Ducati Hypermotard

Mtlalex

Legacy Member
So I had a 08 Gsxr 750 a few years ago and after getting the speed out of my system i personally though the bike was really annoying to drive around the city. It was a fun bike at the track (the one day i took it there) but like i said for the daily commutes it wasn't that great. So I'm thinking of maybe getting back in the bike scene but this time with something more casual/Comfortable and also now that the bike won't be plated in alberta anymore, I don't really wanna spend that much on plates. What are you guys's opinion on it? Any other bikes you would suggest instead keeping the "type of bike" in mind??

thanks

Anything naked with a more upright position would fit your bill. Depends how much you want to pay and how fast you want to be.

Never rode a hyper motard but had a buddy who sold his within 2 months. While it is fun it wasn't the best comuter either (he had an r1 and sxv550 as well back then).

After owning a gixxer 750 and a drz400sm, i settled with a naked bike. Has the upright position of the sm, power of a 750 and overall a much better riding and commuting experience without paying the premium for insurance and plates.

Fz09, street/speed triple, z1000, tuono, s1000r, gsxs750/1000 and so on would be a better commuter then a hypermotard in my opinion. Again depends how much you want to pay and what power/components you desire.

I ended with an fz09, for different reasons. It orobably has the most upright riding position of the bunch a d can be had for a fair price. Hard to find a better bike for the price.

Happy shopping.

I would like to keep it between 8-12gs… Do you know the reason why he didn't think the ducati was a good commuter bike??

Anyone with Personal Experience with them?

Thanks for your input!

I am very very much so considering a KTM Duke as a commuter/canyon carver. My friend owns one and loves it. In your budget to.

It's got enough power to get you up to speed fast, the mono cylinder means it's got some bottom end grunt, and it weighs nothing.

J'ai lu beaucoup sur le hypermotard (le nouveau 821 sp), et apparament, c'est moyen comme daily.. Certain on eu un shitload de problemes (va voir snowcatxx87 sur youtube). C'est un esti de beau bike, performant, mais dans le monde réel, un fz09, triumph triple, duke etc etc va remplir le bill un peu mieu, et pour moin chère!

Ouin, je suis en train de commencer a penser la meme chose… Mais je sais pas trop pour quoi j'ai de la misère a les trouver le Naked bike a mon gout

I own a Hypermotard 2v (older aircooled bikes)

Ask me anything you want. I know the 796, 1100 and newer 821s inside out.

I also live in Downtown montreal and commute with it around the city and also ride very hard on the street.

Back