Dashboard Camera - Need advice

Yes but its SO practical! Waterproof, 11mp, so many ways that it can be use with tons of accessories. I suggest you go try one at a futureshop or somethig and i bet youll fall in love!

GoPro 2 FTW !!!!

Yes but its SO practical! Waterproof, 11mp, so many ways that it can be use with tons of accessories. I suggest you go try one at a futureshop or somethig and i bet youll fall in love!

GoPro 2 FTW !!!!

My bad, i was talking about the gopro1

Yours is about 380$ more than the one suggested.

And still not lcd screen.

wasn't there a member her that was trying to start a business by selling something like that but then people were bashing him? lol remember that time?

wasn't there a member her that was trying to start a business by selling something like that but then people were bashing him? lol remember that time?

lol i do

I was one of them, and the first to say i was wrong when i found that model for sale in a store in alberta i think.

It was still very expensive though, almost as much as the gopro.

Because +- 280$ more for 1080p.

You're paying for quality, and versatility though. Let's say you decide to buy a cam at ~$100. All you're getting is a camera that's going to sit in your car, whereas with something like a GoPro you can throw it on your helmet if you're going skiing, biking, atv-ing etc.

Everytime i see someone drooling over a gopro, the only thing i can think of is this:

Vivitar-3-in-1-Mini-Digital_DEB39F38.jpg

Sorry

if anyone is serious about buying this, don't go with a gopro or drift cam... you will have to constantly erase all the files. It gets annoying. With a dedicated cam, they constantly write over the old videos in a continuous loop.

what happens the day that you drive for a long ass time, and something interesting happens in the morning, and by the time you get home at night it's erased?

^^ no, most of the cameras have the ability to lock files you want. At the push of a button, the file that it is currently on will be saved and not overwritten.

just picked mine up! So far i like it. There is a lot of playing around to do. Thought that the parking mode would always stay on but looks like i'll have to hardwire it to get it to do that.

I use my iPhone with a windshield mount, I take the smallest format and im good for a long time, at the end of the day if nothing happened I erase the file.

^ i was thinking of doing that but read that it really drains the battery even if plugged in. Last thing I need is something else that drains the battery on the iPhone. It is a good solution tho.

So far the quality seems to be excellent and really not much I could say negative about it. Sleek and discreet. Loads of options. GPS and speed work great. Software is easy to use and understand. It's very user friendly. Videoclips have 0 delay in between clips unlike many other cameras who's review say sometimes 15-30 skip between chaning files.

So far these are the only things I wish it had:
Ability to manually select an event that just occurred 1 minute before, current video file, 1 minute after
Compatibility with OS X. Must use a PC to use software
Better audio, but not necessary. does an alright job for it's use.

I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have. Will post up videos ASAP

Here are two videos from lastnight in 1080p. Think you might have to watch them in youtube to put full resolution:

Back