KIA on the good way ??? LOOK THOSE PIC !

Kia on the good way ??

• Yes

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 30.9%

• Total voters
kia as no pedigree ..ya maybe but the same when japanese car arrived in north america,
you cant ask kia to make a car that you can drive like a porsche, its..kia
maybe 5 or 10 years and it should be better

if I had the choice between JDM or KDM with the SAME equipment for the SAME price .. JDM all the way but too pricey for nothing, except for some model
for a every day car , my kia does a great job

P.S. no german car in my life, to much problem for the long term

There's a 2004 Kompressor in my life now (gf's) and so far it's really good....definitely the best auto trans I've ever driven (but who cares? :D)
I hope my post didn't make me look like a douchebag/car snob. I actually feel a bit stupid for the way I see KDM (first time I hear that actually, in your post) cars. I don't look down my nose at people who drive them though, let me be clear about that! When I look at some of the newer ones they definitely look good. Some of the new Hyundais are looking damn good too. All of them have come a long way since the early 2000s. I understand your comment regarding a Kia that drives like a Porsche, but that's exactly their mistake. Look at every major manufacturer - they ALL have supercars that people drool over. It's like any product. You make one $900 handbag and give it to a celebrity so women will buy 500,000 of your $90 ones. If Kia makes an 800HP MR-layout coupe with stock 20" wheels and 4 piston calipers and a bunch of other stuff not many people will pay $300,000 for it, but at least their $18,000 cars will look a lot sexier sitting next to it. Maybe they need to invent/innovate something that the other makers copy.

There's a 2004 Kompressor in my life now (gf's) and so far it's really good....definitely the best auto trans I've ever driven (but who cares? :D)
I hope my post didn't make me look like a douchebag/car snob. I actually feel a bit stupid for the way I see KDM (first time I hear that actually, in your post) cars. I don't look down my nose at people who drive them though, let me be clear about that! When I look at some of the newer ones they definitely look good. Some of the new Hyundais are looking damn good too. All of them have come a long way since the early 2000s. I understand your comment regarding a Kia that drives like a Porsche, but that's exactly their mistake. Look at every major manufacturer - they ALL have supercars that people drool over. It's like any product. You make one $900 handbag and give it to a celebrity so women will buy 500,000 of your $90 ones. If Kia makes an 800HP MR-layout coupe with stock 20" wheels and 4 piston calipers and a bunch of other stuff not many people will pay $300,000 for it, but at least their $18,000 cars will look a lot sexier sitting next to it. Maybe they need to invent/innovate something that the other makers copy.

I was scared to go with kia, But for daily driving after a year its okay no problem except the window in the first month (frameless door)
kia its kia , its not volks or acura
But when you think about a 20 000$ BRAND NEW car , kia/hyundai give you more for your money compare to the competition

and its a concept on the way RWD near 300HP for 2014/2015

If my koup make me no problem after 5 years , its gonne be my winter beater and im gonna buy something in the Nismo Family

Je viens tout juste de m'acheter un Kia Optima SX 2012 silver, le véhicule m'a pas encore été livré, j'ai déja la drop et les roues son dans le transport. Je vous post des photos aussitot je l'ai.

395129_10151281542435001_410522105000_22540949_782878635_n.jpg

j'ai commandé en 19x8.5+38 front et 19x9.5+38 rear, avec une drop de 1.25 avant et 1.50 arriere. devrait etre popire pour le stance.

Je viens tout juste de m'acheter un Kia Optima SX 2012 silver, le véhicule m'a pas encore été livré, j'ai déja la drop et les roues son dans le transport. Je vous post des photos aussitot je l'ai.

395129_10151281542435001_410522105000_22540949_782878635_n.jpg

j'ai commandé en 19x8.5+38 front et 19x9.5+38 rear, avec une drop de 1.25 avant et 1.50 arriere. devrait etre popire pour le stance.

Les Infiniti G20 ne sont pas SI pire cote wheel gap au depart, et la mienne est deja baisse de plus de 3", et j'ai encore 1/4" de gap...je ne pense pas que tu vas attaindre le look "stance/flush" avec seulement 1.25/1.5" mais je peux me tromper!

