How Do I Buy a Pick Up Truck

Methamphetamine

The title of the thread sounds really dumb, but it is still the most relevant thing I could think of.

Here is my situation so far.

I bought a 2015 Honda Civic with a 7 year payment plan. This was 2 years ago, so now I've got 5 years left.
I might be having some sort of mid life crisis right now, but I want a pick up truck. Why? Because I want to buy a 4 wheeler that I can put in back of the truck and just drive that mofo all over the woods. I'm probably going to be driving the truck to and from Quebec City - Montreal every week. This is going to be costly, I know!

I don't think anyone here can give me 4 wheeler advice, but if feel free to share if you can.

My main concern is the following:

How do I get rid of the Honda and get a truck doing minimal damage to my wallet?

Also what is a good truck for doing what I need? I don't work in construction, so I'll only be hauling that 4 wheeler around and possibly small boats for fishing.
I was looking at the Ram 1500... looked decently priced. Is there better? Will a 4 wheeler fit in the back of that thing? I'm not getting one those 4 seaters, just a small 4 wheeler for myself.

Honda ridgeline si tu pense pas faire de hors route rock-crawling.

Meilleur consommation d'essence avec meilleur boite pour le segment.

Surment que le dealer peut te faire un bon échange pour ta civic.

Différent scénario ici: en septembre je descendais en Caroline du nord pour un trip de moto. Une maison loue pour 1 semaine avec des chums pour rouler les belle routes la bas.

Problème: descendre la moto. J'ai pas d'auto, et j'en voulais pas plus que ca.

Solution: Used pickup le moins chere pour la condition = approx 2k$ sur un petit B2300 2004. Cheap, économe, fiable, assurance de base, capable de tirer juste ce que j'ai besoin. Va se revendre approx le prix de l'achat.

Tu veux pas payer 2 plaques? Transfert la d'un véhicule a l'autre pour 8$. Ça se fait en ligne. Comme ça tu roules le véhicule que tu as besoin quand tu en as besoin, t'es content et ton wallet est content!

Tu vas tirer quoi avec un ranger 2.3 litres que tu tirais pas avec un char lol. Le 2.3 c est une ivrogne, tu charges pas plus, t es 2wd open diff. Yark.

Tu vas tirer quoi avec un ranger 2.3 litres que tu tirais pas avec un char lol. Le 2.3 c est une ivrogne, tu charges pas plus, t es 2wd open diff. Yark.
Ivrogne... je sais pas.

Je fais 500 kilos ez sur une tank de 87 sur mon 2003 ...

Ivrogne... je sais pas.

Je fais 500 kilos ez sur une tank de 87 sur mon 2003 ...

A vide, su l'autoroute, le vent dans le dos. Mets 500 lbs sul cul on verra. I might be wrong also. 62 litres pour 500km c est pas vargeux..

Last edited:
C'est le V6 qui est réputé ivrogne plus que le 2.3 me semble. Sinon n'importe quoi qui tire 2-3000lb + remorque

Si tu veux pas de remorque, ça peut en principe rentrer dans un Transit Connect LWB 2015+. Max length 77", max width 48"

Last edited:
C'est le V6 qui est réputé ivrogne plus que le 2.3 me semble. Sinon n'importe quoi qui tire 2-3000lb + remorque

Effectivement, mes parents ont eu un B3000 pendant 1 an ou 2 .... sa buvait en sans bon sens y parait.

If you want to look at Ford, I can hook you up with a guy at DesLaurentides Ford. We bought a couple trucks from him. Very transparent and does crazy good deals.

hitch + trailer!

c'est avec le 4roue/vtt que tu doit aller te promener dans le bois avec...pas avec le truck.

met une boule sur ta civic, mon voisin fait ça depuis 4 ans avec son civic.

Conduit intelligemment et t'aura pas de trouble.

Remercie moi de t'avoir sauvé plusieurs millier de $$$.

J'aurais fait pareil avec mon char, mais mon bateau est trop lourd.

tu peux en masse trainer un 4roues avec un civic lol !! FFS J'ai trainé mon gros 4roues 4x4 avec mon trailer qui pèse 1 tonne avec mon neon 1998 automashit. Ah et aussi avec un sunfire 2001.

