Official 2020 Toyota Supra

Pour en revenir a la supra, si tu trouve ça cool d'avoir des specs similaires a ce que tu retrouve dans des véhicule uttilitaire a grande diffusion pour un char sport, tant mieux pour toi.

Dude fait juste oublier ton argument c'est complètement n'importe quoi sorry lol...

Le char a absolument RIEN à voir avec tes dompes de pick-up à part un nombre de torque qui correspond, eille bravo mechante belle comparaison!

La plateforme, le poids, le handling, absolument TOUT est différent sauf la "stat" qui dit le torque, es-tu chaud lol?

Si la nouvelle miata avait 400tq le monde chierait à terre tellement ca serait mongole, tu serais tu encore ici pour nous dire "Pfffft ca l'a le même torque qu'un pick-up de chantier"?

Un char ca ne se résume pas aux chiffres de hp/tq, sinon à peu près toutes les Porsches seraient les pires drivers cars avec leur torque "inférieur à un pickup de chantier".

Just stop please lol tu fais aucun sens...

Veux pas prêcher pour ma paroisse mais une 370Z ça coute 30K flambette, avec un look encore très actuel et des performances bien acceptables pour ce qu'on peut faire sur des routes comme on a ici.

Une Supra ira chercher facilement le double de ce prix. On parle pas de la même clientèle.

^^ Dans le neuf, rapport fun-qualité/ prix un 370 est imbattable pour le moment même si tu prêche pour ta paroisse.

Last edited:
Veux pas prêcher pour ma paroisse mais une 370Z ça coute 30K flambette, avec un look encore très actuel et des performances bien acceptables pour ce qu'on peut faire sur des routes comme on a ici.

Une Supra ira chercher facilement le double de ce prix. On parle pas de la même clientèle.

Effectivement deux chars completement différents

Car and driver parlent d’autour de 50k$ pour le us market

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Dude fait juste oublier ton argument c'est complètement n'importe quoi sorry lol...

Le char a absolument RIEN à voir avec tes dompes de pick-up à part un nombre de torque qui correspond, eille bravo mechante belle comparaison!

La plateforme, le poids, le handling, absolument TOUT est différent sauf la "stat" qui dit le torque, es-tu chaud lol?

Si la nouvelle miata avait 400tq le monde chierait à terre tellement ca serait mongole, tu serais tu encore ici pour nous dire "Pfffft ca l'a le même torque qu'un pick-up de chantier"?

Un char ca ne se résume pas aux chiffres de hp/tq, sinon à peu près toutes les Porsches seraient les pires drivers cars avec leur torque "inférieur à un pickup de chantier".

Just stop please lol tu fais aucun sens...

Sa va faire 3-4 fois que je dis le mot motorisation. C'est sur qu'on parle pas de chassis.
Compare une Supra TT a un F-150 1993 et c'était le jour et la nuit mécaniquement parlant coté innovation/raffinement. I6 DOHC 24V TT avec VVTI vs V8 16v a pushrod.

L'idée c'est que y'a 10-15ans c'était cool/exotique un 6 turbo. Maintenant que t'as des V6 TT a injection directe/multiport dans des véhicule a 40k, sa ne fais plus rever un I6 avec un turbo bien peinard. C'est pas compliquer me semble. T'es pas supposer arriver avec 10HP de plus qu'une Kia Stinger 3.3T et te peter les bretelles.

La, t'es rendu dans le meme ballpark de puissance que des moteurs produits en centaines de milliers d'exemplaires par années. C'est juste rien de spécial de nos jours comme output. D'ou l'example d'un f150 qui sort ça sur du 87 octane avec le plus petit moteur dispo. On parlera meme pas du 3.5 HO qui sort 450hp/510 de torque.

Le 3.0TT des Lincoln Continental sort 400hp/400tq pour les chauffers d'uber. J'peux pas croire que le fabriquant des "ultimate driving machine" n'ose pas faire mieux pour ses voitures sport.

C'est rien de spécial comme moteur et c'est ça qui est decevant. Ça n'enlève rien au reste de la voiture, mais sa démontre que c'était phoned in comme effort et non "all out".

Sa va faire 3-4 fois que je dis le mot motorisation. C'est sur qu'on parle pas de chassis.
Compare une Supra TT a un F-150 1993 et c'était le jour et la nuit mécaniquement parlant coté innovation/raffinement. I6 DOHC 24V TT avec VVTI vs V8 16v a pushrod.

L'idée c'est que y'a 10-15ans c'était cool/exotique un 6 turbo. Maintenant que t'as des V6 TT a injection directe/multiport dans des véhicule a 40k, sa ne fais plus rever un I6 avec un turbo bien peinard. C'est pas compliquer me semble. T'es pas supposer arriver avec 10HP de plus qu'une Kia Stinger 3.3T et te peter les bretelles.

La, t'es rendu dans le meme ballpark de puissance que des moteurs produits en centaines de milliers d'exemplaires par années. C'est juste rien de spécial de nos jours comme output. D'ou l'example d'un f150 qui sort ça sur du 87 octane avec le plus petit moteur dispo. On parlera meme pas du 3.5 HO qui sort 450hp/510 de torque.

Le 3.0TT des Lincoln Continental sort 400hp/400tq pour les chauffers d'uber. J'peux pas croire que le fabriquant des "ultimate driving machine" n'ose pas faire mieux pour ses voitures sport.

