KIA on the good way ??? LOOK THOSE PIC !

Kia on the good way ??

• Yes

Votes: 38 69.1%
  • No

Votes: 17 30.9%

• Total voters
"on the good way"

I think half of them look like cheap copies of Audis.

Let me introduce you to Peter Schreyer :

_Peter-Schreyer-at-Kia-Design.jpg

Red one with Vossen wheels is really nice.

The rest of them have something awkward that I can't put my finger on.

as I said, it looks like the rear wheelwell is too small!!! there is something weird in the shape of the car around the rear wheel arches

Tell me more about your Kia testing experience.
I don't have nothing against this brand , even I can tell you that I love the Optima design. BUT IF you compare a BMW to a KIA...I tell you that I'm THE STIG .
Please just don't compare them, it's a shame if you do so.

Kia's definitely look pretty nice and offer some decent options.

But I don't know about them, the Forte Koup has a rear torsion-beam rear suspension and a few other things that don't really appeal to me in a car. But I guess your average person that's buying a car doesn't really look into those things.

Kia's definitely look pretty nice and offer some decent options.

But I don't know about them, the Forte Koup has a rear torsion-beam rear suspension and a few other things that don't really appeal to me in a car. But I guess your average person that's buying a car doesn't really look into those things.

I hate the rear torsion beam , the handling would be better without that
But I will buy some ultra racing kit to have a better handling

I hate to say it, but all these "new-ish to North America" companies should have waited before penetrating this market if they wanted to appeal to "car guys". I'm sure they don't regret it anyway, because 99.9% of their sales are from average Joes, so waiting would have lost them millions of dollars. As far as I'm concerned, the Hyundais from the early 90's ruined it for all of them. Now Kia could come out with a 400HP AWD sick-looking car for $21,000 and no one would want it because "it's a Kia". For me Kia has no pedigree. The same goes for Hyundai, although I'm sure by now their quality has come up to be on par or surpass many cars we think of as being well-built. The fact that Hyundai competes in motorsport helps I think...maybe in a few more years they'll finally lose that stigma. I may be in the minority on this, but I just couldn't feel good driving a non-Japanese (Nissan/Toyota/Mitsu/Honda) or German car. I'd feel like a second class citizen in one, and I'm not a paranoid person with low self-esteem either. I'd just feel icky. Can't explain it. I feel the same way about post-1990 American cars. I just couldn't drive one without feeling like I should be wearing white leatherette hi-tops.

As for the cars in this thread...yes - you can stance pretty well any car with a big drop, some negative camber and decent wheels and it will look good. I've seen first gen Chrysler Neons driven by 16 year olds with paper route money stanced out on nice wheels and they look 100x better than stock ones...but they are still Neons.

I hate to say it, but all these "new-ish to North America" companies should have waited before penetrating this market if they wanted to appeal to "car guys". I'm sure they don't regret it anyway, because 99.9% of their sales are from average Joes, so waiting would have lost them millions of dollars. As far as I'm concerned, the Hyundais from the early 90's ruined it for all of them. Now Kia could come out with a 400HP AWD sick-looking car for $21,000 and no one would want it because "it's a Kia". For me Kia has no pedigree.

kia as no pedigree ..ya maybe but the same when japanese car arrived in north america,
you cant ask kia to make a car that you can drive like a porsche, its..kia
maybe 5 or 10 years and it should be better

if I had the choice between JDM or KDM with the SAME equipment for the SAME price .. JDM all the way but too pricey for nothing, except for some model
for a every day car , my kia does a great job

P.S. no german car in my life, to much problem for the long term

Back