What truck you need depends on the weight of the cargo, if you plan to get a small ATV ( 400cc or less ) a 1500 ( 1/4 ton ) will work, if you plan on getting a 500cc or larger you may want to look at a 2500 ( 3/4 ton ). With your ATV you will probably want to bring other items such as camping supplies, watch the weight. Do not get a small 4X4 as a Frontier or the smaller Ford, Chev or Dodge, they can not handle the weight unless you trailer the ATV.
For ATV's I have been riding them for decades, Honda has the best durability but not the best ride or quickest, Can-am has the power and a good ride but not that dependable and repair bills are high, Suzuki and Yahama have the best ride but dependability and power is lacking, basically a machine for kids and casual drivers, Polaris lot's of power, good ride but dependability is lacking, Artic cat heavy, rough ride, not that dependable, good stump pulling power. I work in the oil patch mostly, 90% of the ATV's are Honda because they will get you in and out of the bush, the new guys who start get the Can-ams because of the power but their second machine is usually a Honda.
The smaller Honda's will fit in the back of a 4X4 ( not short box ) with the tailgate closed, the larger ones require that the tailgate gets left down or there is a ramp available to raise the front end up enough to close the tailgate. Also, when you get a ATV stay away from all the fancy gadget ones, Honda has a Foreman ( 500cc ) that has almost zero bells and whistles and is bullit proof.... Get a winch, worth their weight in gold when you get stuck.

I'm probably the most anti-truck guy on the forum, so giving advise towards buying a truck you admit not needing is...um...ironic at best.

Trucks suck. In every possible way, unless you actually use it for its purpose of course. Keep the Civic. Commute with the Civic and finish paying it off.

If you have money left over in the month, put it aside and get a used beater truck you can take offroad.

I read the posters above and this is what I can tell you...
Do not buy a Ridgeline if your going to buy an atv, they lack cargo space and are too small imo.
You don't need to select a truck based on the number of cc's your atv will have?! Whichever truck you buy (1500,2500), an atv will fit inside..
As far as atv's I'm guessing you don't need a racer? If your the kind of guy that enjoys trail riding, fishing and basically an all around practical atv, buy a Honda.
As far as Canam's, Suzuki, Kawa's....Their pieces of shit, don't buy those, they depreciate fast and will be hard to sell.
Yamaha and Honda's are equal in my book.
Two models come to mind for an all around good reliable and easy to sell atv.
Honda Foreman 450
Honda Foreman 500

Last edited:
tu peux en masse trainer un 4roues avec un civic lol !! FFS J'ai trainé mon gros 4roues 4x4 avec mon trailer qui pèse 1 tonne avec mon neon 1998 automashit. Ah et aussi avec un sunfire 2001.

Ouain mais twé tu viens dla campagne.

What truck you need depends on the weight of the cargo, if you plan to get a small ATV ( 400cc or less ) a 1500 ( 1/4 ton ) will work, if you plan on getting a 500cc or larger you may want to look at a 2500 ( 3/4 ton ). With your ATV you will probably want to bring other items such as camping supplies, watch the weight. Do not get a small 4X4 as a Frontier or the smaller Ford, Chev or Dodge, they can not handle the weight unless you trailer the ATV.
For ATV's I have been riding them for decades, Honda has the best durability but not the best ride or quickest, Can-am has the power and a good ride but not that dependable and repair bills are high, Suzuki and Yahama have the best ride but dependability and power is lacking, basically a machine for kids and casual drivers, Polaris lot's of power, good ride but dependability is lacking, Artic cat heavy, rough ride, not that dependable, good stump pulling power. I work in the oil patch mostly, 90% of the ATV's are Honda because they will get you in and out of the bush, the new guys who start get the Can-ams because of the power but their second machine is usually a Honda.
The smaller Honda's will fit in the back of a 4X4 ( not short box ) with the tailgate closed, the larger ones require that the tailgate gets left down or there is a ramp available to raise the front end up enough to close the tailgate. Also, when you get a ATV stay away from all the fancy gadget ones, Honda has a Foreman ( 500cc ) that has almost zero bells and whistles and is bullit proof.... Get a winch, worth their weight in gold when you get stuck.

you do know that the old thinking 1/2, 3/4, 1 ton is a really old thing.

a F150 now have more then 1200lbs payload..and even 1600 with the HeavyDuty/tow package

Back