Ultramar doesnt take 100$ bills

tu réponds : j'ai rien d'autre pour payer. tu acceptes, ou c'est gratuit.

rendu là, ils peuvent rien faire esti. qu'ils appellent la police. Y vont faire quoi ?

- Monsieur svp veuillez payer votre essence
- Oui pas de trouble, tient voilà 100$
- dsl on accepte pas
- pas mon problème, j'ai rien d'autre.
- profit
- merci bonne journée

fixed

Happened to me like 3 times with 100 dollar bills. All of those times I just said that it's the only bill I have, take it or I just leave. One arab guy got angry at me and started yelling RESTE LA MON AMI, RESTE LA JE VAIS APPELLER LA POLICE. I said ok, let's wait for police to come and take me for having a 100 dollar bill. Finally he was bluffing, chikened out, took the 100 and I left.

Last edited:
It's illegal not to accept it, or else it's free. There's a reason why it's written "This note is legal tender" on the damn bill...

rendu là, ils peuvent rien faire esti. qu'ils appellent la police. Y vont faire quoi ?

- dsl on accepte pas
- ???
- merci bonne journée

I work at a Petro Canada and this is the stupidest thing I've ever read.

I've had people try and pay for 15$ of gas with $100 bills and I've refused. If that happens then it's not my problem that they couldn't read the sign that said no $100 bills. If they leave, I have their plate #, their car description and their own description. One call to the police is all it takes. I've had people who had "forgotten" to pay for their gas and they come back later the same day to pay after getting a call from the police at their place. Pretty much every gas theft gets caught if the cashier is doing their job, and can take the plate # and car description.

It's also our right to not accept money. All we need to do is say no and we don't even need to justify ourselves. Usually it's because we don't have enough change or because we're suspicious about the money (fake bills).

So what happens when the person can't pay? They walk to the nearest ATM or call someone to come help them out. I don't care if the person leaves, it's the car with the unpaid gas inside of it that doesn't move.

It's illegal not to accept it, or else it's free. There's a reason why it's written "This note is legal tender" on the damn bill...

You're a fucking idiot. If you tried to pass off a fake bill to me, I would HAVE to accept it because YOU THINK it's legal? I can deny ANY coin, bill, or card if I believe it to be a fake. No merchant in Canada is under ANY obligation to take your money, and moreover, your stupid logic doesn't justify you getting the gas for free. Try it where I work and I guarantee you're getting pulled over the next time a cop sees your car.

^I'd love to see you make me go to an ATM machine

It's not like I'm gonna physically force you. In fact there's an ATM in the depanneur that I work at. I don't care how the person gets the money they need to pay, as long as the car doesn't leave then come back tomorrow for all I care. If you take the car, I'm not gonna try to stop you physically at all. As soon as you drive off, I make a call to the police and you get pulled over or get called at home.

I am not going to drive off. I have the money that I can pay the gas with. If you don't want it, that is your problem, not mine. A call to Droits de Consommateur and Police, and you will take the bill, give me change regardless of the amount of fuel I put and carry on with your day. Lol at people that deem themselves entitled to chose what money they should take and what money they shouldn't.

You're a fucking idiot. If you tried to pass off a fake bill to me, I would HAVE to accept it because YOU THINK it's legal? I can deny ANY coin, bill, or card if I believe it to be a fake. No merchant in Canada is under ANY obligation to take your money, and moreover, your stupid logic doesn't justify you getting the gas for free. Try it where I work and I guarantee you're getting pulled over the next time a cop sees your car.

Mee broooo look at this big e-thug with his amazing use of the English language. Where do you work? I will be glad to come test your (in)competency with my legitimate 100$ bill.

Mee broooo look at this big e-thug with his amazing use of the English language. Where do you work? I will be glad to come test your (in)competency with my legitimate 100$ bill.

x2 idiot talking a lot of shit. Some day he will refuse the wrong person and will get shit thrown back into his face. Just for the record Brian1037, don't pass off things that the gas station's owner where you work told you, as downright facts/universal laws of Canada.

Acting tough shit all kinds working at gas stations like a boss bro.

- dsl on accepte pas
- ???
- merci bonne journée

ils vont pas faire sa comme sa. Ils vont appeller la police, la police va t'obliger a retourner chez vous chercher le cash ou a retirer avec ta carte ou a payer avec ta carte. Si tu retourne chez vous pi t'as la brillante idée de pas revenir. ils vont te coller une amande et venir te voir pour vol.

Les commerçants ont le droits de refuser certains billets dans le cas des 100, cest pas juste a cause du risque de fraude, mais que pour reduire le risque de holdup et proteger le caissier, le montant dans la caisse est bas (moins de 100$, et très souvent autour de 50$).

C'est pas juste par suspicion, mais parce que yont pas assez de change dans la caisse !

Quand jai travaillé 3 mois a un couche tard, on acceptais les 100 quand ils avaient acheter assez pour que on puisse leur donner le change, et meme a ca juste pendant le jour. La nuit cetait un non categorique question de sécurité

Envoyé depuis mon Galaxy Nexus avec Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am not going to drive off. I have the money that I can pay the gas with. If you don't want it, that is your problem, not mine. A call to Droits de Consommateur and Police, and you will take the bill, give me change regardless of the amount of fuel I put and carry on with your day. Lol at people that deem themselves entitled to chose what money they should take and what money they shouldn't.

And what if the guy has no change for a 100$ bill?

I work at a Petro Canada and this is the stupidest thing I've ever read.

I've had people try and pay for 15$ of gas with $100 bills and I've refused. If that happens then it's not my problem that they couldn't read the sign that said no $100 bills. If they leave, I have their plate #, their car description and their own description. One call to the police is all it takes. I've had people who had "forgotten" to pay for their gas and they come back later the same day to pay after getting a call from the police at their place. Pretty much every gas theft gets caught if the cashier is doing their job, and can take the plate # and car description.

It's also our right to not accept money. All we need to do is say no and we don't even need to justify ourselves. Usually it's because we don't have enough change or because we're suspicious about the money (fake bills).

So what happens when the person can't pay? They walk to the nearest ATM or call someone to come help them out. I don't care if the person leaves, it's the car with the unpaid gas inside of it that doesn't move.

This. All you MR 100$ carrying, "you better fucking accept it" e-thugs make me laugh.

The method of payment (e.g. cash, debit or credit card) used in a transaction is a private agreement between the buyer and the seller. Each has the right to accept or refuse a bank note when accepting payment or receiving change.

À Montréal, toutes les pompes ont le payement à la pompe. :dunno:

Pis kessé que t'achète régulièrement que t'as besoin de sortir des milliers de dollars de l'ATM??

Long story short, je dépose des cheques dans mon compte de compagnie BMO, que je dois transferer manuellement vers mon compte conjoint/perso (Caisse). Sans compté les clients qui paye cash, no comments, mais tu les appelleras pour savoir pk il me paye en 100$...

x2 idiot talking a lot of shit. Some day he will refuse the wrong person and will get shit thrown back into his face. Just for the record Brian1037, don't pass off things that the gas station's owner where you work told you, as downright facts/universal laws of Canada.

Acting tough shit all kinds working at gas stations like a boss bro.

why is he an idiot talking alot of shit?
:dunno:

Back