What are you using to haul your car?

Falcon-Z

I know.. I know... must of us must drive his/her car to the track but some are still using a truck to haul their during track days and events from home. So I want to know what are you using and what really matters about it... like gas, drivibilty or free room for stuff per exemple.

Meanwhile I have a question... to be make it simple I have some tools, spare tires, a car and a trailer but nothing to really complete the already so expensive combo. What should I get? Cheap but decent looking truck.

2007 Silverado.. I bought it before my son was born and now I'm regretting it for EXTREME lack of space inside. I move scrap cars which requires a lot of tools and I can't give up space in the box for a tool chest..

Its up for sale if you're interested :) looking around the 15k negotiable mark.

1998 GMC sierra 4X4 extended cab V8 Vortec 5 speed posi yes its a work truck . heres a PIC with trailor.

DSC00183.jpg

Last edited:
Be careful of the trailer you purchase. SAAQ has mandated that all dual axle rated over 3500lbs now require a YEARLY inspection.(I might be wrong on the rating).I have a 24 foot enclosed
Haulmark Racing trailer and will require a yearly inspection.2004 F150 extended cab w/5.4l engine I have no problems and can bring crew at the same time.I installed upgraded suspension w/
torsion bar setup.

Be careful of the trailer you purchase. SAAQ has mandated that all dual axle rated over 3500lbs now require a YEARLY inspection.(I might be wrong on the rating).I have a 24 foot enclosed
Haulmark Racing trailer and will require a yearly inspection.2004 F150 extended cab w/5.4l engine I have no problems and can bring crew at the same time.I installed upgraded suspension w/
torsion bar setup.

There are exemptions to that law. My father has 2 trailers (one 22ft enclosed 2x3500lbs axles and one open 22ft 2x3500lbs) one is a 2010 and the other a 2007. He got a letter from the SAAQ saying he had to go to inspection which he did. All they checked was the weight rating of the tires and tags on the trailer. The law really only applies to commercial trailers and not personal or at least how it's written. The new changes to bill 430 came into effect Jan 1st and most inspection centers are still confused.

Rumor has it they will start charging yearly for plates (no more lifetime) Solution is plating in Ontario.

Hopefully Marc doesn't have rear subframe problems on his X5. They are notorious for tearing out subframe mounts if you tow anything larger then a Kayak

torsion bar setup.
Le règlement de la SAAQ est que tout véhicule ou remorque ayant une charge maximale de 4500kg et plus doit passer une inspection annuelle a compter de janvier 2012. Anciennement il vérifiait le poids a vide si il était de 3000kg et plus. Maintenant c'est le poid maximum. Je le sais car jai reçu le document du CTQ car j'ai des véhicule lourd de plaque.

I haven't received any letter yet for my trailer...

If the trailer is in a personal name then you shouldn't. Right now they seem to the focusing on commercial stuff. The worst they might get you on is having to report to re class the trailer based on what the tire weight ratings are.

you know what (money grabbing aside) I honestly see no problem with annual or semi-annual inspections of commercial trailers....there are a lot of unsafe trailers out there and eliminating the culprits is not such a bad idea ........

as for the yearly renewal of plates that's ridiculous for something that's not self propelled ...and again with the exception of contractors, nobody uses their trailers enough in a year to warrant paying a yearly fee for this limited use
( I have two trailers and don't think either of them see more than a weeks worth of road use per year)

Back