Tesla 3/Y major price drop

That's not true. 6kw is what is on the majority but some new chargers being installed can output 11kw
Crois tu que sa va etre toujours la norme dans 10-15 ans?

edit: C'est trop bas pour une maison 6.6kw, personne va installer de chargeur 30kw si les voitures accepte seulement 6.6kw. C'est comme ton telepone, tu peux le brancher avec un chargeur 100w, mais si il est limité a 18W, sa sert a rien. Oublie pas que le but dans le future est de grosseur la capacité des batteries.

Last edited:
That's not true. 6kw is what is on the majority but some new chargers being installed can output 11kw
En 2 cas dans grand région de Montréal je vois seulement une de 11kw dans plugshare et c'est un dealer. Je ne vois pas le but d'investir dans des chargeurs level 2 plus haut que 7kw quand l'importance c'est les chargeurs level 3 soit accessible presque partout. Même Costco commence a mettre des chargeurs level 3 a 25kw dans ces stationnements quand on sait ça prend en moyenne 1 heure remplir et vider son panier Costco tu viens de gagner 175 km en charge.
Screenshot_20240222-091003_PlugShare.jpg

ChargePoint is sorta up to the site owner to set rate and speed. I’ve seen and used CP6000s capped at 7.6kw each but they can handle 11KW for a total of 22kw AC. ChargePoint only sells equipment

Let’s be honest here. Toyota totally phoned it in overall. I don’t think a bad car but rather just uncompetitive in its segment and a head scratcher. The Solterra design elements actually look better
Toyota saw people complained on the bad charg in cold weather, for the 2024 Bz4X model they added a new valve heater to heat faster the battery in cold weather and it seems more better and faster then the 2023 model... i saw someone in the fb group post the speed charge and its way better than the 2023 AWD model. The charge was done in -15°C ambient and a 100kw chargerScreenshot_20240222-092102_Facebook.jpg

Toyota saw people complained on the bad charg in cold weather, for the 2024 Bz4X model they added a new valve heater to heat faster the battery in cold weather and it seems more better and faster then the 2023 model... i saw someone in the fb group post the speed charge and its way better than the 2023 AWD model. The charge was done in -15°C ambient and a 100kw chargerView attachment 58345
Charger speed doesn’t matter it’s what the BMS is requesting. The “charger” is just a big stupid box. You can plug a bolt in a 180kw and it will only pull 50kw. That BXz4 never even went over 70kw according to that graph. You are still approaching 1hour for a 10-80% charge. If that battery was preconditioned that’s abysmal

I don’t understand why you are still trying to defend the bxz4

I've never really pulled posted kw from a supercharger yet, except for one new spot in toronto
it's not like half-off but a good 20-30% under posted capacity in my experience

I've never really pulled posted kw from a supercharger yet, except for one new spot in toronto
it's not like half-off but a good 20-30% under posted capacity in my experience
V2 and V3 have a huge difference in charging as power isn’t split unless the site is really busy. Roll up to a V3 with a nice warm battery low SOc and you’ll pull 200-230kw almost immediately with a LR. SR LFP charging performance isn’t great in cold as preconditioning is run off the single motor vs both like on LR but will still get around the max 170kw

4680 cells Model Y is a bit different story

Le prix du F-150 Lightning vient encore de baisser au usa , hate de voir s'il va baisser ici aussi dans les prochains mois

Je sais pas si le programme roulez vert avec le rabais de 10 000$ qui fini le 31 mars 2024 va être renouvellé

It’s funded until 31 Mars 2026 or until funds run out. Much like the federal program. It’s a date or until funds go dry. But given the plan is for 2030 it’s almost a certainty it will be run until then regardless of who’s in power.

