Si turbo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-spec

i have a 5th gen DX hatch,

So i was thinking about my engine, and how i need more power. I was thinking a b18b1 with race cams and spings, valves, retainers, sleves and a Hondata with balanced internals. I fiqure about 170hp (flywheel) with all that. BUT

What about a D16 (si engine) and a turbo set up, anyone have any idea what i could get with that. How much whould that cost, can i use my DX tranny with that? is there anyone that has some liturature on this or know a web site to read this stuff from.

What kind of torque can i get with that engine and a turbo, i'm shure i can get more then with a b18c5

Originally posted by T-spec
i have a 5th gen DX hatch,

So i was thinking about my engine, and how i need more power. I was thinking a b18b1 with race cams and spings, valves, retainers, sleves and a Hondata with balanced internals. I fiqure about 170hp (flywheel) with all that. BUT
]

i dont mean to diss but i hate when people say like cams intake exhaust thats like 20 hp ,it dont work like that dyno it cause evrything works togheter,1 thing effects the next in a good way and sometimes in a bad

and about ur question i would go for the b18b with b16a head add all the stuff u mentioned and then eventually turbocharge it! thats my opinion, by the way i think the D series has to be reinforced for force induction

Re: Re: Si turbo?

i dont mean to diss but i hate when people say like cams intake exhaust thats like 20 hp ,it dont work like that dyno it cause evrything works togheter,1 thing effects the next in a good way and sometimes in a bad [/B][/QUOTE]

FYI I have a SuperFlow.

D16 can handle boost very easy, you just need to be tuned right. I friend of mine has a 125 vtec engine with 12 psi of boost (Advance setup) and he's running 13.80 easy but you could also run those numbers with a nice B18B with a little work. I turbo kit will cost you about 5000$ once everything is said and done but I think building a B18B will be more expensive than that but will be NA power so it's your call. I would go turbo with a little d16.

You can get good power from the fuel sipping d16. However, that series of motor you must remember is Honda's economy series and that are not strong in the bottom end. The B series are considerably tougher and provide a better building base. I would personaly not run more than 10psi on the little block where I was easily running 12psi on my old B18B. In the end, you have simply maxed out you options with the D series once you go induction, just to keep up with a GS-R. Your choice. Encounter a beefed up SiR or GS-R and no contest, you lose. Lets not mention what a Type-R would do!

with a turbo charged d16 you will not even get closer to a type R

my friend just got his turbo on his 93 Si coupe with no mods to the engine to renforced it and he can't go more than 4 psi because his engine check light goes on and it kills the engine. he has to stop it and restart the engine. ****ing sucks.don't go with the turbo d16 go GSR all the way just like i will do someday........

can't wait.....

Originally posted by civichatch
with a turbo charged d16 you will not even get closer to a type R

my friend just got his turbo on his 93 Si coupe with no mods to the engine to renforced it and he can't go more than 4 psi because his engine check light goes on and it kills the engine. he has to stop it and restart the engine. ****ing sucks.don't go with the turbo d16 go GSR all the way just like i will do someday........

can't wait.....

thats sounds like your friend need tuning or somebody that know what he is doing to work on his car!!! there is tons of tubo D16 out there running with no problems!

IT's true that with the turboed D16, you will pretty much be maxed out already compared to a GSR swap but it will depend on the money the guy has but I agree with you RedCivicAgain.

civichatch, your friend has some problems with his car that's why he can't boost more than 4 psi because I ran 12 psi on a D16 and was running mid 13s on street tires. These blocks can take 12 psi easy but not much more than that. The B blocks will go out at the same psi but you will be making much more hp with 12 psi on a B block than with the D16 for sure.

It all depends on the money you have and what you want the car to run!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back