world to feature a 7-speed manual transmission as standard. The 7-speed
manual transmission (which was developed from the familiar PDK) is
characterized by its widely spaced gears. 1st through 6th gear is designed for
optimum acceleration. The car reaches its top speed in 6th gear. 7th gear is
provided to reduce the revs at high speeds and thus improve both comfort and
fuel consumption. Low engine speeds reduce the noise inside the car,
particularly on highways.
The recommended gear shown on the instrument cluster encourages
economical driving. In addition, the new gear indicator in the rev counter shows
you which gear you are in. The elevated front center console and the driver’s
seat position are designed to minimize the distance between the steering wheel
and the gear selector so that you can change gears quickly and safely.

je me suis toujours demandé pourquoi la meme voiture qui se fait manuelle et automatique a pas l'option "voir quelle gear t'es"... dans l'automatique tu le vois sur le dash... mais la meme voiture en manuelle, tu le vois pas
ca m'arrive assez souvent d'etre distrait et d'oublier quelle vitesse j'suis rendu

je me suis toujours demandé pourquoi la meme voiture qui se fait manuelle et automatique a pas l'option "voir quelle gear t'es"... dans l'automatique tu le vois sur le dash... mais la meme voiture en manuelle, tu le vois pas
ca m'arrive assez souvent d'etre distrait et d'oublier quelle vitesse j'suis rendu

Moi ça m'arrive jamais, tu le sens au bruit et au comportement du moteur en quel gear t'es, en plus de pouvoir checker ton levier si y'est en haut ou en bas, mais j'imagine qu'avec 7 vitesses ça peut être utile. Sur ma moto (6 vitesses rapprochées) je sais jamais en quelle vitesse je suis.

Ce qui est plus étonnant c'est qu'Aston Martin a encore des boîtes manuelles, alors qu'ont pas vraiment une image sportive.

soon we will drive like truckers :D I would love to have more gears in mine when on the hwy

J'espere que tu trolololos...
Anyhow...

I personally find that 6 gears is more than enough...I've driven 5spd all my life and just recently got the M3 with a six speed gearbox...I almost find that it's too many gears already I just can't imagine having a 7th...Like richard Hammond said about the NSX-R's mesh shift boot that shaved a few grams of weight off of the car, at this point it's just engineers fiddling with the car. Give me a Gen 2 997 C4S please!

*yawn* I never though a 14 wheeler transmission would fit into cars..

raise your hand if you just need 3 gears plus the overdrive.

You know, there are racetracks that require more than 3 gears. Also, when you don't have the same budget as a full race team, and you don't have multiple sets of gears that you can change in your gear box depending on which track you're driving, getting more gears with closer ratios ensures your transmission will be more adaptable to different tracks. It is frustrating when a curb is too quick for second and too slow for third as an example. More gears eliminates some of those.

Or maybe you are one of those drifting pseudo-racers?

Or maybe you are one of those drifting pseudo-racers?

With all the links in his signature, you didnt bother to look at just one of them before you posted?

Anyways, 7 speed sounds good for control, however how short will the gears be? Also, what are the gates like? Gonna be some mis-shifts?

i personally find that 6 gears is more than enough...i've driven 5spd all my life and just recently got the m3 with a six speed gearbox...i almost find that it's too many gears already i just can't imagine having a 7th...like richard hammond said about the nsx-r's mesh shift boot that shaved a few grams of weight off of the car, at this point it's just engineers fiddling with the car. Give me a gen 2 997 c4s please!

c2s>c4s

I personally find that 6 gears is more than enough...I've driven 5spd all my life and just recently got the M3 with a six speed gearbox...I almost find that it's too many gears already I just can't imagine having a 7th...Like richard Hammond said about the NSX-R's mesh shift boot that shaved a few grams of weight off of the car, at this point it's just engineers fiddling with the car. Give me a Gen 2 997 C4S please!

Maybe you've gotten lazy u bastard.

Ps: Little jalous of your car :p

Back