The 2006-2007 Montreal Canadiens Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Habs plan to draft tavares, they must make a hell of a trade this year to get the 2009 first round pick, as it from know, trashers gave 1st rounders to get Tackchuk and they will probably hit the bottom this year or next years.

Weren't they changing the rules for the draft? Cause tavares is only 5 days short of the deadline which is like 15 of September or some shit like that I don't remember. Instead of the birthdays they'll looking at their birth years. Anyways I don't think anyone would trade their 1st overall everyone is going to want tavares so if the habs want him they'll have to tank the season.

Weren't they changing the rules for the draft? Cause tavares is only 5 days short of the deadline which is like 15 of September or some shit like that I don't remember. Instead of the birthdays they'll looking at their birth years. Anyways I don't think anyone would trade their 1st overall everyone is going to want tavares so if the habs want him they'll have to tank the season.

tanking the season does not guarantee 1st pick anymore, remember?
this year chicago drafted 1st, and they finished 13th in the west.
after that it was ok, both 15ths drafted, then both 14ths, but then it jumped to 12th in west.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back