2020 Formula 1 Official Thread

Can't believe people really believed it would have been possible. FB was full of ... " F1 in Canada , yehhhh !!! I told you so "

I guess hope dies last...
It was 80% feasible but only with another race in North America or a double-header like Austria here. Teams had already started to line up hotels FYI just incase. If we do see more races added those will be in the Middle East

That article from last month where it said "race is confirmed with fans" was total BS. While the weekend was free there were just too many factors to overcome. Canada isn't lifting the 14 day quarantine anytime soon either.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

It was 80% feasible but only with another race in North America or a double-header like Austria here. Teams had already started to line up hotels FYI just incase. If we do see more races added those will be in the Middle East

That article from last month where it said "race is confirmed with fans" was total BS. While the weekend was free there were just too many factors to overcome. Canada isn't lifting the 14 day quarantine anytime soon either.

Exactly. Without fans and no other race on the Americas there was zero point in coming. The whole thing hinged on going to Austin and at least Mexico but given Texas is a Covid disaster...

Great to see some real race tracks added to the calendar. Portimao is like a wider Donington with it's rolling hills and crazy gradient changes. World Superbike races there. Wish they'd also go to the other MotoGP circuits, Brno, Assen, Aaragon and Sachsenring, a great old school track.

Exactly. Without fans and no other race on the Americas there was zero point in coming. The whole thing hinged on going to Austin and at least Mexico but given Texas is a Covid disaster...

Great to see some real race tracks added to the calendar. Portimao is like a wider Donington with it's rolling hills and crazy gradient changes. World Superbike races there. Wish they'd also go to the other MotoGP circuits, Brno, Assen, Aaragon and Sachsenring, a great old school track.
I predict Bahrain and Abu Dhabi will be added. Possibility of Qatar at Doha circuit. While some have told me "oh you know Canada was the only NA round for years and they pulled it off" yes it was but also during a normal season. Crossing the Atlantic given the circumstances now for one round is a bit silly.

When was it supposed to be originally ? In October?

Good stuff.

I am also really happy for Lando. He's living through times of change with a significantly improving constructor that has a lot of history as well.

Edit: Brown is such a fucking boss. Looking forward to how far he takes McLaren:

“We’re delighted to welcome Gulf back to McLaren and reunite two iconic brands back together in a new and exciting partnership. Gulf is part of McLaren’s history and are well-known for their innovation and technical excellence in the industry, which aligns with McLaren perfectly. We are looking forward to starting our partnership together this season.”

Back