Are these street legal? (Offroad guys needed)

Subzero

I'm currently shopping for second gen Xterra and have started building a small list of immediate mods. After browsing for a few hours it finally occurred to me... are tubular bumpers even legal?

Any information/insight would be greatly appreciated!

Picture is extremely relevant.
np62468.jpg

I'd probably limit the coverage to 1-way anyway, so insurance is no concern.

But what are the implications of running one of these, a 48h ticket? I see trucks with push-bars everyday on my daily commute, they're all illegal or are there guidelines to follow?

The legality of those kind of bumpers is questionable; as mentioned if you hit a pedestrian you're going to mess them up as opposed to your stock bumper. Some vehicles come with brush guards and offroad bumpers stock though, so it's a grey area as to what's allowed and what's not.

That being said, the cops don't usually give a fuck about 4x4s. I drove my lifted jeep with tires that stuck out and NO front bumper cover (just the steel bumper underneath exposed) for a year and didn't ever get pulled over. My friend has an ARB bumper and big tires on his Jeep as well and hasn't been stopped.

It's probably technically illegal but you would probably get a way with it easily. I've seen a few trucks with bumpers like that around.

Oui mais à moins que le Nissan soit highly modified, c'est ridicule.

this. Si t'a pas au minimum un lift kit et des 33 pouces, ca va etre laid.

sinon pour répondre a ta question oui c'est illégal (anyway qu'est-ce qui l'est pas au québec?) mais tu te ferra pas achaller pour ca.

The legality of those kind of bumpers is questionable; as mentioned if you hit a pedestrian you're going to mess them up as opposed to your stock bumper. Some vehicles come with brush guards and offroad bumpers stock though, so it's a grey area as to what's allowed and what's not.

That being said, the cops don't usually give a fuck about 4x4s. I drove my lifted jeep with tires that stuck out and NO front bumper cover (just the steel bumper underneath exposed) for a year and didn't ever get pulled over. My friend has an ARB bumper and big tires on his Jeep as well and hasn't been stopped.

This is what I was first inclined to think as well... thanks!

this. Si t'a pas au minimum un lift kit et des 33 pouces, ca va etre laid.

sinon pour répondre a ta question oui c'est illégal (anyway qu'est-ce qui l'est pas au québec?) mais tu te ferra pas achaller pour ca.

Je m'informe justement au sujet des lift kit question de savoir ce que j'ai besoin. Aurais-tu un forum à me suggérer? L'utilisation du camion est plus destiné à ''J'ai envie d'aller par là-bas'' sans avoir peur de rester pris que de grimper des roches ou faire de la trail technique.

Les 33 pouces vont de soi, obviously.

People answering here without any knowledge...

I have a bumper very similar, front and back... And I have done the Quebec SAAQ inspection WITH them on and passed. There is no issue with these bumpers as long as there's no sharp edges.

The tech that did the inspection said he didn't think it would have passed but that it was perfectly legal. So you might have smart ass police but it is legal.

Front
nenyva8a.jpg

Rear
behyty3e.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

+1. Je conduis mon Cherokee jacké 4" avec environ 2" de pneu qui dépasse des ailes et aucun problème. Les gars roulent avec des bumper full tubulaire et aucun trouble côté police.

De toute façon sur mon Cherokee les bumpers avant et arrière sont en grosse tôle, aucun cover de plastique.

Envoyé de mon SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 en utilisant Tapatalk

I'm currently shopping for second gen Xterra and have started building a small list of immediate mods. After browsing for a few hours it finally occurred to me... are tubular bumpers even legal?

Any information/insight would be greatly appreciated!

Picture is extremely relevant.
np62468.jpg

ce bumper est un calmini,si c est celui la que tu veut j espere que tu n est pas presser ,moi j ai un xterra 2006 et jen voulait un jusqua le gars ma dit que ca prendrait pas loin de un an avant de l avoir ,calmini c est bon mais le service pourri.

c est quoi ta liste des choses que tu veut?

I know a couple of people that have a stinger bumper on there trucks and cops do nothing about it.

i got arrested and given a safety check on my samurai, and the officer did not say anything about my bumpers.

IMAG0078_zps920e9328.jpg

and yes the bumper was not finish completely on that picture.

^ that bumper looks fucking hilarious. it's like you were drinking a couple of beers while building it and then you looked at it and you were like this
Obama-Frown.jpg

^ that bumper looks fucking hilarious. it's like you were drinking a couple of beers while building it and then you looked at it and you were like this
Obama-Frown.jpg

haha i know, function over form and i was totally sober the whole time i built it :D
But i probably did the "not bad" face when i was done with it lol

Back