Risque de rupture de barrage de la Chute Bell Grenville-sur-la-Rouge

As opposed to what un-natural causes?

ORIGINAL.jpg

Why have we not had such bad flooding prior to 2017?
We have had similar or greater snow amounts in winter, followed by heavy rains in the spring.

1970 le fleuve a déja monté beaucoup plus haut.

J'ai vu des photo d'histoire ou tout le boulevard kruger était sous l'eau a TR. Reste encore quelque metre avant de ressembler a 1970

We have had similar or greater snow amounts in winter, followed by heavy rains in the spring.

The area in Yellow is everything that feeds the Ottawa River.

Are you able to tell that over all this area, we had similar amounts of snow and rain all winter?

Ottawarivermap.png

Changements climatiques? Pas pour te décourager mais sa va être de pire en pire...

Ou tu crois pas à ça non plus?

Hey le Nevada etait sous l'eau aussi il y a 200.000.000 ans.

@ spacemanspiff c'est le Pont Proulx et il a ete refait en 2016 et non pas 2017 comme je pensais:

http://www.portailconstructo.com/ac...ont_proulx_situe_sur_lautoroute_20_lileperrot

Le ministère des Transports réalisera des travaux de réfection majeure sur le pont Proulx, situé dans l'axe de l'autoroute 20, à quelques mètres à l'ouest du pont Galipeault, à L'Île-Perrot.

Ces travaux débuteront dans la semaine du 31 août et s'échelonneront jusqu'en octobre 2016. Ils consistent essentiellement à remplacer la dalle, à réparer les unités de fondation ainsi qu'à remplacer les appareils d'appuis et les joints de tablier de la structure.

Ces interventions permettront ainsi d'assurer un lien essentiel sur l'autoroute 20 et prolongeront la vie utile de la structure.

What people seem to forget is that most of these flooded areas have always been natural flood plains. Most of the Montreal and south shore are. We have just been lucky in recent years

What people seem to forget is that most of these flooded areas have always been natural flood plains. Most of the Montreal and south shore are. We have just been lucky in recent years
What about Lachine though?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

What about Lachine though?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I'm not in town right now, in sunny Orlando. What I'm told is the bike path is flooded out and some of the park. It's what happened a few years ago, they built a 4 ft dike at 45th. My father in law lives on the corner of 54th and Lakeshore for like 1000 years. He said once or twice it made it across the street.

The water ways around Montreal are odd as you have so many large bodies of water vs one single. The back river etc can't handle as much water as the St Lawrence can. Obviously to size, current and depth. There is enough historical data to fall back on make to VERY accurate flood maps. Look them up and pretty much all the areas being flooded out now have been doing so for years.. just in recent memory people have forgot about it as winters have been mild. Developers bought cheap land in a flood plain, built homes and do I need to say more?

A family friend lives along the back river in pierrefonds. In the mid 90s my father raised the house 6ft and had a flood wall built. Lots of homes off Dauville etc have been raised.

So it's either you moved or deal with tax burden from building flood control barriers or hydro dams

gov site

https://www.cehq.gouv.qc.ca/zones-inond/carte-esri/index.html

Back