Ticketed for using carpool lane with her daughter.

CRNKY

"Stephanie Emond says Montreal police gave her a ticket for using the carpool lane with her nine-year-old daughter who doesn't have a driver's licence."

J'ai lu ça hier.

Selon le CAA aucune loi dit que les passagers doivent avoir leur permis.

Quel estie de policier zélé

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

yeah you can't do that. Plenty og adults don't have their driver's license. You're gonna really make that a law now? Of cours not.

Cop talking out of their ass because they didn't want to admit they were wrong...

yeah you can't do that. Plenty og adults don't have their driver's license. You're gonna really make that a law now? Of cours not.

Cop talking out of their ass because they didn't want to admit they were wrong...

The sad part is this is what happens when you put quotas out. The police start making up their own laws..

But it should be that way. The purpose/intent of the carpool lane is to remove cars from the road. Her having her kid with her does not do that.

J'ai lu ça hier.

Quel estie de policier zélé

Promène toi en moto ( Harley ou SS ) ou char TRES légèrement modifié, tsé a peine de modifs, dans le centre -ville de Mtl ou a l'Assomption, Mascouche , Granby et les environs et tu va voir que des policiers zélé y'en a beaucoup !

The sad part is this is what happens when you put quotas out. The police start making up their own laws..

This ,

mais il on en principe, je dis bien en principe l'intelligence et dicernement pour savoir si c'est tres exagéré ou non.

si c'est indiqué 2+, dans mon livre a moi, ca peu etre n'importe quel passager, tant qui est assis et attacher. bien entendu, faut etre brillant dans tout ca aussi, si la voie réguliere est déserte, prend celle-ci et prend la voie avantageuse quand c'est jam pack dans la voie réguliere. de la l'avantage d'etre 2+.

But it should be that way. The purpose/intent of the carpool lane is to remove cars from the road. Her having her kid with her does not do that.

Unfortunately for the cops thats not how the law is written... if you are two occupants in the car, you can be in the carpool lane.

Are they gonna start stopping everyone to ask if the 2nd occupant actually has a driver’s license?

Regardless, thats not what is on the books. The cops are there to uphold current laws, not make up their own.

Nul n'est sensé ignorer la loi.

En passant le policier ne peut pas exiger à un passager de s'identifier.

Faque...

Si tu pense un peu, tu verras que même si le kid a pas de char, ca évite , par exemple, que la mère sorte pour aller cherche le kid à la garderie quand le père passe déjà par la avec son auto, donc oui 1 voiture de moins.

Perso, quand j'ai mon kid, je prend la voie 2 passagés.

I drive in the bus/taxi/2 lane on Lacordaire with my girl all the time, so many people are clueless how to read signs in general and rage while I'm driving by them in an empty lane.

I drive in the bus/taxi/2 lane on Lacordaire with my girl all the time, so many people are clueless how to read signs in general and rage while I'm driving by them in an empty lane.

I used to commute Montreal to saint sauveur everyday after school/work and would drive my little brother and sister back home with me from their school.

Bless the HOV lane between Montreal and Laval.

But yes lots of people are dumb and have 2+ in the car and are raging away in standstill lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favourite is the HOV lane on the 20 in Lachine where you need to be 3, always get giddy if there's 3 in the car and we get to use it lol

Définitivement une erreur de la police si C'EST VRAIMENT ÇA QUI EST ARRIVÉ.

Les médias prennent sa version pour du cash, pis nous avec... Cela dit, si c'est vrai, je comprends sa logique a la policière mais c'est quand même de l'incompétence.

Back