News: 2014 Jeep Cherokee

AriGold

Here it is, the 2014 Jeep Cherokee. It's an interesting design I guess...

2014 Jeep Cherokee: This Is It!
We've seen development mules of the next small Jeep crossover/SUV parading around for months. In our minds it was the 2014 Liberty, just wearing an Alfa Romeo Giulietta body but was also a good bit taller. Through these exclusive photos we've learned two things. First, it won't look anything like an Alfa. Second, it won't be a Liberty. This is the 2014 Jeep Cherokee. That's right, the Cherokee is back.

First things first, those headlights. It looks a lot like Jeep is taking a page from the Nissan Juke handbook here. The narrow lights on top are combined with some larger bulbs next to the grille. I don't hate the Juke, so I don't really hate this either. Some may see it as a Jeep that's sucking lemons, but there's nothing wrong with a little boldness. In fact, Car and Driver had already predicted a fairly insane design like this in an earlier rendering. They were super close.

In profile, I'm actually getting an Isuzu Axiom vibe. Again, this isn't a bad thing. The Axiom had some interesting design traits, like the very narrow headlamps. What I really don't care for the is the body cladding. Oodles and oodles of cladding. Higher trim levels will probably get rid of the cladding. Overall though, I actually like it. It's a bit futurisitic and way more daring than anything we've ever seen from Jeep. You gotta respect that.

It's loosely based on the Dodge Dart/Alfa Giulietta, so that makes the Cherokee yet another car-based crossover. I'm willing to bet it's modified enough to be considered "Trail Rated," because I'm sure Jeep doesn't want to fully bastardize the Cherokee name.

Inside we have what appears to be what common folk call an "interior." There is a center stack as well as a chunky steering wheel. It also looks like off-road modes are located on a knob next to the gear lever. Also, there is an electronic handbrake. Great.

According to the ever knowledgable folks at Allpar, the Jeep should offer a selection of V6 and four-cylinder engines:

The car is almost certain to have a 3.2 V6 instead of the 3.6, for better wheel travel and gas mileage. Export cars will get the current 2-liter four-cylinder diesel. Four cylinders are likely to be a Tiger Shark 2.4, and the 1.4 liter Fiat turbo as a gas-mileage king; there might be a single four-cylinder to simplify production and reduce engineering costs, but it now appears that the Cherokee will be a V6 only, at least in the United States. If gas prices rise, the VM 3.0 V6 diesel could be installed at a later date.

A diesel Cherokee outside of China? Sign us up.

Full article: http://jalopnik.com/2014-jeep-cherokee-this-is-it-335476306

k-bigpic.jpg

k-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

Here are some clearer images as well
k-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/2014-jeep-cherok...s-it-376452776

I think it looks a little better now. Still not liking the curved grille. Has a little ford espace look to it.

Huh ... c'est une joke ca ? Ca peut pas être un Cherokee ... J'peux pas croire .

J'espère que c'est une joke. J'ai toujours été un fan des Cherokee et le modèle actuel est tout simplement magnifique. Mais ça c'est une horreur.

EDIT: Je pensais que ça devait remplacer le Grand Cherokee. Ça remplace le Liberty.

I guess the compass and the patriot was not enough for them

Sent from my Skyrocket

Of course not. It was important to disgrace the Jeep name even more.

Whatever. This will always be the Cherokee to me...

IMG_2357_jpg.jpg

Whoever comes up with names at Chrysler should be shot... All these classics completely destroyed; first the Charge, then the Dart, and now the Cherokee...

That interior looks way too much like ford

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

UPDATE: Press Release.
Fortune favors the bold, and this is much bolder than most of the entry-level crossovers out there. Here's the press release:

Auburn Hills, Mich. - Jeep(r) Cherokee. The name is instantly recognizable as the most capable and versatile mid-size SUV in the world. For 2014, Jeep brings the Cherokee name back to North America with the debut of its all-new mid-size sport-utility vehicle.
Set to debut at the New York International Auto Show in March, the all-new, "no-compromise" 2014 Jeep Cherokee sets a new standard with even more best-in-class capability, exemplary on-road driving dynamics, and fuel economy improvements of more than 45 percent versus the outgoing mid-size SUV model.

The all-new 2014 Jeep Cherokee will be built in the United States at Chrysler Group's Toledo Assembly Plant in Toledo, Ohio, and will arrive in dealer showrooms in the third quarter of this year.

Here are some clearer images as well
k-bigpic.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

ku-xlarge.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/2014-jeep-cherokee-we-told-you-this-was-it-376452776

I think it looks a little better now. Still not liking the curved grille. Has a little ford espace look to it.

Back