Parking mtl wtf!

Rennport996

Legacy Member
Can someone explain that to me?

7B0786D2-3095-471C-8DBC-D40D4EB35E82-3799-000003B2CB7C39E1.jpg

I paid for the spot but theres a no parking sign.. On st-Paul/st-gabriel.

even though it has a parking pole, you can't park if there's a no-parking sign...

The spot you paid for is before the sign.

There is no parking after the sign, in front of the door of that restaurant.

Mon guess:

Il manque une flèche vers la droit sur le panneau d'interdiction de stationnement en avant plan et une flèche vers la gauche sur le panneau d’interdiction de stationnement en arrière plan. Il n'y a pas de P 550 ou de P 548 de l'autre côté de la borne de stationnement.

even though it has a parking pole, you can't park if there's a no-parking sign...

I think you are right. But its definetly a trap!

Luckily, my job took only 30 min and I didnt have a ticket.

Here's another angle in which you can see that theres the no parking sign, then another parking spot, then a fire hydrant. So no there shouldn't be an arrow on the sign it just means i cant park anywhere on that side of the street.

8EF3EFDB-D558-4514-BE29-CF97639652E2-3799-000003B8A90C4437.jpg

Its ridiculous they should just program the machine so it wont let you pay..

Its ridiculous they should just program the machine so it wont let you pay..

They actually do. I tried paying for parking once somewhere dtown, and the machine did not let me pay and displayed a message : " no parking in the selected spot at this time "

Pourquoi une trap? Le point positif avec les nouvelles bornes est que si tu n'as pas le droit de te stationner, genre entre telle heure et telle heure, le système va t'empêcher de payer ton spot.

EDIT: Assman l'a bien expliqué

I know they do. But they didnt for that spot so i would have used that in court lol

good to know if i need to park downtown, this spot will always be available and if i get a ticket i just contest and voila!

thx very much !

Yeah but im not sure youre gonna win..

They're gonna say the no parking sign has priority or some b.s. like that..

Montreal is fucked lol

I think they put the meter too far. It's a one way road, the no parking zone is where the white rabbit is. Before the sign is the spot for that parking pole.

There was another no parking sign 10 meters on the other side as well. Basically saying you cant park on this whole side of yhe street but there was also 6 metered parking spaces.. Go figure!

if the no parking was for the in front of the restaurant it would have an arrow pointing towards the direction with another no parking sign with an arrow pointing towards the opposite way. Strictly a fucked up situation.

Back