Pit bull put to death after N.D.G. attack

PhantomS4

The pit bull that attacked a woman in NDG last week was euthanized on Monday. Amanda Gatti was bitten on the knee, shoulder and armpit on July 19 when she tried to shield her Jack Russell terrier, Puppy, from the pit bull. It had escaped from its yard and ran up the stairs to Gatti's apartment, chasing her dog.

Wow such a sad story... I still think the pit should have been taken away from the owner and NOT killed because it was unstable. Obviously this Amanda Gatti has no clue about dogs and probably even provoked the attack...

:(

^ agree completely, dogs do not have souls. if they get out of line you put them down, it's happened for thousands of years nothing new here.

Blablabla... un autre qui pense encore que les chiens n'ont rien de méchant. Vous me faite tellement rire c'est incroyable... Ya des mauvais maitre autant qu'il ya des mauvais chiens. Ya des mauvaises personnes autant qu'il ya de mauvais parents... C'est le fun généraliser d'un bord mais faut aussi penser qu'il ya l'autre coté aussi. Si demain matin j'attaque ma voisine... ça ne sera pas necessairement la faute de mes parents... Les meurtiers sont pas toute du monde qui sont violent... Bref de dire que la madame a aucune idée c'est vraiment signe que biaiser parce que TOI tu ne sais rien de l'histoire et tu insinues quelle l'a cherché...

Les chiens c'est sournois et imprévisibles et et un pittbull c'est pas un toutou pour n'importe qui... si demain jme fais attaqué par un chien... il est mort ou son maitre l'es c'est aussi simple que ça.

i know a girl whos dog was attacked by a pitbull at the dog park in NDG randomly.
Ripped the dogs ear off and the owner just fled with his pitbull

Still doesn't make it right to kill a dog that was trained to act that way by humans.

There are plenty of humans too btw...

dogs were domesticated and bred from wolves by humans to serve us.

if a human sucks at training a dog and it bites someone else then they have to face legal consequences that their property damaged a human/other property.

nothing new here

Still doesn't make it right to kill a dog that was trained to act that way by humans.

There are plenty of humans too btw...

Ok si je te comprends bien.. ya pas de limite? Donc si c'est la faut du maitre le chien n'a rien à se reprocher ? Si un chien m'attaque parce que le maitre lui a demander... OK le maitre est aussi fautif que le chien mais ca reste que c'est pas normal... les chiens agressifs ne devraient même pas être permis et ceux qui se promenent avec leur 2-3 gros criss de chiens qui ont l'air de vouloir manger tout le monde... ca devrait meme pas avoir lieu non plus.

Le problème c'est que des imbéciles continuent de croire que les chiens sont intelligents et ont du jugement. Les pitbulls vont toujours être agressifs, j'hésiterais pas une seule seconde à exterminer cette race et leurs propriétaires.

Ok si je te comprends bien.. ya pas de limite? Donc si c'est la faut du maitre le chien n'a rien à se reprocher ? Si un chien m'attaque parce que le maitre lui a demander... OK le maitre est aussi fautif que le chien mais ca reste que c'est pas normal... les chiens agressifs ne devraient même pas être permis et ceux qui se promenent avec leur 2-3 gros criss de chiens qui ont l'air de vouloir manger tout le monde... ca devrait meme pas avoir lieu non plus.

no no all i'm saying is that people get dogs without thinking about the responsibility involved... Lots of people don't understand how much work it is to train a puppy (large or small) into a great family dog. Big dogs need proper exercise, discipline and affection in the right amounts and some owners either don't have the time or knowledge. Little dogs can also be very aggressive i have noticed but people think thats ok cuz they are cute and they are treated like little bebe.. *blah*

Si un chien a mordu, peu importe la race, tu le tues c'est pas plus compliqué que ça.

Quand j'étais petit j'avais un chien, vraiment pas méchant...mais c'était bien entendu avec mon père. Si le chien se montrait aggressif une seule fois il était mort. Je me souviens une fois le chien m'avais grafigné la face par accident....j'avais tellllllement peur que mon père le tue !!!

Le problème c'est que des imbéciles continuent de croire que les chiens sont intelligents et ont du jugement. Les pitbulls vont toujours être agressifs, j'hésiterais pas une seule seconde à exterminer cette race et leurs propriétaires.

ya sure if there is a problem with one then it must be the whole race... wow

People blaim pitbulls that they are soo agressif and crazy . It depends how it raised, look i have a mini pincher danmm that dog is soo agressif towards ppl bcuz i dint bring her out alot when she was small and i also have a pitbull 11 months 80 Lbs and he sooo sweet . he wouldnt hurt any1 . unless he fears dangers

pitbulls are very much like black people
theyre all bad

ROFL. you should really inform yourself. http://www.pitbulls.org/ the only reason there are bad American Pit Bull Terriers is because of morons who don't know how to train a dog properly or because of people that want their dog to look tough and in doing so make themselves look tough. APBT's do have a tough look because they are short haired and very muscular. An APBT that is aggressive towards humans is completely against the breed's standard.

I agree somewhat with you iron_cannibal but because a lot of these dogs in the past have been bred for fighting it is in there genes now. So thats why you have the ones that are good and then out of nowhere they just snap on someone.
I worked with someone that was part of the SPCA and she said that she had 6 rotweiller puppies in her arms and because the mother was a fighting dog they put the puppies down because they cannot take a chance with these dogs since its been passed down now.

I witnessed a pitbull attack on a lady and let me tell you it was not nice.....ppl say small dogs are more agressive which is true cause they are small and if they do attack you it is very easy to stop it. When you have a pitbull attacking you its not the samething.

Personally I would never get a pitbull I just don't trust it. But thats my opinion.

Back