Whos running NOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by nitrous03

I know a lot of guys usin' spray, from what they've told me, a/f won't work half the time, always indicatin' rich, also, if you go lean on NOS well the gauge is only tellin' you it's too late. So from what I've heard nitrous pressure is important, cauz you have to know what's the pressure of your bottle, exhaust temp could be good, since some totally melted their catz pushin' it too hard. :p

If the air-fuel gauge is installed correctly, it isn`t a "f**k it`s too late" meter. This is particularly true if your NOS is installed with the "wide open throttle" switch to activate the system... you run lean, lay off the gas, NOS stops spraying, you saved your engine. That`s why I would suggest a wet kit, it sprays fuel and nitrous, less chance of getting too lean. But, if you really want to spray (and probably make your engine explode), you could always go direct-port :bigup:

The Nitrous pressure gauge just lets you know the psi of the NOS leaving the bottle or entering the intake (depending where you wire it). It`s good to have (I had one), but you could theoretically live without.

Originally posted by futurayellow
Shane54

how much will a NOS 50-75 shot dry kit cost?
We don't sell NOS here at RMR but when I had my NOS dry kit it was around $800(this was about 3-4 years ago)

lets back up for clarity and to make sure i know what is what

what is a dry kit
what is a wet kit
what is direct port?

i think i know what they all are but i just wanna make sure im on the boat

I see nos as cheating...

I don't think a golf cl with a 1.8, 8 with no mods should pass a VR or 1.8T!
there's no pride in being faster because of nos..

nos.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back