Article: Are There Too Many Car Shows & Meets?

DannyITR

Administrator
Staff member
0715-too-many-shows.jpg

It seems like every weekend there is event happening for the tuner enthusiast crowd. With an abundance of tracks in Quebec, it’s never been easier to put on a car event of some sort if you have a decent online presence.
I’ve been asked the question “do you think there are too many shows?” many times before and my answer is this: no there isn’t and here are my reasons.

First, we are lucky to have access to so many facilities around the province where we can all enjoy our hobby which is cars. Back in the day, people took the streets more often than not in order to race. The illegality of street racing gave it a thrill hard to reproduce for both racers AND spectators because everybody was guilty in some way. I won’t pretend to exclude myself from having enjoyed that thrill.

Looking back, I realize just how dangerous those outings were and I consider myself fortunate not to have witnessed any accidents because there were numerous close calls. The more car events there are, the less street racing there will be.

Second, competition is good for the public. It’s doubtful that we’d be seeing $10 prices to race your vehicle without an abundance of weekly race events. The tracks are trying hard to attract people and we all benefit.

Third, the more events there are, the more people will be exposed to car tuning and the more money they will spend on their rides. People spending money on their rides is good for the industry and creates jobs. The more tuner shops that there are, the more competition we’ll see which, in turn, results in better prices for parts.

Fourth, dilution of the scene is a myth in my opinion. The events that are thrown together without much planning are evident and attendance usually corresponds to the quality of the event. No matter how many smaller shows there are over the course of the year, people will still flock to the Car Fevers, the Eurokracies, the JDM Fests and the rest because they know the production effort is there.

Let’s enjoy that fact that the Quebec scene is thriving in 2015 and shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon. Happy tuning.

That's also not counting in the fact that we have a very limited amount of time we can enjoy and show off our rides in our winter wonderland.

I was asking that very question just a few weeks ago...

In my opinion, there aren't too many, but they all happen on the same days and they are diluting each other.
Why do we need to have two thursday night meets? Why are there 2-4 shows during the same weekend, and then nothing for three weeks?

Organise as many shows as you want, but please put them in separate weekends. You'll get more people because instead of having to choose between both, they will go to both.

the amount of quality events and meets is lacking, and the plagiarism is strong. too many people trying to profit and or gain fame

bring me back to old 2005-6 MR era where there was small shows, small community and no thirst.

Way too many and its always the same people who go to every single one because they need desperate attention from all angles. Most of these people mod cars for other people and not themselves just like starting all these crews / cruises to and from meets.

i aswell think there are too many meets

how many times a week do you want to stand in a parking lot staring at the same cars you saw the night before. And with so many meets, it makes car shows almost pointless because its the same fkn cars from the meets

all we need is 2 meets a week. 1 for cars (mainly) and 1 for bikes (mainly)

Way too many and its always the same people who go to every single one because they need desperate attention from all angles. Most of these people mod cars for other people and not themselves just like starting all these crews / cruises to and from meets.
This

I think there are too many as well. Not because I don't want choice, juste because there are too many bad ones. Specialty shows like Eurokracy and Granby and others are awesome, they attrack a specific crowd and you actually get to see some good cars. But most weekly shows are always ti-coune fests. Someone calls a show Cars & Coffee every other day, or "private club" ... it only takes a meet or two and it's cop-magnet Civics doing burnouts and the rice f&f eclipse.

the amount of quality events and meets is lacking, and the plagiarism is strong. too many people trying to profit and or gain fame

bring me back to old 2005-6 MR era where there was small shows, small community and no thirst.

this

i actually cringe at all these crews with certified/low/static in their names trying to be cool. really sad how badly people want to be accpeted so they join these crews to have a sense of belonging lol

i actually cringe at all these crews with certified/low/static in their names trying to be cool. really sad how badly people want to be accpeted so they join these crews to have a sense of belonging lol

i have all three stickers on my car... do we have a problem ?

s-l1000.jpg

Yes you know what I mean lol

Back