Thread de voyages

Welcome to stupid elite ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep has to be a little crazy to be SE. And I'm a small fish compared to people on FlyerTalk with like 300k miles.

And now...
My flight is cancelled.

It's a shit show to get hotel. No rep anywhere and people are mad AF

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
According to my friend since Air Canada bought Air Transat and westjet is not more, it's only those 2 + sunwing that are operating so that's why the prices are ridiculously expensive.
Last spring I went to Playa del Carmen for $1250 at a 4.5 star resort. This coming spring the same place is $1875..and this is a boxing day special.... the faack?

Anybody got suggestions for DR? (Punta Cana), good/bad resorts?

According to my friend since Air Canada bought Air Transat and westjet is not more, it's only those 2 + sunwing that are operating so that's why the prices are ridiculously expensive.
Last spring I went to Playa del Carmen for $1250 at a 4.5 star resort. This coming spring the same place is $1875..and this is a boxing day special.... the faack?

I liked the Riu Bavaro Palace last year.

Yep has to be a little crazy to be SE. And I'm a small fish compared to people on FlyerTalk with like 300k miles.

And now...
My flight is cancelled.

It's a shit show to get hotel. No rep anywhere and people are mad AF

Call AC concierge services you are altitude 100k. It's a direct line next time it happens

C'est quoi ça fait tes cartes élites ? tu skip un line up ? t'a un accès a bar ? ta 2 consommations d'alcool gratis ?

It's all business money anyway... trickelling down into operating cost and ultimaly into cost of products/services.

It's all nice until a competitor with lower overhead costs gets around.

Your friend is wrong. AC has nothing to do with Transat yet. The sale hasn't been approved be the feds yet nor has the deal closed.

I liked the Riu Bavaro Palace last year.
$1905..gaaaah. I gotta pay for the wife too... Almost $4000 to go south..the heck lol.

Your friend is wrong. AC has nothing to do with Transat yet. The sale hasn't been approved be the feds yet nor has the deal closed.

I have no idea but when I compare from last time the prices did go up significantly (oil price did go up as well)

Tickets to Vietnam booked

$800 for all 5 plus 450k Aeroplan miles.

Pas encore certain que je pourrai faire le voyage mais au moins j'ai réservé des places.

Quick question,

il n'y a pas de limite de poid pour le bagage de cabine avec Air canada ?

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/fr/aco/home/plan/baggage/carry-on.html

Ca dit juste qui faut être capable de le lever dans le compartiment de rangement sans aide.

Ça dépend des aéroports dans mon expérience ça

Quand je voyage avec mon gear de ski, je met jamais mes bottes en soute. Toujours en cabine. Des fois ça passe dans le beurre, des fois je dois m’obstiner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quick question,

il n'y a pas de limite de poid pour le bagage de cabine avec Air canada ?

https://www.aircanada.com/ca/fr/aco/home/plan/baggage/carry-on.html

Ca dit juste qui faut être capable de le lever dans le compartiment de rangement sans aide.
Correct. 25lbs is about the limit industry wide.but AC has no cabin limit. Only size

But don't be the jerk that takes up an entire bin. Chances are they will ask people to gate check heavy or awkward sized bags.

What could change is if you have a connecting flight on another carrier so let's say you are connecting on LH the bag can't exceed 18lbs for example.

We have done all our travels carry on.

Huh apparently iv been living under a rock coz I never knew we had a travel thread.

Good to know AC doesn't have a weight limit for carry on. I might try them next time I go down south. But then again I had a good experience with Sunwing.

Huh apparently iv been living under a rock coz I never knew we had a travel thread.

Good to know AC doesn't have a weight limit for carry on. I might try them next time I go down south. But then again I had a good experience with Sunwing.
Carry on size in Canada/USA is loosely enforced... EU depends where France is bad with it and AF carry on weight. My bad was 2lbs over and security was making it sound like it's the end of the world. I took my hoodie out and wore it. Problem solved

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Carry on size in Canada/USA is loosely enforced... EU depends where France is bad with it and AF carry on weight. My bad was 2lbs over and security was making it sound like it's the end of the world. I took my hoodie out and wore it. Problem solved

Ah kk gotcha. Yea I know they are super anal about it in the EU. They gave me shit when I was coming back from Malta last year.

Your carry on will almost never get weighed unless you're travelling in europe with a bag that's obviously oversized or your flying a discount airline in asia, where they will absolutely ding you with fees.

Your carry on will almost never get weighed unless you're travelling in europe with a bag that's obviously oversized or your flying a discount airline in asia, where they will absolutely ding you with fees.
Pretty much. I've seen only a few times where FAs here grabbed a bag and called gate check on it. I always laugh at people who try so hard to make it fit or dead lift the bag

Thanks. J'ai pas pris un tas de vol dans ma vie, je sais que mon dernier cet été, on a pris un bagage de soute, mais c'est des frais en plus et dans mon cas, un stress de plus. Une fois arrivé dans l'aire sécurisé, je me trouvais cave d'avoir pris un bagage de soute car plein de monde avait quand même des grosses valises, c'est sur que mes prochains je vais y aller en carry on.

Where you going and what fare class did you book? Economy Basic boards zone last. So gate check is likely

Back