Circuits électrique ? Charge point? FLo?
Circuit électrique, i haven't used them yet but saw new install in Valcartier when I was looking into a trip.
En 2 cas dans grand région de Montréal je vois seulement une de 11kw dans plugshare et c'est un dealer. Je ne vois pas le but d'investir dans des chargeurs level 2 plus haut que 7kw quand l'importance c'est les chargeurs level 3 soit accessible presque partout. Même Costco commence a mettre des chargeurs level 3 a 25kw dans ces stationnements quand on sait ça prend en moyenne 1 heure remplir et vider son panier Costco tu viens de gagner 175 km en charge.
DC FC isn't always the answer. The setup costs are a lot higher, they don't always meet the needs of users (being parked somewhere for 3-4 hours but having to run out and move your car so you don't get charged idle fees isn't always ideal) and given majority of EV's can charge at 11kw limiting them to 6kw limits users. The overall costs to install a 48a charger aren't that much more than a 30a charger, but the benefits to customers are noticeable.

Crois tu que sa va etre toujours la norme dans 10-15 ans?

edit: C'est trop bas pour une maison 6.6kw, personne va installer de chargeur 30kw si les voitures accepte seulement 6.6kw. C'est comme ton telepone, tu peux le brancher avec un chargeur 100w, mais si il est limité a 18W, sa sert a rien. Oublie pas que le but dans le future est de grosseur la capacité des batteries.
Majority of ev's can accept 11kw at the moment which is pretty decent even for large packs given you're likely to be parked overnight. The overall goal (for smart companies at least) is to increase efficiencies so they don't need to install massive packs in order to get decent range

Circuit électrique, i haven't used them yet but saw new install in Valcartier when I was looking into a trip.

DC FC isn't always the answer. The setup costs are a lot higher, they don't always meet the needs of users (being parked somewhere for 3-4 hours but having to run out and move your car so you don't get charged idle fees isn't always ideal) and given majority of EV's can charge at 11kw limiting them to 6kw limits users. The overall costs to install a 48a charger aren't that much more than a 30a charger, but the benefits to customers are noticeable.

Majority of ev's can accept 11kw at the moment which is pretty decent even for large packs given you're likely to be parked overnight. The overall goal (for smart companies at least) is to increase efficiencies so they don't need to install massive packs in order to get decent range
I was just at the car show in Toronto and actually glad I got dragged out. Lots of EV stuff but industry reps from charging companies and OEMs. I learned a bunch of stuff and had some great convos.

Basically yes the goal is efficiency now by fiddling around with aero, motors etc.

Shoving massive battery packs into cars is getting a bit out of style unless you are GM. Speaking of GM the Blazer EV and Eqinox EVs look pretty good and had lots of interest. If they could deliver them en masse they’ll have a great chance. Ultium has a been a disaster launch in NA but in China it’s not.

As for charging it seemed to me mostly everything new is 11kw now. Including the lovely Fiat 500e. And you are correct the price cost for 30amp vs 60amp connection is a minimal difference and if space is available everyone is going 60amp from the start. Toronto is going big from the start for curbside L2 up to 19.2 kw AC at the post.

Something like a Freewire or X charge NZS DCFC that runs off a battery but in Freewire case only requires 240v we will be seeing more of going in as it’s cheaper to install.

Ad space is being sold on the screens while charging

J’ai seulement 200km de fait depuis jeudi mais j’adore ma model Y a date !

La recharge a la maison est vraiment rapide avec la borne tesla et setter a 48A ≈ 11,2kw
Mon trajet quotidien est genre de 100km +/- et en 1,5-2hrs je suis de retour a 80% de charge

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I enjoyed seeing the NA spec Fiat 500e. We are only getting the 42kwh version as expected. Will be around 30k rebates in QC. I can having something like this in the driveway.

11kW AC charging, up to 87kw DCFC. Decent range for it as well 250-270km real world combined

IMG_9115.jpeg

IMG_9114.jpegIMG_9116.jpeg

it's still a fucking wasing machine.
But it doesn’t have the battery from a battleship and weighs semi decent. The EVscape needs a bit of a rethink in that area.

Production R5 launched in Europe today

Last edited:
Back