The 2006-2007 Montreal Canadiens Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
gonna try to make time to watch tonights game.

BTW, anyone know if/when Higgins is suppose to return?

ribs seems to be doing ok, other than that, bulis sucks worse than here (i expected him to do better), zednick is chopping away at whatevers left, and theo, well.. he's theo.. high pay, low save percentage, and weird injuries.

Souray played a horrible game. So did Bouillon

Did you guys see him on the first Devils goal? he was completely backwards

He always plays bad against the Devils. Last game he was taking wrist shots on his best friend Martin Brodeur. It's as if he is doing it on purpose. He should be traded along with Ryder.

He always plays bad against the Devils. Last game he was taking wrist shots on his best friend Martin Brodeur. It's as if he is doing it on purpose. He should be traded along with Ryder.

i dont know how ppl thik souray shoul dbe traded? Hoe many games has he saved for us htis year? not to mention his 10 goals? Plus he is a big boy and we could use at least on Big boy...

anyways as i said earlier.. He wants to be clos with his family... He WILL be traded by the end of next year its 90 percent unless the Canadiens give him a rediculious pay increase he is gone im sure of it..

i dont know how ppl thik souray shoul dbe traded? Hoe many games has he saved for us htis year? not to mention his 10 goals? Plus he is a big boy and we could use at least on Big boy...

anyways as i said earlier.. He wants to be clos with his family... He WILL be traded by the end of next year its 90 percent unless the Canadiens give him a rediculious pay increase he is gone im sure of it..

i agree, I think Souray is a definate asset to our team. He has always been a more offensive defenseman than defensive.

But, as much as he wants to be traded, I know Souray loves it here. He is definately part of the team, and I'm sure you know Carboneau treats him well and Souray knows it.

which reminds me,

nobody has really showed appreciation to Guy Carboneau! What a great guy, respect from the team, respect from the crowd, respect from the opponents. He seems like the type of guy that works with the team and is always open to ideas.

markov will be in the 4 million range (now 2 million). definitely worth it.
souray will want about 4.5 million (now 2.4)
rivet makes 2.4 and i don't think he'll get much of a raise, so he'll probably stay
niinimaa makes 2.5 and i doubt we'll see him here at the end of the year. rumors about him packaged with aebischer are getting stronger and stronger.

2 will stay, 2 will go.

so what chances are for us to win against the Islanders? I think we have no choice otherwise carbo is gonna kill one player

well, we won. That's good. The game felt dead, the crowd was SOO quiet! And that's the second time in 3 games that the opposition has scored on us when they should have had a penalty!

Have you noticed that the arena was empty ? even yesterday seats were empty !

Yea, all 3 NY teams have attendance issues, but the Rangers are doing the best of the 3 in that department. Sad... ungrateful fans!

They should move the Devils and Islanders to Canada :p

markov will be in the 4 million range (now 2 million). definitely worth it.
souray will want about 4.5 million (now 2.4)
rivet makes 2.4 and i don't think he'll get much of a raise, so he'll probably stay
niinimaa makes 2.5 and i doubt we'll see him here at the end of the year. rumors about him packaged with aebischer are getting stronger and stronger.

2 will stay, 2 will go.

Markov will sign.
Rivet will sign.
Souray will sign as well.

Niinimaa will be traded with Aebischer for a second line centre to a contending team in need of a veteran goaltender and veteran defenseman for the start of the playoffs.

There is no reason why Markov, Rivet and Souray shouldn't be signed. Not only will they free up some room under the salary cap by getting rid of Niinimaa, but the cap is also increasing by a few million dollars next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back