauche, il a ramasse un gt-s 94 canadien, a ramasse le dash, steering rack, firewall etc tout ce qu il avait besoin, a tout defait les spot weld sur les 2 chars, couper ca a meme place, ressouder le tout, converti le filage et toute la patente pis ca marche pis ca parait pas. il serait pret a le refaire mais il chargerait je sais pas combien pour le faire

its got to be one of the most annoying things how closely watched we who drive rhds are but the cheapest way to swap would be to get a lhd shell swap all your parts into it and sell your old shell with what ever parts you have left over.
That way you get the exact same ride with less of the hassle from the cops.
Thats just my opinion

This would be my suggestion to!

Back