Are drivers worse than before the pandemic?

lord_galathon

Am I the only one that finds that drivers are horrible since we went back to a certain normality?

Traffic everywhere and at all times, people confused by traffic lights and just sleep there for 3-5 seconds before moving on a green, I've seen people miss lights because they were asleep at the wheel.

Honking doesn't even work anymore - Monday afternoon I literally sat on my horn for 10+ seconds along with several other drivers behind me and the person in front of us gave not a single fuck - wound up missing and making everyone else miss the light.

Parking lots are terrible like the lines are invisible, drivers don't observe the lanes and just drive diagonally and at full speed blindly.

Drivers don't even slow down for some of the stop signs wtf? I'm not a stickler for the one mississippi two mississippi thing but at least pretend like you want to do your stop no?

Trucks... Oh - my - God! Drove back from Quebec on the 20 and it was a fucking meli-melo of trucks "drag racing" up and down the slight hills on overpasses and just normal geographical relief for miles and miles and miles...

Plus the truck is alongside you on the right lane as you drive past him on the cruise control set to 116 but he's stuck behind another even slower vehicle - does he check his mirror? Nope. Just flashes once and turns onto you, I literally had to lock my brakes to avoid getting sideswiped by a tractor trailer with a container attached to its back.

I mean no way he didn't see me coming up behind. Nobody around but me and as far as I know him (can't see through the truck). Moving from the right lane to the left BEFORE I lose sight of his mirrors so HE KNOWS I'm there. Nope. Not a single fuck.

Worse offender though is something I saw on Harwood (20) where the lights are in Dorion.

I'm second in line at a red light - traffic is packed.

FIRE TRUCK comes up sirens blaring behind us JUST AS THE LIGHT TURNS GREEN.

Driver in front of me moves to the side instead of driving off - thereby blocking me, and all traffic behind me including the fire truck.

Tabarnak guys, if your light is green and a priority vehicle arrives BEHIND why don't you FUCKING GO you twat? Clear the intersection so that the fucking ambulance, fire truck or cop can drive through no?

Idiots. Surrounded we are.

so basically it hasn`t changed loool

Its always been like that and with cell phones and 42" screens in cars, people are even mor oblivious to their suroundings

Always been like this.... I find traffic has been decent unless you are trying to get off the western end of the island. I try to drive as possible to keep my blood psi down

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I think lockdown just treated us with reduced traffic and only '' essential'' people being on the road made it so retirees and maybe even less competent human beings were forced t stay home.

Now that its back to normal, everyones back on the roads and its the same old story.
I don't notice THAT much of a difference but i mean.... meh?

I do find that it's worst, not necesarly traffic in general though (that I think is part of a bigger picture problem).

I ride a motorcycle on a daily so I am on the "aware" kind on the road. The amount of people who just blow through stop signs at 15km/h or do their stop a car and half after the stop line in 514 residential neightboorhood increased for sure.

Many people barely drove for a full year or more, no fuckin' way that made them better driver overnight. Also, there is much more delivery worker on the road, they are not exactly the curteous type... all this adds up to what OP is describing.

Last edited:
I do find that it's worst, not necesarly traffic in general though (that I think is part of a bigger picture problem).

I ride a motorcycle on a daily so I am on the "aware" kind on the road. The amount of people who just blow through stop zones at 15km/h or do their stop a car and half after the stop line in 514 residential neightboorhood increased for sure.

Many people barely drove for a full year or more, no fuckin' way that made them better driver overnight. Also, there is much more delivery worker on the road, they are not exactly the curteous type... all this adds up to what OP is describing.

mmm makes sense, I didnt think about the amount of delivery drivers going around like their Jacques Villeneuve. I remember the days when that was reserved for Benny's delivery drivers.

Side note: I do love the irony of Benny's delivery guys driving around like dicks with a literal Coq on the top of their car :laugh:

i find the difference between the morning dailies vs the mid-day crowd has exploded. Morning daily drivers 4:30-7:30 Mon-Fri is pretty much the same; some shit drivers, mostly pretty decent.

Mid-day drivers...ho. ly. shit. Yeah it's gone downhill. People who drive occasionally were probably those tho left their cars completely behind during the middle of the pandemic or something. It's almost funny...except then you realise your kid's in the backseat around these people.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

That's the other thing. I'm sure there are lots less people taking mass transit than before, which puts an inordinate amount of unapt/scared/nervous drivers out there.

En effet,

Je trouve que ça l'a empiré

Mon ami policier m'a dit aussi que le nombre de conducteur sans permis de conduire a explosé aussi depuis la pandémie.. Ils conduisent la voiture de quelqu'un d'autre

I did notice in Montreal there are more left lane hogs recently...and when I pass them on the right (I admit I shouldn't) they look at me like I'm an a-hole... wow.

Les conducteurs de jour:

Je ne sais pas si c'est pire qu'avant ou pas, ça a toujours été pénible et ça va en augmentant d'année en année avec toutes les véhicules qui ont grossi et les aides à la conduite.

Je trouve pas, j'ai fait 6000km dans le dernier mois incluant ma semaine de vacances en Gaspésie et je trouve ça ben normal, et je travaille dans la région du grand Montréal en plus.

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk

Pour avoir fait +40 000km dans la derniere année je te confirme que oui

Mon analyse:

-La population a été fortement conditionné a respecté la loi sinon de grosse amende vont apparaitre (covid), leur stress face a une rencontre avec une police fait en sorte qu'ils sont moins délinquant
-Pendant longtemps, commerce limité, visite chez les gens, télé travail. Pour plusieurs etre assit dans son char est devenue leur moment de relaxation, leur moment seul et zen de la journée... Criss ca fait 1 hr je suis partie de la maison, en temps normal je serais partie 8, est-ce que je vais me dépecher? Non je vais prendre mon temps en osti fac je me pogne le cul sur la route

Oui c’est pire. Aucuns clignotants lors de changements de voies, du monde qui coupent au dernier moment de la voie de gauche pour prendre des sorties et ceux qui m’enrage le plus: les breteux qui roulent 60-65km sur l’autoroute avec personne devant eux dans la voie de gauche ou celle du centre. De vrais dangers publics.

Y'a surement une corrélation à faire avec la quantité de mongoles qui chauffent leur auto seuls avec un masque dans face.

Back