Why so much rev-hang?

My Type R has it - but its I don't really notice it unless I am looking for it.

I think it's sort of a "fact of life" now on OEM tunes.

I think the low take rate for manuals and fear of getting raked over the coals by the emission regulators has had quite a few manufacturers err on the side of caution. To the point where some they're clearly going overbore on some models.

Honda wouldn't dare get the tuning wrong for a flagship product like the Type R. It took 5 years for Subaru to fix the gongshow rev hang on the WRX for some reason.

After clutch delay valves and rev hangs, I wonder what enjoyable new features they have in store for whatever manual cars are left. Maybe they'll bring back GM's skip-shift feature?

I think it's sort of a "fact of life" now on OEM tunes.

Honda wouldn't dare get the tuning wrong for a flagship product like the Type R.

After clutch delay valves and rev hangs, I wonder what enjoyable new features they have in store for whatever manual cars are left. Maybe they'll bring back GM's skip-shift feature?

The 2020 Type R's finally added Honda Sensing in North America - and honestly I love it. This thing is phenomenal daily driver. Lane keep Assist + adaptive cruise make long highway commutes a breeze. Plus, it doesn't break cruise control when I down/up shift.
Rev-Matching is pretty handy too.

My 2018 340xi (B58) had super long annoying rev hang, but once flash tuned it was perfect. My m4 (S55) does not have any noticeable rev hang, I was afraid it would be like on the 340 when I got it but its more like what I had on my s2000.

Back