Florida school shooting

So what do you suggest?

They could start with

- Voluntary hand over of firearms and ammunition (for destruction) with no question asked against some form of "reward". I'd have the reward paid by the gun/ammo manufacturer
- Huge restrictions on ammunition sales (where you can get them, how many you can buy, proof of membership to a shooting range... something)
- Further Restrictions on everything that is not bolt/pump action or a revolver. Come down HARD on manufacturer that try to loop-hole design around this
- Drastically increase judicial penalties for gun related offenses (from improper storage to crimes committed with them)

It's no easy task (state law VS federal...) and it won't change everything overnight but the thoughts & prayers approach while I pocket your NRA and milliary complex donations by most politicians is becoming infuriating to many Americans and I understand them.

Dude.

You can't just say that and then go like "propose restricting/banning most of them" and not knowing which ones you keep and which ones you don't. I'm not trying to show you have 0 knowledge in guns, I'm trying to understand your thinking.

If you say "ban all guns" then cool. ALL guns is ALL guns. But if you say "most of them", you need to give me details.

I know I have no knowledge...but I mean over here guns arent allowed unless its for hunting/ shooting range..why cant they have the same laws exactly then? everything is fine over here

People always bring up this ridiculous point of disarming and taking away your gun. has there ever been proposed legislation that actually would have had that effect?

Can you point to a court case where someone went to jail for self-defense?

A ban on automatic weapons would be a ban, not a restriction, not a "let's not sell them anymore." Ban = ban. As for the jail for self defense yeah, several have made the news where someone beat up an intruder in their own home and wound up with charges and jail time + probably monetary damages paid.

Guns used 2.5 million times a year in the US for self-defense, ask those people how do they feel about guns. Here you can't even fight people invading your own house without you going to court and jail for defending your property, self and your family. Your dumb fck ancestors gave up their right for self-preservation and now you're trying to tell the people in another country to give up theirs!?

when was the last time someone invaded your house that you told yourself "damn I wish I had a gun because my life is at risk right now"

I know I have no knowledge...but I mean over here guns arent allowed unless its for hunting/ shooting range..why cant they have the same laws exactly then? everything is fine over here

the laws over here are fucking retarded, it's like they've been written by a 6 year old.

Best example I can give you, is the AR-15 is restricted (meaning you need the restricted firearm permit), but a swiss arms semi-auto is non-restricted.

The AR-15 fires .223 remington caliber, is a semi-auto and has a max legal load of 5 bullets per mag.
The swiss arms is EXACTLY the same but fires 5.56 NATO caliber, which is pretty much the same as .223 remington.

Now why is the AR-15 restricted but the swiss arms isn't? Who the fuck knows? They're basically the same gun.

A ban on automatic weapons would be a ban, not a restriction, not a "let's not sell them anymore." Ban = ban. As for the jail for self defense yeah, several have made the news where someone beat up an intruder in their own home and wound up with charges and jail time + probably monetary damages paid.

Go do your homework... there is unnecessary violence or torture involved in most cases that also send the "victim" to jail. Being a victim of a crime is not give you a "get out of jail" card in Canada. Also, it's always the same few and rare cases that are sited.

Those "get out of jail" cards in US, such as the "stand your ground" law in some states are exactly what is driving this cultural phenomena of gun violence that is plaguing them.

Now why is the AR-15 restricted but the swiss arms isn't? Who the fuck knows? They're basically the same gun.

Maybe... just MAYBE because the ARs are much much much more readily available on this side of the pound??

Maybe... just MAYBE because the ARs are much much much more readily available on this side of the pound??

You mean cheaper?

That would be a lazy way to write a law.

"Oh well the swiss arms are more expensive so yeah they can stay unrestricted no problem man"

You mean cheaper?

"Oh well the swiss arms are more expensive so yeah they can stay unrestricted no problem man"

out of curiosity, what would be your solution to make things better?

pivoting away from my quesiton, Has there been any proposed legislation that would have the your stated effect i.e: disarming citizens. From my understanding actual automatic weapons are near impossible to acquire in the US anyways.

