bosch 044 inline fuel pump

TylerF

all i have is the pump and 1 fitting that came with it. has anyone ever installed this and could give me some help ?

bosch-044-fuel-pump.jpg

do i use that nipple they gave me , or do i simple by 2 nipples for each side , hook it up to 12v and run it like that ?

all depends on what type of line you will be running. if you are just using regular fuel injection line, then 2 barbed fittings will be ok. if you want to use braided line, get some AN fittings.

Try and use your factory connection for the pump.

i'm going to use stock fuel lines. do i need that fitting they including with the pump? it has threads on the end of it, no idea why.

do i install it after or before my fuel filter under the car?

i figured out my wiring, i'm going to plug it directly to the battery and have a signal wire on a relay to give it power.

its my first time working on the fueling system , so how would i hook it up ? just cut the gas line and direct it into the pump than back into the line ?

Are you keeping your factory pump aswell? If not, just remove it and place it where the old one was. Use barbed fittings and fuel line clamps, not hose clips. If you don't know what I mean I will snap some pics later on.

As far as filter goes, having it before the pump will save it from any major rust breaking off, but if you are not running an intank pump, priming the new filter will be a bitch.

i'm setting it up out of tank. i was told to have it set up, stock pump / fuel filter / inline pump / fuel rail. ill mount it under the car

in my opinion everything should be run before the filter.. if this pump gives out and decides to chew itself to bits if its after the filter its going to cost you 6 new injectors and who know what else.

intank-high pressure- fuel filter-fuel rail

toujours mettre le filtre avant la pompe sinon tu risque de brule ta pompe en faisant passe de la cochonerie dedans. J'ai jamais entendue dire qu'une pompe c'était auto détruite.

Pour le fillage courant de la batterie a un relais active soit par l'ordi ou par une switch.
Ground direct sur le body

Pour le fitage de hose tu vas devoir trouver des fitting qui font de ta pompe a tes hose d'origine

Back