Would you pay $2 for a weekly meet in a private location?

Would you pay $2 for a weekly meet in a private location?

• yes

Votes: 159 82.0%
  • no

Votes: 35 18.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
I would just like to get some input here. If there were a weekly gathering (replacing the Julep / Lafleurs meets) in a large private parking area central to everyone where Police have agreed not be stopping people for inspection in the area would you pay $2 to attend each time?

Whats $2 for a safe secure official meeting area that could grow very large over the summer especially if there is police cooperation. The price would be $2 per head or similar. It an idea that I'm floating around. For the sake of this thread forgo the debate about how likely it is for such a thing to happen and just tell us if you'd go or not.

Oui c'est ca. $2 par personne par semaine pour l'entrée qui peut courvrir des frais de location, assurance pour evenements, toilettes, securité etc, les affaires qui sont mandatoire par la loi s'il sagit d'une événement organisé.

I dont understant what the 2$ is going to change for the police? We've met for free at lafleurs for years.. How would 2$ change the attitude of the police?

There will still be people taking off down sources, and probably a race close by organized in the meet area, meaning it wont take long for a local complaint then next comes the cops.

To answer your question, yes i would pay 2$ to be part of a popular meet.

I dont understant what the 2$ is going to change for the police? We've met for free at lafleurs for years.. How would 2$ change the attitude of the police?

There will still be people taking off down sources, and probably a race close by organized in the meet area, meaning it wont take long for a local complaint then next comes the cops.

i don't think Danny is talking about street racing. That is simply illegal regardless and frowned upon.

But lets say there's a meet. Imagine how gay it would be if a cop shows up and gives everyone exhaust and tint tickets. No street racing, nothing malicious, no mischief, just some arbitrary law.

i guess the $2 goes towards having a secure area that will prevent random cops from showing up. and yeah, all it will take is a complaint to bring in the police... but people would only complain about street racing. The typical person doesnt care how big your exhaust, how long your car is, or how tinted your windows are. They're not going to call cops because of that.

The $2 is to get a private place that is not a restaurant parking lot. As for the police...it will be up to me to figure out an arrangement to encourage them to participate in an educational manner as opposed to an enforcement manner. I beleive that it is possible and it all depends on the particular station commander.

To answer your question, yes i would pay 2$ to be part of a popular meet.

he's not talking about lafluers, he is talking about finding a new spot away from there. but at the same time there really isn't much that can be done to stop people from racing and it will be only a matter of time till the cops get involved again, maybe the hopes are to prevent the burn outs and stupid driving in the lot like lafluers had and everyone blamed for bringing the cops.

it's a good idea but it still has it's flaws, only time will tell if it happens and if it works out for everyone that the cops don't bust it.

he's not talking about lafluers, he is talking about finding a new spot away from there. but at the same time there really isn't much that can be done to stop people from racing and it will be only a matter of time till the cops get involved again, maybe the hopes are to prevent the burn outs and stupid driving in the lot like lafluers had and everyone blamed for bringing the cops.

it's a good idea but it still has it's flaws, only time will tell if it happens and if it works out for everyone that the cops don't bust it.

that is the case, we have a muscle meet in the WI and the cops never ever show up simply coz the people keep it civilized

and yes for the $2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back