Please point me to these cases where someone went to jail for self-defense so I can read up on on them.

They could start with

- Voluntary hand over of firearms and ammunition (for destruction) with no question asked against some form of "reward". I'd have the reward paid by the gun/ammo manufacturer
- Huge restrictions on ammunition sales (where you can get them, how many you can buy, proof of membership to a shooting range... something)
- Further Restrictions on everything that is not bolt/pump action or a revolver. Come down HARD on manufacturer that try to loop-hole design around this
- Drastically increase judicial penalties for gun related offenses (from improper storage to crimes committed with them)

It's no easy task (state law VS federal...) and it won't change everything overnight but the thoughts & prayers approach while I pocket your NRA and milliary complex donations by most politicians is becoming infuriating to many Americans and I understand them.

again you have no solution about the problem.
you just want to taxe people.

Stop focusing on the guns.

It is not the root of the issue.

out of curiosity, what would be your solution to make things better?

In the US of course:

- More support for mental health problems
- Shrink the gap between the rich and the poor
- The FBI doing their fucking job for once
- Solid background checks to buy any firearm
- Restricted permit for semi-automatic weapons that fire 5.56/.223 or higher caliber and automatic weapons, automatic weapons must stay on shooting range property at all time except if you get a permit to move it.

For the lulz.

Start by setting something up that firearms related offence cant be used or removed due to a plea bargain in a criminal case. Both US and Canada.

Anything firearms related is the first thing to be negotiated when a plea bargain is in the works because they already carry the biggest penalties. This is also why there is little firearms related convictions. They never make it to the court.

Source... 3 police officers in my family along with some LEO from Vermont I am friends with.

You should begin by educating yourself more before offering empty solutions.

You mean cheaper?

No I said available, as in there is probably something like a 1000 Americain ARs for every Swiss manufacturered look-a-like ARs...

S1FAP said:

Lazyness in Law writing and application is a common theme to issues that divide peoples... we've still managed it here.

For the lulz.

Start by setting something up that firearms related offence cant be used or removed due to a plea bargain in a criminal case. Both US and Canada.

Anything firearms related is the first thing to be negotiated when a plea bargain is in the works because they already carry the biggest penalties. This is also why there is little firearms related convictions. They never make it to the court.

Source... 3 police officers in my family along with some LEO from Vermont I am friends with.

You should begin by educating yourself more before offering empty solutions.

I don't understand how what you wrote contradicts what I wrote... your example is kinda what I was talking about. :dunno:

Were you THAT excited to throw shit my way?

In the US of course:

- Restricted permit for semi-automatic weapons that fire 5.56/.223 or higher caliber and automatic weapons, automatic weapons must stay on shooting range property at all time except if you get a permit to move it.

liberal cuck

In the US of course:

Support for mental health: you want to start scanning everyone for health issues? Lots of people will pass those tests with flying colors and still end up shooting people.
Shrink the gap between rich and poor: don't see what this has to do with it. Lot of poor people out there don't have guns or issues...
FBI doing their job: you're probably blaming them for this ONE occasion where they didn't react and admited to it...
Background checks: 100%
Restricted permit: this doesn't solve anything if anyone can just get a permit.

Support for mental health: you want to start scanning everyone for health issues? Lots of people will pass those tests with flying colors and still end up shooting people. What I mean is americans have almost no resources for mental health problems. Most people who have mental health problems would want to consult, but it doesn't mean they can.
Shrink the gap between rich and poor: don't see what this has to do with it. Lot of poor people out there don't have guns or issues...It creates tensions and societal problems.
FBI doing their job: you're probably blaming them for this ONE occasion where they didn't react and admited to it...1 is too many
Background checks: 100% aaaaaaayyyyy
Restricted permit: this doesn't solve anything if anyone can just get a permit.Not everyone can get a permit. Here in Canada it is not the case.

see my answers in red

Back