Les Infiniti G20 ne sont pas SI pire cote wheel gap au depart, et la mienne est deja baisse de plus de 3", et j'ai encore 1/4" de gap...je ne pense pas que tu vas attaindre le look "stance/flush" avec seulement 1.25/1.5" mais je peux me tromper!

tjrs aussi plaisant avoir l'avis des gens qui n'ont aucune idée du model que l'on parle, tu as vu beaucoup optima rouler dans rue avec du aftermarket stuff?

attend de voir les photos apres ca tu diras si tu aimes ou pas.

tjrs aussi plaisant avoir l'avis des gens qui n'ont aucune idée du model que l'on parle, tu as vu beaucoup optima rouler dans rue avec du aftermarket stuff?

attend de voir les photos apres ca tu diras si tu aimes ou pas.

First of all, I was super nice about it, just being informative. Second of all, why the hell would I have to see an Optima with aftermarket stuff to know it has like a 5" wheel gap and you want to drop it 1.5"? What are you going to do for the other 3.5", oversize the tires by 12 sizes? Don't talk down to people when you don't know wtf you're talking about yourself, or don't come crying to me when your car is only 30% of the drop you wanted.

Fucking people on this forum! Every post is some sarcastic bullshit about how someone else clearly doesn't know what they're talking about. How the fuck do you know what I know? Now look at the pic and tell me how the hell you're going to be "omg bro hellaflush bro stance!" with a fucking 1.5" drop.
KIA-Optima-Review-12.jpg

I just remembered, I went as far as saying "je peut me tromper" and you still give me a bunch of attitude about it? I even wrote in French to be even nicer. Not the second time though....ohhhhh no.

5661d1332798077-scottmuffmans-showroom-img_3173.jpg

That's the drop on the springs you're talking about.

l_All%20Other%20Makes_Kia%20Optima_VVSCV3_67e.jpg

That's stanced (air ride). Slight difference. (AND, both are on 20"s, which makes them appear lower due to the rim being closer to the fender.)

si toi tu aimes ca le look show car c'est ton droit, moi je vais ameliorer le look d'origine pour rouler DD, une roue qui poke de 1po de l'aile moi je trouve pas ca beau, alors je vais me corriger sur le mot utilisé et je vais dire DE BON GOUT, sur ce ai beaucoup de plaisir avec ton véhicule et je vais en faire de meme avec le mien.

j'avoue que la Optima avec des 18-19 pouces.. sa de la gueule...

par contre.. jusqu'à ce jour.. je ne touche rien de Kia/Hyundai jusqu'au jour qu'une de ses compagnie gagne la WRC..... (on verra en 2013 :p avec la I20)

par contre.. jusqu'à ce jour.. je ne touche rien de Kia/Hyundai jusqu'au jour qu'une de ses compagnie gagne la WRC..... (on verra en 2013 :p avec la I20)

Wow! Tas mentalité c'est n'importe quoi lol. TAs quelle âge en passant 14-16 ans??

You know that any Hyundai that wins any rally event will be 200% removed from the car it is based on... like how the fiesta is totally a rally car.

Wow! Tas mentalité c'est n'importe quoi lol. TAs quelle âge en passant 14-16 ans??

Genius toi argff... je pense que je t'est touché une cordre sensible vis-à-vis les Hyundai...

la voiture inspire ainsi confiance par la fiabilité qu'elle a démontré lors des épreuves. Effectivement, la voiture n'est absolument plus stock, mais les modifications apportés démontrent le potentiel du char.

TrollFace.png

Last edited:
Genius toi argff... je pense que je t'est touché une cordre sensible vis-à-vis les Hyundai...

la voiture inspire ainsi confiance par la fiabilité qu'elle a démontré lors des épreuves. Effectivement, la voiture n'est absolument plus stock, mais les modifications apportés démontrent le potentiel du char.

Non, c'est vraiment ton raisonement de marde qui fait pitié.

Hyundai et Kia font des produits qui deviennent toujours meilleurs à chaque génération.

Mais ils ont encore un fichu syndrome de ''copy-cat'' d'autres marques (allemand et japonais à mon avis). Certaines marques y vont avec leur propre design et affrontent l'opinion des gens. Kia emprunte un chemin visuel déjà emprunté par un autre constructeur. Aucune innovation, ou très peu.

Fiabilité des mécaniques pas mauvaise. Le Tucson v6 awd à ma mère est rendu à sa 3e transmission sur garantie (pas encore 125 000km). Just sayin'...

Valeur de revente à chier. Ils ne peuvent pas se permettre de faire des berlines à 60 000$ parce que après 1 an/25 000km ça a perdu plus de 75% de sa valeur ... aussi triste que ça!

Une voiture est une dépense, mais il est bien lorsque ta dépense est amoindrie lorsque tu récupères un bon montant à la revente.

Mais si vous êtes du genre ''point A au point B'' avec un peu de style, ça semble être un bon compromis.

Back