This will put Mac users in their place

A certification that certify it as a unix-like that act like Unix do not make it Unix. The background process are still derivatives, not True Unix

and anyway, since when does arstechnica and the likes of wired are considered as technicals references ?

Wow serious, did you even read the first line of the article?

That certification implies it is unix rather than unix like.

Anyway I don't give a fuck. OS X plays mp3s outbid the box just like windows 98 did.

Or, you can fire up GCC and compile libmp3 to play mp3s in your favorite Linux distribution, what the fuck were they thinking?

Not fucking comparable.

Technical details are irrelevant, it's all about user experience. But unix03 puts os x in the same company as Irix AIX and Solaris, quite unlike Linux which breaks compatibility at the drop of a hat.

J'ai posté un exemple dans le thread. Tu m'excuseras de pas le citer à nouveau..Y'a plusieurs modèles avec un look/stand différent, anti glare ou pas avec une vitre ou pas etc :) moi j'ai un crossover 27Q

I've been a MAC hater for years until I started iOS dev and had no choice to use a macbook. I've never touched a PC since then. Can't switch back to PC. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad T41 and the trackpad sucks ass I don't even feel like using the machine. And the keyboard sucks ass too.

I'm not complaining coz I bought a macbook 2009 white for 400$

Go to any coffee shops and you will see 90% of the people uses macs. Lots of companies now uses macs.

Anyways, it's expensive, like 3x the price of a PC, but you can't complain when you have one.

I'm sure there's more unhappy laptop users than unhappy macbook users.

Rednecks still use PC's. Honestly, it's their loss for missing out the comfort of a mac. Use a goddamn mac for at least 1 week and then comment/argue. Most Mac users have already owned/used a PC and thus, can determine which one is better.

Rednecks still use PC's. Honestly, it's their loss for missing out the comfort of a mac. Use a goddamn mac for at least 1 week and then comment/argue. Most Mac users have already owned/used a PC and thus, can determine which one is better.

The irony is most of us mac users were the biggest Mac haters back in the day.

Right now there's no way I would ever use anything else. Fuck, I used to take apart and fix PCs for a living. I had a sideline of speccing out and building PCs for people. Now I won't even touch the stuff.

I have three PCs left. A gaming machine because I hate Xbox, a raid five server, and an ancient Pentium 200 running NT4 that I use as a router when my wireless router inevitably dies.

However I don't think I'll need the 200 anymore though because I've been running an AirPort Extreme for two years and it's been flawless. I have never rebooted it. Just plugged it in, set it up and left it there. Probably has an inch of dust caked on by now.

PC users really just don't know what they're missing

le problème c'est que j'aime encore ça gosser dans la boîte et dans le système d'exploitation :/ j'dois pas être rendu là lol

à la limite j'pourrais checker un hackintosh, ça serait mon compromis lol

ma dernière utilisation d'un mac remonte aux ehm.. c'tait les premiers imacs? les écrans cathodique avec le derrière de l'écran en couleur lol

sinon Iphone j'suis juste pas capable, l'interface me tappe sur les nerfs lol j'ai juste envie de pitcher le 4 à ma mère quand je l'aide avec des trucs.. une chose par contre, jailbreaker un iphone c'est fucking facile et pas stressant vs rooter un android lol

I actually tried them for a bit, and i really didn't like the UI.
And while i understand the logic behind it, ill say the same thing as linus torvald said of gnome :
You shouldn't have to sacrifice usability for simplicity.

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk

Le plus drole est qu'une image ultra clair et surbrillante n'est souvent pas la bonne image... Passe un bluray de calibration sur ton écran d'ordinateur et c'est clair que tu es dans le champ.

Mais pour la pluspart du monde, plus c'est éblouissant, mieux c'est!

These arguments make me laugh. Im sure 90% will enjoy browsing facebook on a Mac more then a PC :rolleyes: You guys make it seem like everyone is a developer or a musician when the truth is that most people want a computer to browse simple sites and youtube from time to time. IMO its just as bad as people bragging about horsepower on a car that never sees the track. OK you bought a 3500$ laptop, Im happy for you . I bought mine at 500$ and plug it to my 52 inch HDTV. I couldnt be happier.

Le plus drole est qu'une image ultra clair et surbrillante n'est souvent pas la bonne image... Passe un bluray de calibration sur ton écran d'ordinateur et c'est clair que tu es dans le champ.

Mais pour la pluspart du monde, plus c'est éblouissant, mieux c'est!

en fait pour calibrer un ecran t'as pas besoin de blueray... t'as besoin d'une sonde et en général les écrans de Mac ont beaucoup trop de teintes bleu et etteignes environ 95% de la couverture Adode RGB. Avec une calibration, tu peux allez chercher 96, 97% et les couleurs sont beaucoup plus naturelles.

Dans n'importe quel cas, tout écran/télévision a besoin d'etre calibré.

I'm just amazed how many Mac users have their head up their ass sometimes to the point where I'm not sure if they're trolling.

Apple does an amazing job at selling the culture and their brand, so I'm not surprised when I see people trying to convince other people to this extent. We have different needs and at the end of the day, the OS is simply an extension of the tool that helps you get what you need to get done. I've tried both and I like them both. Although, in my day to day I need a flexible, cost effecient and powerful machine. Apples offers having a powerful machine for only a limited amount of time and after that it becomes obsolete for my needs.

Although one thing is for sure, Apple brought and are still bringing tons of innovation to the industry.

ASUS laptop for 5 years... 0 issues. Just buy the right shit and treat it properly... Any Mac can go wrong just as bad as an equivalent Windows computer. You seem to forget that you are buying the SAME hardware for twice the price with a different OS... I could have formatted my computer on day 1 and installed MAC on it. That would definitely enable me for all the bragging rights like "my computer never freezes" lol...

On a serious note, what's good about Linux/Ubuntu?

What are you a retard? In what way is a piece of shit TN panel comparable to a high-end IPS.

Yes you pay more for apple stuff but you get top quality parts and design.

Nearest monitor is the 27in ultrasharp at 1000 dollars, and it's a plastic-encased piece of shit with a plastic screen toplayer

People arguing PCs are better values than Mac are like people arguing that Kia is a better value than BMW

Products on a totally different plane of existence.

Yes they both o the same things but one is a premium product

If you wanna keep buying Kias, go for it but don't shit on people who can both afford and choose to go BMW.

By your logic we should all be wearing Timex, no name underwear, smoke Indian cigs, drink labatt bleue, drive Kia rios and live in trailer parks

Hey they're cheaper and just as functional right?

Ok fanboy, calm down, I'll keep driving my Audi and using my PC with windows and Asus parts lol.

Back