June 6, 1944

I'm a big WW2 nut and a lot of soldiers volunteered for a simple sense of adventure. Those were real men during that war and it still boggles my mind what must have been running through their heads capturing that beach.

I'll always argue that the only reason Germany lost the war was Hitler's ego thinking nothing could stop his conquest (going into Russia) and Japan's attack on Pearl Harbour which then later forced USA to declare war on the Axis.

A lot of people also forget that Africa played a huge part in WW2.

dar-it-all-48.jpg

I'm a big WW2 nut and a lot of soldiers volunteered for a simple sense of adventure. Those were real men during that war and it still boggles my mind what must have been running through their heads capturing that beach.

I'll always argue that the only reason Germany lost the war was Hitler's ego thinking nothing could stop his conquest (going into Russia) and Japan's attack on Pearl Harbour which then later forced USA to declare war on the Axis.

A lot of people also forget that Africa played a huge part in WW2.

USA already wanted to go to war to make huge money, they just needed a reason. USA kept pushing Japan until they had no other choice but to go to war against America.

I agree, if USA doesn't join, Germany conquers russia.

USA already wanted to go to war to make huge money, they just needed a reason. USA kept pushing Japan until they had no other choice but to go to war against America.

Sorry I call BS. They always wanted to stay out of it and if Japan hadn't attacked, they would never have joined.

Sorry I call BS. They always wanted to stay out of it and if Japan hadn't attacked, they would never have joined.

X2 on the bs... There were a ton of political groups saying how there is no reason why USA should join the war and were slamming the president for even considering it. After Pearl Harbour they were pretty much forced into war and then their economy took off.

One cannot take away from the bravery of the soldiers that fought their leaders wars.

this may upset some people - they new the japs were going to strike pear harbor.

1945 Life Magazine: Franklin Roosevelt (FDR) Knew Japan Would Attack Pearl Harbor

-
-
-

And wallstreet-bankers funded all sides of the war (every war)!

Soviet Russia, Nazi Germany: The Best Enemies Money Can Buy 1of5 -- Prof. Antony C. Sutton

I wear this T-shirt every Friday and am hugely grateful to all that have risked or given their life to defend freedom.

freedomthaankcanada-thumbnail.gif

Lest we forget.

Wtf. German didn't fail in Russia because USA joined.

Error, this device is too sexy to be identified.!#=/+?+

Wtf. German didn't fail in Russia because USA joined.

Error, this device is too sexy to be identified.!#=/+?+

They did. With USA joining, they had to keep a very large chunk of their army in France in case USA tried to invade. If USA hadn't joined, there was no reason to be scared of the UK alone so they could have sent almost their entire forces in Russia. I'm pretty sure it would have made the difference since Germany came so freakin close to winning Russia..

They did. With USA joining, they had to keep a very large chunk of their army in France in case USA tried to invade. If USA hadn't joined, there was no reason to be scared of the UK alone so they could have sent almost their entire forces in Russia. I'm pretty sure it would have made the difference since Germany came so freakin close to winning Russia..

German lost a whole army in Stalingrad in Febuary 1943 due to Russia being way too huge and the weather played a big factor in it. If he wasn't so greedy and decided to keep his army in the west, history would have been different surely.

Je suis allé visité la Normandie en 2010 avec un ami.

Voici quelques photos. :D

Cimetière Militaire Canadian:
DSC01639-1.jpg

DSC01735-1.jpg

Cimetière Militaire Américain à Omaha Beach
IMG_0631.jpg

Omaha Beach
DSC01836.jpg

DSC01851copy-1.jpg

DSC01841.jpg

Les bunkers... regarder les cratères des bombardements alliers...
DSC01890-2.jpg

DSC01869.jpg

DSC01872-2.jpg

DSC01885-1.jpg

Thought I am against most "Wars", I really do believe, innocently, that this one was the last TRUE war fought against Tyranie. Hitler, Mussolini and Itto wanted to split the planet three way and there is no way that they would of backed down had it not been for MANY brave soldiers who put their lives on the line to let us enjoy this freedom. No matter your stance on war, it is important to recognize those who fell on this decissive day of June 6th 1944 and the great deal that it is to honour those who also made it back (though some never came back mentally) after D-Day.

J'avais écris ça ce matin sur mon FB:
N'oubliez JAMAIS ceux qui ont donnés leurs vies en ce jour, 6 juin 1944: jour où a débuté le débarquement allié en Normandie lors de la Seconde Guerre mondiale.

Prenez un moment de remercier ces braves soldats et volontaires qui se sont donnés afin de protéger NOS intérêts afin que nous ayons cette vie comfortable et sereine.

N'oubliez jamais, que les problèmes sociaux que nous vivons aujourd'hui sont infîmes par rapport à ce que nos ancêtres ont du vivre, pensez-y 2 fois la prochaine fois que votre téléphone intelligent gèle un peu ou que vous manquez de réseau et que vous vous dîtes que c'est le pire moment de votre journée...

Prenez une minute de refléction, prenez une seconde pour aimez ce status ou de simplement le partager.

Google n'a rien fait pour se commémorer le Jour-J, donc ce petit mot est ma contribution. ''Merci''. Je ne crois pas qu'à cette époque j'aurais eu le courage de me battre ainsi.

Canada France England, United Kingdom Belgium Poland Norway Netherlands Czech Republic

avec cette photo, qui est ma photo de cover également.
debarquement-plage-normandie-gi-us-6-juin-1944.jpg

Back