TPMS : where to program them ?

Goofy

Banned
So switched to the winter tires and they are no programmed with my car, is the dealer the only good place to program them ? They probably charge 1h of work so 120$+ tx. Are local garages as relible as dealer when it comes to programming tpms sensors ?

Any recommended garage in VSL/WI ?

What do you mean, does it not pickup the sensors at all or has it placed them on the wrong wheels in the dash board?

Check your owners manual, my car has a re-learn feature where I have to hit a few buttons and then the car asks me to deflate the tires one at a time so that it can relearn the new positions of the sensors on it's own.

What do you mean, does it not pickup the sensors at all or has it placed them on the wrong wheels in the dash board?

Check your owners manual, my car has a re-learn feature where I have to hit a few buttons and then the car asks me to deflate the tires one at a time so that it can relearn the new positions of the sensors on it's own.

Lexus doesnt have the re learn feature like other cars, I believe Acura chrysler dodge and jeep are the only re learn tpms.

I was googling around and found this tool :

http://www.tirerack.com/accessories...tires&ef_id=VjqHrwAAAdY6GA2r:20151202174752:s

The QuickSet downloads the IDs that are stored in your vehicle's ECU. The PC based software allows you to enter the IDs from your alternate set of tires into the QuickSet. You must have your alternate set of IDs available (from a TPMS decoder tool such as the ATEQ VT30, provided by a garage, an invoice or on the sensor itself). Once the QuickSet is updated with the alternate set of IDs, you are able to upload these to your vehicle's ECU through the OBDII port.

Read more: http://www.clublexus.com/forums/clu...ol-reset-your-tpms-at-home.html#ixzz3tBfYg5UI

Anyone ever bought this ?

Each brand has different TPMS system. Some need the same TPMS ID or ecu reprogram (Toyota), some needs a tool to relearn (Chevy) some need nothing and relearns by themselves.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

High roller, he got 2 sets of TPMS :D I used to, but new car doesn't have TPMS so I'm free

As tu vraiment besoin avoir un sensor pour savoir si tu a un tire de mou????

On a honda, when you don't have TPMS you can't disable the traction control which is kind of a pain when you're in trouble!!

You will need someone that has a Bartec400 tool to reset your Lexus. There are other tools but the bartec is the more advanced tool there is for TPMS. The relearn needs to be done through the OBD2 port like 99% of the import cars. I would suggest you go see one of my customer. You can go see Philip from pneu.ca 514-654-6781 they are on Cyphiot in Ville St-Laurent. Tell him Max from B-line sends you.

Honestly i think it's more of the dash light being on.

Exactly. Super annoying.

You will need someone that has a Bartec400 tool to reset your Lexus. There are other tools but the bartec is the more advanced tool there is for TPMS. The relearn needs to be done through the OBD2 port like 99% of the import cars. I would suggest you go see one of my customer. You can go see Philip from pneu.ca 514-654-6781 they are on Cyphiot in Ville St-Laurent. Tell him Max from B-line sends you.

Will give them a call if doesn't work out with greg.

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Canadian tire can do them , they have the bartec 400 . they charge around 30 bucks

Just went, they said they do it but since my Lexus allows for 2 sets of tpms ( I already have one set programmed and registered as my initial set ) if they program them, they might erase my initial set. They advised me to go directly to Lexus

Sent from my iPhone 6s Plus using Tapatalk

Back