C'est rien de spécial comme moteur et c'est ça qui est decevant. Ça n'enlève rien au reste de la voiture, mais sa démontre que c'était phoned in comme effort et non "all out".

Dude, t'es déconnecté avec tes moteurs.

Ben achète la pas et passe à autre chose.

En tout cas côté look je suis sûr que tout MR va la trouver belle d'ici un an ou deux.

Last edited:
Pas mal tous les chars sports s'en viennent AWD

Not the Supra :D

As for price and power; the Z4 details are already out there. I'd expect power to be similar and pricing to be slightly lower than the Z4.

Competition? Porsche Cayman.

People who say it looks like a Toyota 86: when you see them side by side you'll eat your words.

I think that everyone is saying the Supra should the be an "all out here's what we can do" because they remember the mkIV being that...what about the 3 gens before it? It wasn't the "all out, the best of the best we can produce"....it was an upgraded Celica.

We also need to keep in mind that we've hit a "plateau" of technical development for vehicles at the moment (compared to the late 80's and early 90's where there was a huge technological boom with EFI being mass-introduced) and to do the "all out, here's the best we can offer" scenario today, the development would cost so much, the Supra would have to be sold in the mid 6 figures (if you want an exotic looking RWD car with 500+ HP, Toyota makes the Lexus LC500 for 120k...go have fun with that).

It seems to me Toyota is looking back more at the first 3 gens of the car, and using an existing vehicle for inspiration, with overall upgrades (the 86 is the inspiration here instead of the Celica).

My $0.02.

I think that everyone is saying the Supra should the be an "all out here's what we can do" because they remember the mkIV being that...what about the 3 gens before it? It wasn't the "all out, the best of the best we can produce"....it was an upgraded Celica.

We also need to keep in mind that we've hit a "plateau" of technical development for vehicles at the moment (compared to the late 80's and early 90's where there was a huge technological boom with EFI being mass-introduced) and to do the "all out, here's the best we can offer" scenario today, the development would cost so much, the Supra would have to be sold in the mid 6 figures (if you want an exotic looking RWD car with 500+ HP, Toyota makes the Lexus LC500 for 120k...go have fun with that).

It seems to me Toyota is looking back more at the first 3 gens of the car, and using an existing vehicle for inspiration, with overall upgrades (the 86 is the inspiration here instead of the Celica).

My $0.02.

all 3 generations before the A80 were the top of the line toyota, you've never looked into these cars if you think they were upgraded celicas, SMH

all 3 generations before the A80 were the top of the line toyota, you've never looked into these cars if you think they were upgraded celicas, SMH
The original Supra was named Celica-Supra. The original Camry was named Celica-Camry. So the Supra is really just a Camry coupe in reality.

Most non 4x4 Toyotas originate from either the Corolla, the Carina/Celica or the Crown.

Last edited:
The original Supra was named Celica-Supra. The original Camry was named Celica-Camry. So the Supra is really just a Camry coupe in reality.

Most non 4x4 Toyotas originate from either the Corolla, the Carina/Celica or the Crown.

only the second gen supra was a celica supra combo, and if you do any work on those cars, you're going to realise very quickly the build quality difference and all the extra features of the supras.

There's quite a distinction to be made between being "top of the line" in a time when everything was carburated and performance was lack luster...and being an engineering marvel for any given period.

Take the Veyron for example. When it came out, it was the absolute pinnacle of performance for a production car and it cost millions to buy. And now? It's not even impressive anymore as you're getting similar (or "close enough") numbers and performance from a Corvette/Challenger worth 1/20th. My point is that the 4th gen Supra was considered a massive performance leap forward in the Toyota world given the era (beginning of EFI and turbo/twin turbo engines - the RX-7 of that generation was also regarded that way in contrast to it's 2 previous gens). Since that jump in technology, we haven't advanced or made a massive progress/leap forward, so the new Supra cannot be a 500+ super car with peak or ground breaking technology since we aren't at a point in time where that's possible.

The build quality may have been at the absolute top, but the fact remains that the pre-mkIV Supras were indeed upgraded/modified/boosted/[insert adjective here] Celicas.

There's quite a distinction to be made between being "top of the line" in a time when everything was carburated and performance was lack luster...and being an engineering marvel for any given period.

Take the Veyron for example. When it came out, it was the absolute pinnacle of performance for a production car and it cost millions to buy. And now? It's not even impressive anymore as you're getting similar (or "close enough") numbers and performance from a Corvette/Challenger worth 1/20th. My point is that the 4th gen Supra was considered a massive performance leap forward in the Toyota world given the era (beginning of EFI and turbo/twin turbo engines - the RX-7 of that generation was also regarded that way in contrast to it's 2 previous gens). Since that jump in technology, we haven't advanced or made a massive progress/leap forward, so the new Supra cannot be a 500+ super car with peak or ground breaking technology since we aren't at a point in time where that's possible.

The build quality may have been at the absolute top, but the fact remains that the pre-mkIV Supras were indeed upgraded/modified/boosted/[insert adjective here] Celicas.

supras were EFI since 83' at least. mk3 had single turbo and twin turbo engines options since 88, no celica is comparable to a mk3 supra, even mk2 are fairly different in all regards to a 85' celica.

I've worked on plenty of mk2, mk3 and mk4 supras and 84-85 celicas to know that they are nothing alike.

Back